Windows 10: Update many PCs in the same time ?

Discus and support Update many PCs in the same time ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have many pc working with Windows 10, is there a way to download the updates just for one computer than share it ? 73877 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JackK, Jan 1, 2017.

1. JackK Win User

Update many PCs in the same time ?

I have many pc working with Windows 10, is there a way to download the updates just for one computer than share it ?

:)

JackK, Jan 1, 2017

2. How many PC's can use the same Microsoft account?

Just got little 8.95 HD Quad-Core 32GB Tablet with Win 10. This tablet says my Microsoft account doesn't exist. Even after several attempts. The last attempt said this account has had too many attempts and it will be locked. I am writing this note on my
    PC that is definitely signed into my Microsoft account. Please help.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in

FultonCook, Jan 1, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How many PC's can use the same Microsoft account?

Your Microsoft Account can be thought of as a website personalized for your needs. Like any other website, it can be accessed by any computer connected to the internet an unlimited number of times.

BulldogXX, Jan 1, 2017
  4. pparks1 Win User

See if you can find a utility called portable update. That might work for you

pparks1, Jan 1, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    This is a superb built in feature of windows 10. Settings, recovery, windows update, advanced options, choose how updates are delivered. set to on and choose pcs on local network.

Then turn on fastest pc, get the updates, and once updated, leave pc on and turn on other pcs, and they will get updates from first pc. Obviously all pcs have to be same bit type eg 64bit.

cereberus, Jan 2, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    No need - updating other pc from one pc is a built in feature of windows 10.

cereberus, Jan 2, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Does anyone have any proof it is actually working in ver 1607? My computers on my home network still seem to all be pulling updates from the internet despite the fact that I have one computer powered on and connected 24/7 with the same version and edition of Windows 10 on my network that the other computers should be pulling updates from.

NavyLCDR, Jan 2, 2017
  8. JackK Win User

the same here , I created a home group but it seems didn't work as well

JackK, Jan 2, 2017
  9. clam1952 Win User
    From where I'm sitting it doesn't appear to do anything either with Home Group or normal networking.

Thought, maybe it only works if signed in with a Microsoft account?

clam1952, Jan 2, 2017
  10. EdTittel Win User
    Nope: I've got all of my test PCs in the same homegroup and I've never been able to get the PCs to update locally, not even on recent Insider builds. Seems like "smoke'n'mirrors" to me at this point. {Added: And yes, every machine is logged into the same MS ID-based account.)
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 3, 2017
  11. JackK Win User
    So its just a joke or what ? lol [/quote] L: My Computer
    Update many PCs in the same time ? [​IMG]
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... OS: Windows 10

[*]
    EdTittel Senior Member Posts : 2,321 Windows 10 New[/b] 05 Jan 2017 #10

JackK, Jan 5, 2017
  12. EdTittel Win User
    It's supposed to be implemented some time before the Creator's Update appears in April of this year. Hasn't materialized yet, but is coming "real soon now," to parrot Larry Niven's famous phrase of unfulfilled promises.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 5, 2017
  13. DavidY Win User

That's my understanding too. There was a blog post with one of the Insider versions around September-ish (? I think?) which said the feature to get updates from other local computers had been enabled for the first time in that Insider build. I don't think it's made it to the non-Insider builds yet.

Meanwhile, the OP could manually download the relevant Cumulative Update KBxxxxxx from the Microsoft Update Catalog and then apply the update on individual machines. I'm not sure if this will save bandwidth unless you have a lot of computers, as you'd be downloading the whole cumulative update with all patches back to the main release, when I think that Windows Update, left to its own devices, will just download the specific bits which computer needs.

But it does give some control over the process.

Of course there are other updates too, but the Cumulative Updates will cover most of the crucial and time-consuming stuff, and Windows Update will probably cover the rest fairly quickly.

Edit: I found the blog post I was thinking of:
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14915 for PC and Mobile - Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog

It looks like my memory wasn't quite correct - it does suggest that Windows 10 should have been downloading updates across the local network since the '1511' version, although obviously that doesn't chime with the experience of folks here.

DavidY, Jan 5, 2017
  14. cereberus Win User
    Well I certainly had it working splendidly with 10586 but I gave away my older laptop, and my spare one failed so I cannot test it on 1607. For info, I never used home groups, MS accounts, or messed with any settings - it just worked.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Update many PCs in the same time ? - Similar Threads - Update many PCs

2. update failed KB5031356 many times

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update failed KB5031356 many times: Hi I have windows 10 and have tried this update many times and it failed..I have done the Known Issue Rollback KIR”and it still failed..is there a patch to resolve this?thank you!...
  3. Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.: Hi, Very simple question I have a PC which is a 3 year old PC as a “hand me down” scenario. The old account from the previous user who is a family member is still on the computer and did not remove it before giving it to me. I don’t use this one as I use my own. When using...
  4. Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.: Hi, Very simple question I have a PC which is a 3 year old PC as a “hand me down” scenario. The old account from the previous user who is a family member is still on the computer and did not remove it before giving it to me. I don’t use this one as I use my own. When using...
  5. 2 games on 2 pcs at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 games on 2 pcs at the same time: I have one Microsoft account, can my son play Minecrat on pc at the same time my other son plays call of duty on a different pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-games-on-2-pcs-at-the-same-time/d64e1846-ca66-4756-9f55-7eb3e2b4cf1a
  6. Failed update many times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed update many times: Update 2020-2021 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1909 for x64 based systems KB452876027 Last failed install attempt on ‎1/‎26/‎2020 - 0x80070003 . What's the reason I need to fix it...
  7. The driver is updated many times

The driver is updated many times: I don't understand why the recent updates of my windows have updated drivers called Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70. It does not only update once, but it is so repeated after the update is complete. Can someone help me? This problem makes me very...
  8. How many PCs, all signed in with the same MS ID, can share a OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How many PCs, all signed in with the same MS ID, can share a OneDrive?: I have a situation where I'll have 10 Win10 PCs that are shared by 70 users at various times. If I have them all logged in using the same outlook.com ID, Can they all share files through OneDrive? I'm not worried about the 5GB limit - space wont be an issue, the files are...
  9. Usings Win10 and MS on 3 different personal PCS same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usings Win10 and MS on 3 different personal PCS same time: Hi....I am in Costa Rica but coming back for a bit where all of my problems will go away I bet. 3 computers....new Surface Pro, Dell Latptop - Inspirion 14 via mexico! - a Samsung Galaxy 9S and local LG 8 phone. They are not syncing across device and defiinately NOT ACROSS...
  10. How many times is same KB update rolled out?

How many times is same KB update rolled out?: [ATTACH] I am talking about KB4476976 here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-times-is-same-kb-update-rolled-out/cf6d4252-43fe-41e1-9883-aed3b2679c46