Windows 10: Update Question

Discus and support Update Question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was just wondering why my computer only lists five updates in the update history?? One of them is for the GPU that failed to install. Thank you for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Phantom Flower, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Update Question

I was just wondering why my computer only lists five updates in the update history?? One of them is for the GPU that failed to install. Thank you for your time.

:)

Phantom Flower, Mar 10, 2017

2. Windows 10 retail license key

I've been looking into possibly getting Windows 10. I found retail license keys being sold on eBay for extremely cheap (under $15). It
    seems like there would have to be some issue with these. However, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I've been doing some research. If I understand correctly, if it's retail then it cannot be OEM. Also, if it's retail, I understand it cannot be
    a volume license key. From what I understand, it cannot be MSDN, either. If it were simply pirated, then I don't see how it could be activated as they claim it can be. What am I missing? FWIW, it comes from Europe, but claims to be valid worldwide.

(Not linking to the eBay sale as I don't want to "promote" it if there is an issue with it. But what can you suggest to me based on the little info available?)

Edit: A possibility... could it potentially be resold to other parties and activated by them, but then if I reinstall (when enough activations have been done), I will be unable to reactivate again?

(Question), Mar 10, 2017
  3. ipv6 network loss( keeps disconnecting and when i repair says network protocal missing

ipv6 network loss( keeps disconnecting and when i repair says network protocol missing, but under property's it shows ipv 6 checked

Perfect Question, Mar 10, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Update Question

How long has Windows 10 been running on this PC? Cumulative updates are issued monthly, the most recent being January 10, 2017 - KB3213986 (OS Build 14393.693). Four cumulative updates installed through Windows Update would be consistent with a system that was first booted around mid-October 2016. Two CUs and two Malicious software removal tools would place it about mid-December.

Note that restoring a system image or reinstalling Windows, either by a reset or an in-place repair install will clear the update history.

5. It would be sometime in December I believe, so this would make sense. Thank you for your answer.

Phantom Flower, Mar 11, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    You're welcome.

If you click the 'learn more' link in 'Settings > Update & security' it opens a web page listing the cumulative updates and their dates (note that some are only for mobiles, and a couple of the most recent were only for manual downloading). There's usually a malicious software removal tool issued at the same time as the CUs. The next update is expected to be issued this coming Tuesday.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Update Question

1. Update Question - Similar Threads - Update Question

2. Question about Windows Driver System Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about Windows Driver System Update: Hi so every few minutes my antivirus system, AVG, goes off with this message: http://prntscr.com/pv3ida I followed the folder path and it led me to this http://prntscr.com/pv3ihw Should I attempt to delete these files or make an exception in AVG? AVG's deep virus scan did...
  3. Windows 10 update (metered) question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update (metered) question: Going on a cruise soon with a wifi package that I don't want chewed up with frigging Microsoft updates. I recently turned on metering for my home wifi connection and have only been connected via wifi. Still in the last day the frigging computer updated 5.61 gb of updates!?!...
  4. on the new update i cant get cortana to learn how i say hey cortana[the six questions]

in Cortana
    on the new update i cant get cortana to learn how i say hey cortana[the six questions]: so I cant get cortana to learn my voice because since I got the update the blue thing get cortana to learn your voice isn't there and I need cortanna on my pc...
  5. Servicing Stack Update Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Servicing Stack Update Question: Hello. I am working with a brand new PC with Windows 10 version 1903. I have not done any Windows Updates yet. I know that a Servicing Stack update is required - KB4521863. Since I have not done any updates yet, will this Servicing Stack update automatically update …...
  6. Updating But Staying With Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.847) Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating But Staying With Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.847) Question: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...ch.aspx?q=1709 My Win 10 Version Pro according to winver is Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.847)For this bootable partition I want to stay with 1709 but it has had no security updates or any updates for that matter for about a year now....
  7. Updating But Staying With Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.847) Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating But Staying With Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.847) Question: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...ch.aspx?q=1709 My Win 10 Version Pro according to winver is Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.847)For this bootable partition I want to stay with 1709 but it has had no security updates or any updates for that matter for about a year now....
  8. Question about the 1903 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about the 1903 update.: I've tried numerous times to get the 1903 update, but no such luck and I'm ok with it. What I want to know is, will it be automatically installed eventually or do I have to keep fighting with it to work right? Also, my Mom got a new PC a few months ago & when I go to the...
  9. 2nd question regarding last update that messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd question regarding last update that messed up my computer: On 8/4/19, my PC uploaded 3 updates that all had to do with my on screen keyboard. Siince that time my commputer has been typppiing douuble (uncorrected) . So I wrote to you and did as you said but it did not work. I see the culprit on event viewer as a "keyboard update" on...
  10. Blank screen after windows 10 update version 1903 but then "miracle" hard boot - have questions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen after windows 10 update version 1903 but then "miracle" hard boot - have questions: So, this morning, I did the Windows 10 update Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903. I have a Dell Studio with 2 terabytes and most of that is free space. It took about 2 hours to update (glad I didn't have any work to do this morning!). After it reached 100% and...