Windows 10: Update is wanting to download AMD64 Bit cumulative version? Help....

Discus and support Update is wanting to download AMD64 Bit cumulative version? Help.... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello: I have an Intel based 64 Bit Windows 10 system (Intel I7 processor). I've never had issues before with downloading windows updates. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by benherrmann, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Update is wanting to download AMD64 Bit cumulative version? Help....

Hello:

I have an Intel based 64 Bit Windows 10 system (Intel I7 processor). I've never had issues before with downloading windows updates. However, with this latest update, it downloading (I can't stop it) the AMD64 version of the update. So what occurs is that it downloads it - I can't stop it or somehow exclude this particular AMD64 bit version - and after the rebooting process, it tells me it is unable to install the update. Why it is recognizing my PC as an AMD64 bit version is beyond me (it's never done this previously). I have nothing on my PC AMD-wise. My video card is a NVIDIA card.

I can't even bring up windows update to download the other updates because it immediately starts downloading the AMD64 bit version again and now I have to go through the entire scenario again - that is, reboot, uninstall it, etc.

What can I do here?

:)

benherrmann, Nov 14, 2017
  2. Gioiosani Win User

downloading wrong update

Hi, I have Toshiba satellite pro C850-1HD Intel Core i5 3230M with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit fall update. Windows update wants to download Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for amd64-based Systems (KB4051963). I have set my network to metered to
    stop it down loading and installing. but do not know how to stop it or get it to recognise my processor? Help please

Gioiosani, Nov 14, 2017
  3. JimA387 Win User
    KB3116908 Failed to Install

Microsoft update catalog for KB3116908 is only for AMD64

I have an Intel i7 64 bit processor.

Where do I get the cumulative update for the intel processor?

I am also receiving 0x80070570 which is probably because it is trying to update an AMD64.

JimA387, Nov 14, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Update is wanting to download AMD64 Bit cumulative version? Help....

Cumulative Update KB4048955 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.64 - Windows 10 Forums

It's a regular Cumulative Update. Has nothing to do with processors. amd64 is simply a 'moniker' MS uses for legal purposes.

Edwin, Nov 14, 2017
  5. ...it doesn't address why Windows Update is arbitrarily downloading the AMD64 version to my Intel PC - and it won't stop doing it. It's doing it now as I write this. Will go to the site you mentioned and download the Intel version. Then install the manual version quickly before it starts to try and install the AMD64 version?

6. Word Man Win User
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    @benherrmann,

Perhaps this will help:
    x86-64 - Wikipedia

"x86-64 (also known as x64, x86_64, AMD64 and Intel 64[note 1]) is the 64-bit version of the x86 instruction set"

AMD64 is referring to the instruction set the CPU is running, not who made the CPU itself. The update is perfectly applicable to your Intel CPU. It's running on my Intel I7-4702HQ CPU right now just fine. That's because the Intel CPU is still running the AMD64 instruction set even though the physical chip is made by Intel.

Look in your update history:

Update is wanting to download AMD64 Bit cumulative version?  Help.... [​IMG]

My computer:

Update is wanting to download AMD64 Bit cumulative version?  Help.... [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Nov 14, 2017
  8. Update is wanting to download AMD64 Bit cumulative version? Help....

...the only thing now is that this particular cumulative update won't install. I've tried it now a half dozen times and I just eventually get the error message, "Unable to Install update," and then it begins the uninstall process. Will keep trying.

9. I've now tried one dozen times to install this update - both using Windows Update - and also downloading the update manually and trying to do so. At the time it appears as though it's updating, however, when you reboot the PC and it goes through the process - once it gets to the start up window, it only updates to around the 85% complete point and then I get an error message that states "Unable to complete updates," and it then begins undoing what it did so far.

I've turned off my anti-virus program (Avira) - but nothing works. Is anybody else having a difficult time getting this to install properly? I've never had any windows update installation issues in the past.

10. Edwin New Member
    I didn't see any progress, it all went too fast!

Edwin, Nov 14, 2017
  11. On my PC, whenever an update is being done and you hit "restart," the blue screen appears and then white lettering shows the process of the update behind the scenes, i. e. "15% completed, etc." Then it reboots and once rebooted it temporarily shows another blue screen that shows the remainder of the progress - i.e. "75% completed," etc. Once it shows 100%, it then goes to the desktop.

But in this case, with this update, it goes to 85% and stops - then telling me it was unable to install and rolls it back.

So if anybody else is experiencing this, I'd love to get some tips on what to look for.

Thanks,

Ben

benherrmann, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Update is wanting to download AMD64 Bit cumulative version? Help....

1. Update is wanting to download AMD64 Bit cumulative version? Help.... - Similar Threads - Update wanting download

2. 2020-05 Cumulative update for windows version 1809 for 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2020-05 Cumulative update for windows version 1809 for 64 bit: I cant update it, i tried for many times since last week any help guys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2020-05-cumulative-update-for-windows-version-1809/0f9da6be-bb85-4621-a851-169013a49ba8
  3. Feature Update version amd64 - 2019-03

Feature Update version amd64 - 2019-03: After the last 1803 2019-04 updates installed, I saw the Feature Update 1809 AMD 64 2019-03 show up. On 5/17/2019 while my notebook was connected to the Library's wireless network, the feature 1809 started D/L'ing and reached 93 percent completion, when I needed to shut...
  4. Windows 10 Update version 1809 amd64 2019-03

Windows 10 Update version 1809 amd64 2019-03: Concerning the above update, I keep getting the message "Requires a restart to finish installing". the message does not contain an error code. I have restarted my PC for a week now, not only at starting the PC every day, but also during the day. Obviously installing has...
  5. UPDATE ISSUE: version 1809 amd64 2019-03

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UPDATE ISSUE: version 1809 amd64 2019-03: Hi there, I have been trying to update the following for some time now, it goes through the processes of updating, resets and then once again repeats itself, trying to download and update. Version 1809 amd64 2019-03 At times it says it has been unable to work...
  6. Wanted to download previous version of windows.

Wanted to download previous version of windows.: There's any way to download iso of different version of windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wanted-to-download-previous-version-of-windows/c0374b6b-cccc-4264-aacd-46fdb83cb1d9
  7. Wanted to download previous version.

Wanted to download previous version.: There's any way to download iso for different versions of windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wanted-to-download-previous-version/2051df37-6769-4bad-b677-2859ee00e7da
  8. Windows update persist to download AMD64 instead of X64

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update persist to download AMD64 instead of X64: I have a laptop that is Intel based chipset and Nvidia GPU , ever since 1709 update and all cumulative updates being downloaded are the amd64 version of the update , 50% of the time the update downloads and fail to install and just attempt to do the very same thing again and...
  9. Downloading cumulative updates

Downloading cumulative updates: Just curious to learn as to why while downloading Cumulative Updates for Win 10 thru Windows Update the download gets struck midway? The same files download in a jiffy when downloaded from Catalog site of MS. Why this problem is not being solved in spite of Insider Program?...
  10. Cumulative update kb3200970 installed manually...WU wants to download

Cumulative update kb3200970 installed manually...WU wants to download: After repeated problems with the update failing I did a clean install and installed kb3200970 manually from the windows catalogue and it shows as an installed update. Windows automatic updates wants to download and install it again. Is this really necessary? Any way to make...