Windows 10: Update Shenanigans ... Again! (Will Not Install)

Discus and support Update Shenanigans ... Again! (Will Not Install) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just ran the windows update assistant. My understanding is that if you have the latest update the tool will say "Thank You" and show no other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mrclose, Apr 5, 2018.

1. mrclose Win User

Update Shenanigans ... Again! (Will Not Install)

I just ran the windows update assistant.
    My understanding is that if you have the latest update the tool will say "Thank You" and show no other updates?

Does that only mean that the update has been successfully downloaded but not necessarily installed?

I ask because as you can see in my screenshot below that I got the "Thank You" from the assistant but my update page still shows the "awaiting restart" to install update!?

I am totally confused??

Update Shenanigans ... Again! (Will Not Install) [​IMG]

mrclose, Apr 5, 2018
  2. mrclose Win User

Windows 10 Home Desktop (x64)
    LENOVO 90BG003JUS Lenovo H50-55
    AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7
    ST2000DM001-1ER164 [Hard drive] (2000.40 GB)
    11212 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Every-time an update is rolled out I have major problems!

Haven't been able to complete an update for many months now!

The last time it took me six months of searching, posting to forums and finagling to straighten it all out!
    (The last update messed up my display settings)

This time is different but I fear .. it is going to be another six month adventure!

If you can see the following screen shots clearly then you can see that I have a problem!?

You'll notice the Awaiting Restart in the second screenshot?
    I have tried restarting the computer (As it claims is needed) which accomplishes absolutely nothing!

That Awaiting Restart stays there and I am convinced that it is only there to "Drive Me Nuts"!
    (I finally learned my lesson after the 8th or 9th 'restart!')

I've tried just about every tool known to help with these types of problems without success.
    Any help will be much appreciated!

Should I delete all of these 'updates' and start anew?
    (Will that help?)

I also receive this message when I run the troubleshooter which says that it (the troubleshooter) can't fix it ...

:)

mrclose, Apr 28, 2018
  3. Windows firewall blocked apps on windows 10

i delcare SHENANIGANS!

shenanigans has duly been declared.

i picked up a brand new device from the microsoft store in austin

downloaded and installed chrome.......same result as before.

windows firewall blocks some features............

so why is this really happening........

very frustrating

robert_s9_, Apr 28, 2018
  4. Update Shenanigans ... Again! (Will Not Install)

Complaint

They cost me $200 too with their install shenanigans. Windows 10 flaws did me in.

health & wellness, Apr 28, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    Have you tried the Offline Installer for the latest update? On the Updates & Security page and the right side scroll down to the blue link for Learn More to get to that file.

Berton, Apr 28, 2018
  6. mrclose Win User
    Thank You for your response but yes, I've tried that.

mrclose, Apr 28, 2018
Thema:

Update Shenanigans ... Again! (Will Not Install)

1. Update Shenanigans ... Again! (Will Not Install) - Similar Threads - Update Shenanigans Again

2. Windows 10 update 22H2 is installed again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update 22H2 is installed again and again: winver output: version 1803 OS Build 17134.1246, Windows 10 ProTrying to install 22H2, but it- installs and keeps telling in updates history it requires a reboot - rebooting the computer doesn't help- after I "Check Updates" again, system commences downloading and installing...
  3. Windows 10 update 22H2 is installed again and again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 22H2 is installed again and again: winver output: version 1803 OS Build 17134.1246, Windows 10 ProTrying to install 22H2, but it- installs and keeps telling in updates history it requires a reboot - rebooting the computer doesn't help- after I "Check Updates" again, system commences downloading and installing...
  4. OneDrive shenanigans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive shenanigans: So I recently had to send off my laptop for maintenance and it came back with OneDrive syncing ALL of my files within Documents to Desktop. Needless to say this was a massive inconvenience as all I used OneDrive for was to backup my OneNote files, and now I have no online...
  5. Windows/Nvidia shenanigans

Windows/Nvidia shenanigans: [ATTACH] I've got this extremely irritating issue with windows 10 2004 x64 (build 191206-1406) that every time I restart my computer be it with fast start and or cold start that the nvidia control panel will not load (also disappears from right click drop down menu.) Funny...
  6. USB shenanigans, please help

USB shenanigans, please help: So, i have an Asrock B450M Pro4 motherboard, and I don't know what would cause this type of error to happen. I have 3 devices connected all the time simultaneously to the back panel: a Razer DeathAdder Essential, a GX Gaming Imperatot, and a HyperX Cloud II, and they work...
  7. IPv6 Shenanigans

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IPv6 Shenanigans: I've got a very odd issue that I can't seem to figure out. If any one can give me some ideas that would be great because I'm just pulling my hair out at this point. Intermittently IPv6 stops working on one of my machines. IPv6 test - IPv6/4 connectivity and speed test says...
  8. Lock screen shenanigans

Lock screen shenanigans: Anyone ever see something like this? I'm at the Win 10 lock screen, and when I press a key to unlock, the lock screen image goes blurry, the power and Ease of Access buttons appear, but it never gets to the part where it asks me to.... you know, log in. After a while, it goes...
  9. Lost password shenanigan

Lost password shenanigan: I just changed my windows 10 password (not windows account) and memoed it but I must have fucked up, it's not working. Luckily I changed "require sign-in" to never, so I can still login, but I will need my password eventually. Should I take the risk to logout and banking of...
  10. OneDrive shenanigans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive shenanigans: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It wants me to set-up OneDrive again by re-choosing the OneDrive folder location. The problem is that it app[ears to be counting both the already existing OneDrive files and the OneDrive cloud files (which are the same as the...