Windows 10: Update Selection

Discus and support Update Selection in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've read through quit a few of the auto update complaints/ problems. Some of the resolutions I understood some I didn't or I didn't understand their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by webbj, Dec 16, 2015.

1. webbj Win User

Update Selection

I've read through quit a few of the auto update complaints/ problems. Some of the resolutions I understood some I didn't or I didn't understand their realivants. So, I assumed they wouldn't fit my needs. I'm ok with the auto update with the exception of certain device driver updating such as video. Windows updates my video drivers everytime I down grade to more stable drivers. This means I have to do this everytime. I've disabled Windows updating in services but this also means I have to turn that on everytime I need to update Windows and other MS software, which in turn would once again update my video driver. I assume based on what I read, update selection before install like that found in Win 7 & 8 isn't possible with Win 10 Pro? Thanks

:)

webbj, Dec 16, 2015

2. Microsoft Update Catalog - Search, selection, and downloads needs improvement....

lacrumb,

My apologies. I meant Windows Server 2012R2.

Systems Administration, Dec 16, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Microsoft Update Catalog - Search, selection, and downloads needs improvement....

Just for my information What is Windows 2012R

To download the latest public release of Windows 10, which will be updated next week, Download the Media Creation Tool.

Media Creation Tool US; Read the instructions.

Instructions link.

Download Windows 10

Media Creation Tool GB;

Download Windows 10

lacrumb, Dec 16, 2015
  4. tracit99 Win User

Update Selection

Check my post here: Windows Update MiniTool

tracit99, Dec 16, 2015
Thema:

Update Selection

1. Update Selection - Similar Threads - Update Selection

2. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded: My message area indicated that Windows 11 upgrade was available. I selected the Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded - even after I received the successful confirmation message. I paused the install for 2 weeks but that's a temp fix and...
  3. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded: My message area indicated that Windows 11 upgrade was available. I selected the Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded - even after I received the successful confirmation message. I paused the install for 2 weeks but that's a temp fix and...
  4. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I select the same ME file to update the firmware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I select the same ME file to update the firmware?: I cannot seem to selet the right file. I upgraded my MB, RAM and cpu. The business i bought it from fixed the bios settings for me to be able to use a 13th gen cpu. But now at home I cannot get pas the advanced mode. When I want to exit it says please select the same file to...
  6. How do I select the same ME file to update the firmware?

How do I select the same ME file to update the firmware?: I cannot seem to selet the right file. I upgraded my MB, RAM and cpu. The business i bought it from fixed the bios settings for me to be able to use a 13th gen cpu. But now at home I cannot get pas the advanced mode. When I want to exit it says please select the same file to...
  7. How do I select the same ME file to update the firmware?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Persistent errors with certificate hash algorithm selection on IKEv2 VPN with updated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent errors with certificate hash algorithm selection on IKEv2 VPN with updated...: Hello, I have been dealing with VPN errors that persist across new OS installs and so seem to have to do with Windows 11 updates the PC is receiving. It is an IKEv2-only VPN with the native Windows client. Upon a new Windows 11 Pro installation from bootable media made with...
  9. Persistent errors with certificate hash algorithm selection on IKEv2 VPN with updated...

Persistent errors with certificate hash algorithm selection on IKEv2 VPN with updated...: Hello, I have been dealing with VPN errors that persist across new OS installs and so seem to have to do with Windows 11 updates the PC is receiving. It is an IKEv2-only VPN with the native Windows client. Upon a new Windows 11 Pro installation from bootable media made with...
  10. My widget icon and the selection in settings are gone after the latest Dev channel update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My widget icon and the selection in settings are gone after the latest Dev channel update: After the most recent update from the Dev Channel Update Stack Package - Version 1101.2302.18011.3, the widget icon on my taskbar disappeared. I went into Settings. Personalization, Taskbar, and "Widget' is not available selections. Any suggestions?...