Windows 10: Update Loop

Discus and support Update Loop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I appear to be trapped in a Windows update loop where updates are downloaded and then applied. But the update fails with the following:100% complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by grandpavic, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Update Loop

I appear to be trapped in a Windows update loop where updates are downloaded and then applied. But the update fails with the following:100% complete

We couldn't complete the updates

Undoing the changes

Don't turn off your computer
    There must be a fix for this problem

Here is some additional info:

Package KB3194496 failed to be changed to the Installed state. Status: 0x800f0922

:)

grandpavic, Oct 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 Updates Stuck on 1607 Build.

Windows system will not take updates past 1607, it was update looping, and we have deleted to old update files. This stopped the updating loop, but now it will not do the standalone updater. Then you run the update assistant it runs the process and then
    reverts just like it would when it was looping.

William-nnerd.com, Oct 5, 2016
  3. TimAckard Win User
    3147458 would not update

I did what you suggested. Update got to 36%, looped back, got to 36% again , looped back, got to 59%, looped back, got to 59%, looped back and said it couldn't do the update and looped back 3 times to undo the updates. Back to where I started. Feeling
    frustrated. Last month's update did not go on my desktop but after many tries it went on my laptop. This month's update has already been done on the laptop to the good. Why has Microsoft issued such a mistaken update?

TimAckard, Oct 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Update Loop

dalchina, Oct 5, 2016
  5. The MS fix worked. Thank you.

grandpavic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Update Loop

1. Update Loop - Similar Threads - Update Loop

2. Restart loop after update today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart loop after update today: I cant get it to restart in safe mode. I cant access winRe. Computer starts to boot and gets to th point where it says trying to restore previous, as in the update failef, but then the reboot restarts. I have tried for hours to resolve this but F8 does not work. Turning...
  3. Stuck in Windows 10 update loop that started on 11/17/19

Stuck in Windows 10 update loop that started on 11/17/19: After several error messages saying "Windows could not be updated successfully, please restart your computer and update again" (or something like that), the computer has been stuck in the update loop for over 24 hours now. I have tried at least 12 different ways to enter...
  4. Windows checking for updates stuck in a loop.

Windows checking for updates stuck in a loop.: I've been trying to update to the newest version of windows(version 1903). Whenever I click check for updates it loads for a couple of seconds and then it shows the same red text that said there are pending updates. I checked the update history and the last few times it tried...
  5. Lenovo ThinkPad x1 Carbon Gen 7 Boot-up Repair Loop After Windows Updates

Lenovo ThinkPad x1 Carbon Gen 7 Boot-up Repair Loop After Windows Updates: Hello, We have 12 brand new Lenovo ThinkPad x1 Carbons which we deployed in the field. They're running Win 10 x64 and are domain PCs. We have been encountering a major issue where following a Windows update and reboot, 6 out of those 12 X1's have entered into a boot-up...
  6. Blue Screen after Update and Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after Update and Automatic Repair loop: We are running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15. Not my computer but it is my husbands. I have no idea of harddrive or processor due to the computer being inaccessible at this time. After a Windows automatic update, we are getting a blue screen and enter into the Automatic...
  7. After update, stuck in undoing last update loop and cannot launch in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After update, stuck in undoing last update loop and cannot launch in safe mode: Hello, I recently had a windows update and it needed to restart, I restarted and went to dinner. When I got back from dinner, I am stuck in a undoing last update loop and am unable to launch in safe mode. How am I able to fix this? This is my only PC so I am pretty limited...
  8. Automatic Repair in loop after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Repair in loop after updating windows 10: After updating Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion there was no wifi and now every time I hit Power button it says ' Preparing Automatic Repair' and then shows 'Diagnosing your PC' and then displays blue screen saying Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC. Press "Advanced...
  9. Windows Computer Stuck in Boot loop after trying to rollback update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Computer Stuck in Boot loop after trying to rollback update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GunnyTyler [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds9ohd/windows_computer_stuck_in_boot_loop_after_trying/
  10. Windows 10 update from Version 1709 to Version 1903 resulting in looping BSOD could be...

Windows 10 update from Version 1709 to Version 1903 resulting in looping BSOD could be...: A link to my One Drive minidumps and system specs is https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsDonPWtSeJQ2wZD_0hoO-EibV-3?e=wH9ddW I've tried to boot into safe mode, it will only do so with minimal and reverts to BSOD when network is selected. I've updated the graphics driver Intel HD 630, to...