Windows 10: Update (KB4023057) making my computer non responsive.

Discus and support Update (KB4023057) making my computer non responsive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, For the past couple of weeks now I have a problem with the above-mentioned update. It installs and my computer begins to run slow>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by darkanimeangel, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Update (KB4023057) making my computer non responsive.

Hello,

For the past couple of weeks now I have a problem with the above-mentioned update. It installs and my computer begins to run slow> nonrespensive>freezes. I can find and remove this "update" in "add and remove programs" and after I uninstall it my computer immediately begins running fine again so I know my issue has to do with this update. I have had to "restore" my laptop twice now because of the aforementioned freezing in order to completely remove the update if I do not catch it in time to remove it manually. After the update installs my computer freezes (i.e explorer is nonresponsive) so I do a forced restart and it takes a good 5-10min then my computer goes from slow to freezing again after a couple of minutes hence the "restore" through safe mode. I tried turning windows update off (yes, I know windows need to update, NOT the point) thinking Microsoft would "fix" the update and I could install it at a later time after they did. HOWEVER, frustratingly windows update turns its self back on after I turn it off through "services" and I end up with this same problem again. I DID...try running the windows update troubleshooter it did not work. Told me the "update files may be corrupt" and I should redownload them it tried and failed. Then when I went to look at what updates there where 3-4 of them all had some kind of error either "download error or install error" etc... So I feel like I am back where I started. I was going to try downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7 however since windows 10 came on this computer I can not find a way to do that other than buying a copy of windows 7. Kind of a new problem so not sure what to do normally as I memory in the past windows had an update/patch for issues with update etc...It has been long enough and I have googled this problem a few time and am not able to find a clear solution. Any help is much appreciated!

I have an HP "power station" with windows 10 64bit (home)

Intel processor and Nvidia graphics

(Not your run of the mill laptop in other words)

:)

darkanimeangel, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Kb4023057

This update seems unusual in that it has only been seen in a few select regions. It is not listed in the Windows 10 update history, but there is a KB article for it in all languages...

EN-US https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...lity-kb4023057

HE-IL https://support.microsoft.com/he-il/...lity-kb4023057

• The key information there seems to be "Only certain builds of Windows 10 version 1507 and Windows 10 version 1511 require this update".

Bree, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Motim Win User
    Kb4023057

Hello,
    Recently ran CCleaner, in the installed programs found (strange) KB4023057, it was installed unknowingly 4 days ago. Made a search in microsoft updates catalog, it is a "not found" item.
    It is not listed in the installed updates list, shell I uninstall it ?
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Motim, Aug 8, 2018
  4. 24 214 Win User

Update (KB4023057) making my computer non responsive.

non responsive

my page keeps freezing and says non responsive ,need suggestions what to do

24 214, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Update (KB4023057) making my computer non responsive.

1. Update (KB4023057) making my computer non responsive. - Similar Threads - Update KB4023057 making

2. Constant crashes/non-responsiveness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant crashes/non-responsiveness: Windows 11 has been crashing/being non respondent usually after using any browser specially any videos but other times just with minor multitasking. I've tried updating drivers for everything AMD chipset, graphics card, etc These are the most common errors I get on the event...
  3. Taskbar non-responsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  4. Taskbar non-responsive.

Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  5. Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard

Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC v1809 on a touchscreen PC.This PC came with a piece of equipment my company purchased, and when it was installed, the touchscreen keyboard worked fine; it popped up when you entered a text input field, or when you pressed the button...
  6. Update KB4023057

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB4023057: This update happened but is not on the main list of updates. Has stopped my ability to roll back this update and also made my back up USB read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-kb4023057/b8957483-4925-497c-b94e-73b0c5a1bd1d
  7. Slow or non responsive computer

Slow or non responsive computer: Click on a link and nothing happens. App like Scatter hold up poker doesn't boot, or very slowly boots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-or-non-responsive-computer/a61738d5-2bac-4f66-b097-8a079a42e49d
  8. Update KB4023057

Update KB4023057: This update keeps installing itself into my programs and features. When it is installed I get a system crash at least once a day with blue error screen. It will tell me to check the stopcode for Memory management. So long as I uninstall this from programs and features. I...
  9. Once again a Windows 10 update (KB4023057) makes my computer useless...

Once again a Windows 10 update (KB4023057) makes my computer useless...: I am unable to use my computer for work again because Microsoft has forced another update on me. This time KB4023057 has slowed my computer so bad that everything just freezes. Restarting takes forever and nothing will work. Any suggestions other than not using Windows 10...
  10. Edge non-responsive after Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge non-responsive after Creators Update: Edge is unresponsive after the Creators Update (opens to blank page, Home button won't work and can't even type anything in address bar). Most hamburger menu items on right work except New Window and Zoom and extensions lost. All previous settings like Home page, Save...
Tags: