Windows 10: Update om 11/24: trouble booting, using 100% disk

Discus and support Update om 11/24: trouble booting, using 100% disk in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The overnight update to our laptop took about 10 minutes to boot and login. Then spent many minutes updating security settings. Now after about 10 more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nvaneck, Nov 24, 2015.

1. nvaneck Win User

Update om 11/24: trouble booting, using 100% disk

The overnight update to our laptop took about 10 minutes to boot and login. Then spent many minutes updating security settings. Now after about 10 more minutes, it seems to be up but is useless due to, I think, 100% disk usage, although I can't see anything using much, and no apps running.

Not sure how to get it healthy, as any response to a request takes about 5 minutes.

Pretty much useless; anyone else have this problem?

:)

nvaneck, Nov 24, 2015
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - very high and constant CPU usage by Windows Explorer

take a look at this article:

2017 11 24- 6 WAYS TO FIX WINDOWS 10 HIGH CPU USAGE AFTER CREATORS UPDATE – 100% DISK 100% CPU

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/windows...

When I encounter this sort of problem (in FireFox) I find that using task manager to kill the program and then restarting it normally will often break the runnaway processes.

Rohn007, Nov 24, 2015
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    DCOM Process Server using 99% CPU

Here are some more possible fixes for the problem

WIN10 100% DISK USAGE PROBLEM

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-10-100-pe...

<snip>

In the Task Manager, under Performance tab, the disk utilization reaches to 100% due to which system became lagging and unresponsive. It started freezing in few moments and this keeps happening until disk usage reduces from 100%.

Control panel > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > Processor Power Management > Maximum Processor state.

Also, once I start Chrome 64, it uses lots of cpu and ram to do absolutely nothing.

</snip>

2017 11 24- 6 WAYS TO FIX WINDOWS 10 HIGH CPU USAGE AFTER CREATORS UPDATE – 100% DISK 100% CPU

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/windows...

Rohn007, Nov 24, 2015
Thema:

Update om 11/24: trouble booting, using 100% disk

1. Update om 11/24: trouble booting, using 100% disk - Similar Threads - Update trouble booting

2. 100% disk usage and slow boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage and slow boot: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron laptop for about three and a half years and in recent months its boot is slow and in the first minutes, it uses 100% of the disk. It has some heavy programs like Visual Studio, Android Studio and more on it, but it's not always been like that. I...
  3. Disk using 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk using 100%: Even if I have turned off all of my all my auto starting setting my problem is not solving. And also all the media players are not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-using-100/a241c040-e8e6-45f5-8e14-d47cae77789b
  4. Disk 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk 100%: Disk started showing 100 percent in task manager today when laptop was laggy and driving me nuts. Have tried literally every fix I can find and nothing worked. 122376
  5. "System" Service Using 100% disk

"System" Service Using 100% disk: About 2 Days ago i Turned on My PC to Do some Light 3D modeling in blender but when i attempted to activate the password prompt bar it took about 5 minutes longer than the normal instant after that it took about 12 minutes for windows to graphically show up and even than it...
  6. Slow Boot, Disk 100%

Slow Boot, Disk 100%: I installed Windows 10 pro yesterday on my brand new laptop (Acer E5 576G). After using it for several hours I realized that sometime Disk on task bar goes uptup 100% and laptop becomes a little bit sluggish (Highest disk usage service was superfetch - don't know whether it's...
  7. 100% Disk?

100% Disk?: I have a relatively new Acer Aspire3 Laptop and am having a problem with its speed going SO SLOW TO DO ANYTHING. I opened my task manager and noted that I'm using 100% Disk space (on what I have no clue). With a quick google search, I noted that this is a pretty common...
  8. windows consistency use disk 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows consistency use disk 100%: This is the second week and My computer still show the disk presentage at 100% pc stuck when i open two chrome tabs or two multiple applications . and its really irritating . im thinking moving to better ubuntu or a debian platform . Windows will show 3-2 updates for every...
  9. 100% Disk

100% Disk: My computer starts out fine, but ram usage starts climbing as I use it and after some time it hits 90% or so and then the disk usage sky rockets to 100%. I've had this problem before but none of the solutions I've tried in the past work anymore. I've disabled windows search,...
  10. Slow Boots & 100% Disk Usage, But Nothing Really Using It

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Boots & 100% Disk Usage, But Nothing Really Using It: Anytime I launch a program or try to do anything, my laptop's disk usage jumps to 100% and everything goes super slow (including the boot process)... I've done a lot of troubleshooting including: - Installed all Windows Updates - Updated the drivers - Ran a full virus...