Windows 10: Update(s) did not install

Discus and support Update(s) did not install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My computer rebooted and I got the message that it was installing updates. However, when it finally came back online, I checked my update history and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Fred22, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Fred22 Win User

Update(s) did not install

My computer rebooted and I got the message that it was installing updates. However, when it finally came back online, I checked my update history and the message was "Update Failed To Install". There were 4, but they all said the same thing. "SECURITY UPDATE FOR INTERNET EXPLORER FLASH PLAYER". All were KB3132372. Was this only 1 update that failed 4 times or just 1 update? Can I install it manually or will it update automatically later? There was Microsoft link at the bottom of the message, but when I clicked on it, nothing happened.

:)

Fred22, Mar 13, 2016
  2. lewaz Win User

Why did not have 720T 's BLACK update

ok , 3q

lewaz, Mar 13, 2016
  3. 93tid Win User
    Why did not have 720T 's BLACK update

If they don't know, nobody else will know.

93tid, Mar 13, 2016
  4. Fred22 Win User

Since I don't ever use IE, is it even necessary to have this update? I use Firefox and have IE deactivated (or whatever it's called...tried to uninstall but got the message that I could reset so it would not be active...don't remember what it's called). I see that several people have had issues with updates failing to install and they haven't received any replies either. I did get a Windows Defender Security update today, so I assume that maybe the update failed to install because IE is not active. If I don't get a reply, I'm not going to worry about it. *Smile

Fred22, Mar 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Update(s) did not install - Similar Threads - Update did install

2. Previous windows installation(s)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Previous windows installation(s): I ran Widows disk cleanup and it found 33.7 Gb of previous Windows Installation(s) on my system. Would it be safe to delete ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-windows-installations/34d03b0c-1189-4188-89ab-b75573cc4dd0"
  3. Windows Update - download but did not install - installation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - download but did not install - installation problem: Hello, my name is George, Is usual to installation updates runs 5min. and stand at 0% all time ?! Thank you. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-download-but-did-not-install/775b175d-3fa8-472d-92b7-e04d2f94135b
  4. Why did Roblox install itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Roblox install itself?: Yesterday this new app just appeared and installed itself. It's called Roblox. I had never heard of it before, but I see it is some sort of gaming app. I don't have any games on my system and I can't imagine why it installed itself without asking for permission. I uninstalled...
  5. Why did Roblox install itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did Roblox install itself?: Yesterday this new app just appeared and installed itself. It's called Roblox. I had never heard of it before, but I see it is some sort of gaming app. I don't have any games on my system and I can't imagine why it installed itself without asking for permission. I uninstalled...
  6. Did I screw up the USER folder(s) in new 10 Clean Install

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Did I screw up the USER folder(s) in new 10 Clean Install: Did a very smooth clean install of Win 10 Pro 32 bit thanks to Brinks tutorial(s). However...may have screwed it up a bit. I backed up all user files/downloads/documents etc on the old Win 7 so I wouldn't loose anything that I needed to move to the new Win 10 install....
  7. Pcee it-s not installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pcee it-s not installed: [img] Any suggestions? 29018
  8. Delete Previous Windows Installation(s)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delete Previous Windows Installation(s): I have eliminate the Previous Windows Installation(s) for have more space on me SSD,but the problem is was show me 30GB will be free,but after the action end and finish to clean the C was only whit 10GB more....Any 1 can tell me why have give me only 10 and not 30GB ? Sorry...
  9. Did I really clean install?

Did I really clean install?: Hi, I just noticed I may have not perform a real clean installation: I created a bootable USB stick using Rufus, which wasn't detected by my BIOS, so inside Windows I simply plugged the USB stick, double-clicked on the drive under "This PC" and clicked on setup.exe that...
  10. Installing 9879 did not pick up installed software

Installing 9879 did not pick up installed software: I just installed Window 10 build 9879 on my Win 8.1 laptop. Things seemed to go well except that the programs in Program Files (X86) and Program Files in the 8.1 folders did not appear in their 9879 folders. Missing were all of Office 2010 programs as well as Quicken. The...