Windows 10: Update KB 4034674 Refuses to load

Discus and support Update KB 4034674 Refuses to load in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Culmulative update KB 4034674 is the one that screwed up my laptop, and refuses to install. I download it, run it, and it goes in, then says cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by elbmek, Aug 30, 2017.

1. elbmek Win User

Update KB 4034674 Refuses to load

Culmulative update KB 4034674 is the one that screwed up my laptop, and refuses to install. I download it, run it, and it goes in, then says cannot work, reverting changes.

:)

elbmek, Aug 30, 2017
  2. TomSiske Win User

update KB4034674

Is anyone else having keyboard issues with the latest update from Microsoft KB 4034674?

TomSiske, Aug 30, 2017
  3. KB 4034674 Windows 10 update trying to come down, will not download and seems to prevent further updates?

Thanks to Dennis Tryx3 for his reply to our query, my wife has tried the reset Windows update and clear the update queue. It did not work and the message that came back was "Potential Windows Update Database" error detected.

We I feel are not competent enough to try the Windows Update - Reset - TenForum.

Regards

Phil.

Phil - G1LKJ, Aug 30, 2017
  4. Update KB 4034674 Refuses to load

So if this is now impacting your desktop, machine in system specs, and you mentioned screwed laptop, I think the first thing I would do is look at AV product. I'm making assumption you are using same product on both. I would completely uninstall Kaspersky and any other third party AV's that are idling and try again.

Failing that I would hide update and wait for next update September 12th.

Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 31, 2017
  5. elbmek Win User
    Kaspersky Total 2018 is on my pc now and running fine, no conflicts. I bought a new laptop (Lenovo 50-50 - big spec) yesterday and the same Total Sy 2018 is now in that and running perfectly. After checking out everything on the old laptop I am convinced now that the whole windows is somehow corrupted. I will take it with me to visit sons family in November and leave it with him to fix and use.

elbmek, Aug 31, 2017
  6. If you have backups of your data you should be able to repair yourself. Have at look at this tutorial.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Don't let me push you into anything. The repair process fixes a lot of evils.

On AV. I read quite a few Google threads that said AV could interfere. I would think the big brand AV companies would fix very quickly if one somehow caused such an event. Might be worth disabling and trying.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 31, 2017
  7. elbmek Win User
    there is no data worth saving, the windows in place repair system refuses to install. There are no AV in as Kaspersky was removed and a couple of minor things too, nothing else, and nothing to save. I even tried a fresh, take it all out, installation, again - no go. the stupid thing is it does actually boot up. Been busy adding all my laptop stuff into new lenovo 50-50 hybrid. But once sorted will attack the Asus again. all upgrades went into new laptop perfectly, no hassle.

elbmek, Aug 31, 2017
  8. Update KB 4034674 Refuses to load

Your right, it is messed up if setup from the repair / upgrade process won't work.

If you decide to try a clean install there is a huge amount of experience within the forum to help.

Caledon Ken, Sep 1, 2017
  9. elbmek Win User
    I have a basic win 10 on the laptop, nothing else, but dont know if it will screw up at sometime. Problem is, the win 10 was originally an upgrade from 8.1 and I do not have a win 10 disk to play with. I would have to pay out approx £90 or so to get a new win 10 with code.

elbmek, Sep 2, 2017
  10. Actually Windows 10 is free to you for this device. You have a digital license. You can attach this to your Microsoft id or not. MS Activation servers "fingerprinted" your device. If you didn't make major changes and you are re-installing it will just activate. If you make a major change there is an additional process.

You follow this link. Download and install the tool. Then run the tool to create a USB key. (Don't click update this PC.)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/soft...load/windows10

If you install USB key and navigate to it, then click setup to do the repair / upgrade. (Which you tried ??).

You boot from it to do a clean install.

The forums tutorial on Activation.

Activate Windows 10

The clean install.

Clean Install Windows 10

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Update KB 4034674 Refuses to load

1. Update KB 4034674 Refuses to load - Similar Threads - Update 4034674 Refuses

2. KB update not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB update not installing: I have KB not installing in my Windows 10. There are many of them I dont know how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-update-not-installing/0ccb047a-d5d9-4d2d-b0bf-87fe6bcbb687
  3. KB update not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB update not installing: I have KB not installing in my Windows 10. There are many of them I dont know how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-update-not-installing/0ccb047a-d5d9-4d2d-b0bf-87fe6bcbb687
  4. KB update not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows store refusing to load.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store refusing to load.: Hi,I have been having this problem for a while now, whenever i try and start my store through any means nothing happens. When I try and open it through the search nothing happens and i get no response from the buttons or pressing enter. None of my microsoft store apps are...
  6. Windows store refusing to load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store refusing to load.: Hi,I have been having this problem for a while now, whenever i try and start my store through any means nothing happens. When I try and open it through the search nothing happens and i get no response from the buttons or pressing enter. None of my microsoft store apps are...
  7. Windows store refusing to load.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. KB 4512941 will not update

KB 4512941 will not update: I did receive a response, however, it was pointed out that unless my computer is in an update loop or getting the blue screen of death--do not force the update. It is better to just wait for Microsoft to release a correction patch fix. I decided to do just that. Instead of...
  9. KB update

KB update: Hello --- if MS fixed/updates a patch (KB entry) will the date for the entry in the patch catalog for the patch get updated to reflect the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-update/878c9bbd-2d03-47a4-9824-d64d4b7e0fc8
  10. Windows 10 loaded the following: KB 3172985 and KB 3173428.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 loaded the following: KB 3172985 and KB 3173428.: As noted, Windows installed these two updates. Since then Edge has gone from a reasonable download speed to a crawl! I started rooting through looking for problems and came across this: Microsoft visual c++ runtime library! This program has requested to shut down in an...