Windows 10: Update on Facebook App Review

Discus and support Update on Facebook App Review in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Back in May, we announced that all apps using the Facebook Platform APIs would need to go through a more comprehensive review to better protect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Update on Facebook App Review

Source: An Update on Facebook App Review | Facebook Newsroom

:)

Brink, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Windows SDK for Facebook

Source: Windows SDK for Facebook | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Facebook App Developer any one?

Hi,

I've created one facebook that APP that generates an Image and list downs the friends on it. It is working fine except "tagging" the friends.

I tried using both the Legacy Rest API and Graph API, it doesn't works

If anyone of you have recently used tagging feature then please help me out.

I can't seem to findout any solution. (Doing the code part right I think)

Thanks!

smartali89, Aug 1, 2018
  4. srino Win User

Facebook app developed by Facebook crashes...

I wish I could say everything works but the Facebook app still crashes at startup. I don't think it's possible to get past the differences in the RAM requirements for this app. Still open to suggestions but I think this is all on Facebook.

UPDATE: Evidently FB did an update to the app and it doesn't seem to crash as much, though it still does...and often.

FINAL UPDATE: There is no fix for this issue. At least according to Facebook. In the Microsoft App Store, Facebook's app has (at least for my phone) a note:

"This app needs hardware your device doesn't have, hindering app performance. Rating and reviewing is turned off."

And it is. So Facebook has washed its hands of anyone with this issue. Thanks, Facebook!

srino, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Update on Facebook App Review - Similar Threads - Update Facebook App

2. Unable to leave app review

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to leave app review: I'm reading this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-write-a-review-of-an-app/ea09e327-cb83-4364-b65b-c9923a994605 and it's not explaining things that well.1. I ran wsreset just in case the store was having cache issues, I uninstalled the...
  3. Update a review

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Update a review: I want to update a review I left in Microsoft store. No update function is available. Why are you punishing developers and users like this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-a-review/9d30ae70-184d-4901-b625-403c2dbe6d2c
  4. Facebook APP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook APP: WHY would you stop supporting this APP on Windows10??? Poor decision. NOT happy! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-app/7790bb2b-37c5-485b-a0e5-c466bab256d2
  5. Facebook APP

Facebook APP: hi i have a problem i have install Facebook in my desktop when i try to go to the group part it wont load i try to reset and uninstall the application but nothing change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-app/8aab7373-bd80-4adf-b528-d8e999f02cf8
  6. Microsoft Store - app review

Microsoft Store - app review: My friends posted a rating and a review for a certain app in Microsoft Store. But this review is not visible to community? Any idea what is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-review/4c180cb6-047f-456c-8fb1-c0232f7d1e96
  7. Unable to update review on Microsoft store apps

Unable to update review on Microsoft store apps: Hi i rated and reviewed for 2 apps in microsoft store , scorpio player and spreadsheet light after that the developer answered and replyed my review now i want to back to store and update my review but the UPDATE section disappear and dont exist where is the problem...
  8. Store App, Facebook app, and Facebook Messenger app are all unresponsive

Store App, Facebook app, and Facebook Messenger app are all unresponsive: The apps in the subject line don't open. They're on the screen, but suddenly aren't. I forgot the word for it... but CAN try demonstrating what I mean via photos (attached). [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I hope you understand what I mean. If you need further clarification, I'd...
  9. BSOD while typing a review, downloading torrents, facebook etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while typing a review, downloading torrents, facebook etc: I've had the title happening since last night, and I think its related to the replacement mini PCI-E wifi card I installed last night, but then again there was a dmp at 8 am yesterday also, but was still doing the same just normal browsing. I think I was watching some...
  10. problems with facebook app update

problems with facebook app update: Anyone having issues with the facebook app update, checked this morning and app update is offered in store. It downloads, and completes but the update keeps getting offered again, over and over. Downloads, completes each time fine. Weird behaviour. Launching the app and it...