Windows 10: Update report 1803 installed

Discus and support Update report 1803 installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed 1803 and then rolled back, now when I want to upgrade to 1803, "System > Update" reports that it is already installed when it is not, still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rdwray, Aug 21, 2018.

1. rdwray Win User

Update report 1803 installed

I installed 1803 and then rolled back, now when I want to upgrade to 1803, "System > Update" reports that it is already installed when it is not, still running 1709; "Update Assistant" is doing the same.

:)

rdwray, Aug 21, 2018
  2. kastriot Win User

Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

Windows 10 1803 update issues(Solved!)

kastriot, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

Check system event logs around the time frames of failures. See what the Windows Update services post for issues.

The suggestions above about free space and running SFC are solid and should be followed. DISM might not be a bad idea to follow up with, its a bit longer and more powerful command for checking the system image. But let's see what happens next.

I'm at a 100% success rate for 1803 installs completing, that includes 4 laptops, 3 towers, and 1 virtual machine, just at home, work adds a lot more to that. It does take a while to install as @jboydgolfer pointed out and it may reset your add on/in audio device driver or software link (eq, 3d, etc). That's the only issue I've seen this far post-install, I was able to easily fix it...but it seems Creative users aren't as lucky ATM.

Let's check those logs, see if you can found 0x and EventID codes in reported events that align with the issue so we can fix them.

Another option is the in-place upgrade, download the current Windows 10 installation media and setup a bootable DVD or USB, from within Windows run the installer and choose upgrade. This effectively reinstalls Windows without screwing with your profiles, programs or settings (or at least most of them). There's a Windows 10 refresh (not reset) you can do that's similar but does remove some settings. But if you can't boot to the desktop environment its a good option.

I would say make that what you do if we can't pinpoint the issue. As that method takes a while too...depending on system speed it can take up to an hour.

So hopefully that being said, we can get you sorted and updated one way or another!

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Update report 1803 installed - Similar Threads - Update report 1803

2. Windows update 1803 will not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 1803 will not install: When the download of Windows 10 v1803 update is completed, Windows restarts to install update. But, after the system restart, the system stuck at the Windows Logo and the only method to get the PC back, is to force shutdown the machine using the Power switch. Have tried...
  3. 1803 Update

1803 Update: How do I do the 1803Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1803-update/5cbb514f-d6ab-416b-9f92-3c07b64c56b9
  4. cant install update of 1803

cant install update of 1803: Sir I cant install the updates of v1803 and I am on the v1507. I have downloaded all the updates but my pc always says that checking for updates. Plz hep!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-update-of-1803/1a3f6e9d-e23a-40b6-bae5-4abbaa137622
  5. Windows Update 1803 Keeps Installing

Windows Update 1803 Keeps Installing: Just what the subjects says, I let it install yesterday and then restarted as per the instructions (without fast start on), for some reason it is now reinstalling it. I'm not sure what is going on because yesterday there was no failure or error to install....
  6. Update 1803 installs twice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update 1803 installs twice: When I do an upgrade to Win10, I delay setting up the network. Then I go to System, plug in the ethernet cable, click on Activate, and as soon as Win10 is activated I pull the ethernet cable. That routine is because I have a local copy of update 1893, all 772MB of it, that I...
  7. Update 1803 installs twice

Update 1803 installs twice: When I do an upgrade to Win10, I delay setting up the network. Then I go to System, plug in the ethernet cable, click on Activate, and as soon as Win10 is activated I pull the ethernet cable. That routine is because I have a local copy of update 1893, all 772MB of it, that I...
  8. 1803 update not installing

1803 update not installing: I've recently had some graphic card problems and i figured i should really update windows. I've turned off updates since march because they fail every time. I decided to give it another go and there was a bunch to be installed. A bunch for 1607 and 1803 itself. After i...
  9. Update 1803 won't install

Update 1803 won't install: I've been trying to install this update several times but always the same happens. After it gets downloaded and installed from windows update i'm asked to reboot my computer. Everything goes fine throughout the "shutting down" process, I get the message saying that windows is...
  10. Install Feature Update 1803

Install Feature Update 1803: HI. I looking for some help. Specifically, exactly how do I install Feature Update 1830 which came out a month or so ago, WITHOUT using WIndows Update? I can't use Windows Update because it is clogged up with the constant failure of update KB4074588. Also, Restart is cloged...