Windows 10: Update KB3176493 Breaks Windows Live Mail

Discus and support Update KB3176493 Breaks Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As the title says: Update KB3176493 breaks Windows Live Mail (2012); it will not receive emails from a POP3 server, just gives a "Your POP3 server has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rob in oz, Aug 24, 2016.

1. rob in oz Win User

Update KB3176493 Breaks Windows Live Mail

As the title says: Update KB3176493 breaks Windows Live Mail (2012); it will not receive emails from a POP3 server, just gives a "Your POP3 server has not responded in 60 seconds ..." message, with error code 0x800CCC19.

Interestingly, I have a Windows 10 laptop, which did not get update KB3176493; it got KB3176495 (and I've no idea what the difference is - perhaps its for a different base version of Windows 10. No problem with Windows Live Mail on that machine after the update.

Rob

:)

rob in oz, Aug 24, 2016

2. magic jack window is OK but on post 14257 preview builds

How about finding what components in the update are causing this issue .I want to permanently prevent these parts of the
    CUMULATIVE update , not all of it. I succeeded in preventing reinstall by deleting from C:\Windows\Software Distribution\downloads , all instances of KB3176493 . See if we can live without KB3176493 .

Edward Gentile, Aug 24, 2016
  3. magic jack window is OK but on post 14257 preview builds

I also went through the MagicJack support obstacle course started with chat and went to live phone tech. Though they were interested they were stumped . After a power outage when my pc rebooted the KB3176493 and KB3176493 automatically installed
    . I wound up with MagicJack window -no contact or call history. I uninstalled the updates and MagicJack window was fine. (This is on build 10586) I am being prompted now to restart to reinstall KB3176493. I will let you know the result

Edward Gentile, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

Update KB3176493 Breaks Windows Live Mail

1. Update KB3176493 Breaks Windows Live Mail - Similar Threads - Update KB3176493 Breaks

2. Windows Live Mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Live Mail: I am running Windows Live Mail with Windows 10. When I try to send an email, it goes into Outbox. I have tried to sign in to Windows Live Mail, and it keeps rejecting my password. I have logged in to my Microsoft account and changed my password, but it keeps rejecting the new...
  3. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail: I am running windows 10 and windows live mail (I dont like the latest windows mail). On clicking on 'contacts' none now appear. they are still there as when I go to send an email my contacts come up for me to choose. Ideas anyone? Calendar works but does not respond to...
  4. windows live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows live mail: When I click on a link there is no response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-live-mail/b01da16f-a033-4766-b24c-752d59512bee
  5. Windows live mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows live mail: My Windows Live Mail display has gone crazy. Display in two or three areas are bunched up making it imposable to read. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-live-mail/8c9d6f25-4023-454c-b710-9f60a4487c09
  6. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS LIVE MAIL: I'VE JUST PURCHASED A NEW PC WHICH HAS WINDOWS 10 INSTALLED. MY OLD EMAIL WAS THROUGH WINDOWS LIVE MAIL. I HAVE YEARS WORTH OF CORRESPONDENCE STORED THERE. I'M HAPPY TO USE A MORE UP TO DATE METHOD, BUT CAN I RETRIEVE MY OLD MAIL?...
  7. Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail: We just bought another new PC. This is a HP Notebook Core i7. It's a rocket ship! We've used Windows Live Mail for years with good success. I've tried to install it from 2 or 3 different sites. It will download, but the install fails as, "not compatible with this PC." Any...
  8. windows live mail

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail: Hi I have just put windows live mail into my new laptop BUT...... it will not let me send or forward any emails, all settings are correct when I try to send or forward this appears [img] hope you can see it any help will be appreceated Regards 89463
  9. Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail: is there anywhere I can download it? Got a new computer and wanted to install but I found out it no longer is supported. Tried CNet, but it's just a link to Microsoft. Anyway, all my downloaded e-mail history (from earthlink's webmail) is in that format. I still have my...
  10. Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail: I have lost my Contacts List and Calendar in Windows 10 45892