Windows 10: Update Loop

Discus and support Update Loop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I appear to be trapped in a Windows update loop where updates are downloaded and then applied. But the update fails with the following:100% complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by grandpavic, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Update Loop

I appear to be trapped in a Windows update loop where updates are downloaded and then applied. But the update fails with the following:100% complete

We couldn't complete the updates

Undoing the changes

Don't turn off your computer
    There must be a fix for this problem

Here is some additional info:

Package KB3194496 failed to be changed to the Installed state. Status: 0x800f0922

:)

grandpavic, Oct 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 Updates Stuck on 1607 Build.

Windows system will not take updates past 1607, it was update looping, and we have deleted to old update files. This stopped the updating loop, but now it will not do the standalone updater. Then you run the update assistant it runs the process and then
    reverts just like it would when it was looping.

William-nnerd.com, Oct 5, 2016
  3. TimAckard Win User
    3147458 would not update

I did what you suggested. Update got to 36%, looped back, got to 36% again , looped back, got to 59%, looped back, got to 59%, looped back and said it couldn't do the update and looped back 3 times to undo the updates. Back to where I started. Feeling
    frustrated. Last month's update did not go on my desktop but after many tries it went on my laptop. This month's update has already been done on the laptop to the good. Why has Microsoft issued such a mistaken update?

TimAckard, Oct 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Update Loop

dalchina, Oct 5, 2016
  5. The MS fix worked. Thank you.

grandpavic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Update Loop

1. Update Loop - Similar Threads - Update Loop

2. When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.: I am having an issue with my new laptop with windows 11 22h2 it doesn't install new updates and when I restart the laptop it says updates are underway and without any persentage it suddenly restarts when my laptop logo shows up the loading lags and goes to bsod and restarts...
  3. When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.: I am having an issue with my new laptop with windows 11 22h2 it doesn't install new updates and when I restart the laptop it says updates are underway and without any persentage it suddenly restarts when my laptop logo shows up the loading lags and goes to bsod and restarts...
  4. My computer has windows 10 and tried to update to windows 11 and is stuck in a loop. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has windows 10 and tried to update to windows 11 and is stuck in a loop. I...: Hello. I have Microsoft Windows version 10. On Wednesday, my computer started to update to 11 and has stayed stuck in a loop. I was able to get into safe mode but cannot access the Internet or make any adjustments from this platform. How do I resolve this issue?...
  5. My computer has windows 10 and tried to update to windows 11 and is stuck in a loop. I...

My computer has windows 10 and tried to update to windows 11 and is stuck in a loop. I...: Hello. I have Microsoft Windows version 10. On Wednesday, my computer started to update to 11 and has stayed stuck in a loop. I was able to get into safe mode but cannot access the Internet or make any adjustments from this platform. How do I resolve this issue?...
  6. My computer has windows 10 and tried to update to windows 11 and is stuck in a loop. I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Stuck in a loop where my laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating, cannot start...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in a loop where my laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating, cannot start...: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...
  8. Windows 11 - Stuck in continuous loop of "Updates are underway Please keep your computer on"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Stuck in continuous loop of "Updates are underway Please keep your computer on": How do stop Windows 11 update and get back into my PC? Just ran Win11 update and Windows 11 is stuck in continuous loop of "Updates are underway.0...
  9. Windows 11 - Stuck in continuous loop of "Updates are underway Please keep your computer on"

Windows 11 - Stuck in continuous loop of "Updates are underway Please keep your computer on": How do stop Windows 11 update and get back into my PC? Just ran Win11 update and Windows 11 is stuck in continuous loop of "Updates are underway.0...
  10. "To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!

"To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!: My updated 64-bit W10 Pro.'s 64-bit Edge v122.0.2365.80 won't upgrade to v123. Everytime I restart Edge from the update, it quickly say the same thing at edge://settings/help screen. I rebooted W10 too.What's wrong? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :...