Windows 10: Update requires deinstallion of Avira app that is not installed

Discus and support Update requires deinstallion of Avira app that is not installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 wants to install an update on my computer, but it tells me that I have to deinstall the Avira Antivir app, first. The trouble is, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nosoyunoso, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Update requires deinstallion of Avira app that is not installed

Windows 10 wants to install an update on my computer, but it tells me that I have to deinstall the Avira Antivir app, first. The trouble is, I deinstalled that app one year ago (which was quite a hazzle. I had to download an Avira deinstallation app first, and do some operations in safe mode).
    However, I do not see that app in my list, and I was sure up to now that the leech had gone, already.
    How can I either make windows notice that the app is gone, or weed out the remains of Avira?

:)

nosoyunoso, Jun 3, 2018
  2. halmo Win User

Windows 10 update problem

My computer is trying to update to 1803, but it hangs up and tells me it can't uninstall an app call Avira AntiVir. I don't have such an app in my installed programs list. I've tried a registry search and can't find any such entries. I've tried an Avira
    Uninstall tool. Nothing can remove Avira AntiVir. Any suggestions?

halmo, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Apps not installing on Windows 10

Hi Nicole,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Which Windows 10 build is installed on your system?

• Which app are you trying to install?

• What is the complete error code do you received?
    • Is this issue specific to a app or all the apps?
    Let’s try simple steps troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

At first, I suggest you to check if any Windows update is pending. (If yes, install all the Windows update).

• Type update on the Windows search bar and select Check for updates.
    • Now click on Check for updates button, it will automatically detect the Windows update if pending.
    Method 2.

I suggest you to run Windows app troubleshooter, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store. Visit the below link to run app troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Also, I suggest to update the Windows store manually.

• Open Windows store, click on your account on top right corner.
    • Select Download & updates and click on Check for Updates.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Update requires deinstallion of Avira app that is not installed

1. Update requires deinstallion of Avira app that is not installed - Similar Threads - Update requires deinstallion

2. Avira Antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avira Antivirus: How do I uninstall a program called, "Avira Antivirus"? I don't know how it got onto my computer and is preventing MS updates.Thank You,Kathy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-antivirus/cce2d2f3-740e-444e-9ff9-de978d4560ec
  3. Avira Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avira Antivirus: How do I uninstall a program called, "Avira Antivirus"? I don't know how it got onto my computer and is preventing MS updates.Thank You,Kathy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-antivirus/cce2d2f3-740e-444e-9ff9-de978d4560ec
  4. Disabling Avira

Disabling Avira: I installed Avira as a second line of defense to be called on when required. However, it is producing pop-ups, so must be currently 'active'. Autoruns shows many entries, all ticked and I am denied access to untick them. Without uninstalling it, how can I disable it till I...
  5. avira

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    avira: does anyone else have this " avira" on there computer? I dont know what it is doing but its messing up my laptop! and my screen does all kinds of weird stuff the screen ha a mind of its own.i dont know if its an update or if someone is on my laptop.can someone please help...
  6. Windows 10 Update Chokes on Avira

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Chokes on Avira: Latest Windows 10 update stalls at 25% and sends an alert that Avira is incompatible with it and must be uninstalled manually. The alert provides no location for the offending files, and a search finds no Avira files, except for a list of Avira dll files in a Total AV...
  7. Windows update & Avira Antivirus

Windows update & Avira Antivirus: Windows update is telling me I have Avira Antivirus and this needs to be manually removed. It doesnt appear in my program list however I do not ever think it has been installed. Any Ideas on what I need to do?...
  8. Avira is blocking Adobe installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Avira is blocking Adobe installation: it seems...i install adobe, all the steps...finish installation and it does not work. what should i do?can somebody help? thanks a lot. ksenija https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-is-blocking-adobe-installation/6c71bc18-f1f9-4379-af98-9cba86862bd2
  9. Avira Antivirus

Avira Antivirus: Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem - thank you Kath...
  10. Avira Anitivius

Avira Anitivius: I am needing to uninstall Avira Antivirus from my computer manually in order for my Windows to install updates. I am not able to find Avira anywhere on my computer to even do this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant update windows 10 because of avira

2. windows update cant install avira

3. windows update will not install because avira

4. windows update cant install because of avira