Windows 10: Update installed this morning prevents me from using touch screen. How do I fix this since...

Discus and support Update installed this morning prevents me from using touch screen. How do I fix this since... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why did the Window update installed this morning impact my ability to use touchscreen? This is a problem for me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by verabrooks, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Update installed this morning prevents me from using touch screen. How do I fix this since...

Why did the Window update installed this morning impact my ability to use touchscreen? This is a problem for me.

:)

verabrooks, Aug 15, 2018

2. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Firmware Update Fixes iPod Touch Screen Issues

After some users complained of the iPod Touch having issues with its LCD screen, it seems Apple has fixed the problem with the release of the 1.1.1 firmware. The iPod Touch was initially criticised for its screen being inferior to that of the iPhone despite the two using very similar hardware, however users are now reporting that their screens are much better, with issues such as the screen showing dark or negative images being resolved. It is speculated that the improvements are due to altered brightness and contrast settings – which would cast some doubt upon the original diagnosis that the LCD coating had been incorrectly applied. Although there seem to be mixed results, if you have an iPod Touch you should definitely give the new firmware a test and see if it offers any improvements for you. It is a 150MB download which should be available via iTunes.

Source: TECH.BLORGE.com

Jimmy 2004, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Dani Pun Win User

Update installed this morning prevents me from using touch screen. How do I fix this since...

Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Update installed this morning prevents me from using touch screen. How do I fix this since...

1. Update installed this morning prevents me from using touch screen. How do I fix this since... - Similar Threads - Update installed morning

2. How do I fix this touch screen problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this touch screen problem?: I already had 2 non-touch monitors set up on my pc, then I added a brand new touch pad monitor from WIMAXIT model 1400CT.When I opened the box and plugged it in the computer the windows 10 pc instantly gained touch pad abilities which is good. But it reads that my old 2...
  3. How do I fix this touch screen problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix this touch screen problem?: I already had 2 non-touch monitors set up on my pc, then I added a brand new touch pad monitor from WIMAXIT model 1400CT.When I opened the box and plugged it in the computer the windows 10 pc instantly gained touch pad abilities which is good. But it reads that my old 2...
  4. How do I fix this touch screen problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I prevent time from being used while the screen is locked?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I prevent time from being used while the screen is locked?: My daughter forgot to sign out of our home PC yesterday, so when she tried to use her laptop at school she'd already used up all her time. I checked the time in family link and it was definitely over night while she slept. Surely there is a better way than expecting a...
  6. no audio output device installed since last update how do I fix this

no audio output device installed since last update how do I fix this: Since the last update to windows 10 I have have the above error. I have tried reinstalling audio drivers from the HP site as I have a HP notebook and this has not resolved the problem. I tried a complete reset of the notebook and there is still no resolution. I have tried...
  7. Blue screen preventing me from doing a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen preventing me from doing a clean install: In need of help! I deleted some files then all a sudden i got a blue screen. I know i have to do a clean install and have the usb file, but how do i install when this blue screen will not go away?...
  8. How do I prevent windows from serving me ads?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I prevent windows from serving me ads?: I need to prevent this from happening: https://i.imgur.com/vnxM3pk.png When I or other users press the windows key and start typing, I'm shown this advertisement for a service I do not want. Is there a way to prevent this? Thanks for the help - Ben...
  9. How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?

How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?: I have an issue where Intel Management Interface Engine driver is preventing my laptop from hibernating or shutting down, I mean, the system just comes back to lock screen instead of turning off. If you search the web, you'll see this driver is well known to cause this issue,...
  10. How to Prevent from re-install updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Prevent from re-install updates: Hi, I want to uninstall last AU Update (ver. 105) because it takes too long restarting Windows (from 46s to over 1min. 6s), but I believe Windows will at once re-install the Update. How to prevent this? Thank you. 63091