Windows 10: Update slow then bam no boot after restart.

Discus and support Update slow then bam no boot after restart. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Just ran WU today with 3 updates on 10 TP in VMware player, the updates were stuck at 66% for ages then completed and said a restart was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by banger, Jan 27, 2015.

1. banger Win User

Update slow then bam no boot after restart.

Hi

Just ran WU today with 3 updates on 10 TP in VMware player, the updates were stuck at 66% for ages then completed and said a restart was scheduled. so I restarted straight away.

After the restart the screen said configuring Windows with updates 30% then rebooted. After this I get the automatic repair screen and it cant repair the boot problem. So trying a refresh see if that works otherwise will have to use the ISO file and go for a clean install. Anyone else? I used the preview installer over the top of the last build but 9926 seems problematic so far for me.

Tim

:)

banger, Jan 27, 2015
  2. markdover Win User

BAM

I have a Nokia Lumia 635 windows phone. It was turned on using Outlook.com by a friend and she has forgot password. Microsoft tells me they can help but then sends me to other websites. I need password or I may be able to restart the phone. I'm not sure
    if this will work or not. I'm a retired machinist and haven't done much with phones or computers. Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.

markdover, Jan 27, 2015
  3. BAM

Hello markdover,

thank you for your post here.

I read in your description that you have forgot the password for your Microsoft account on your phone.

Use this link below to get access to the account support:

Reset your password

Best regards

Thomas En., Jan 27, 2015
  4. banger Win User

Refresh fixed it, and updates work. Although getting FBL_Awesome Build 9931 but it cant downloaded it.

banger, Jan 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Update slow then bam no boot after restart. - Similar Threads - Update slow bam

2. Windows 10 slow to boot after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 slow to boot after update: I purchased a laptop new in January 2020 which has continually given trouble with boot times becoming increasingly slow after Windows updates. I have tried reinstalling Windows, both as a Repair Install and as a Full Install but the issue persisted. I finally cured it by...
  3. Windows 10 slow to boot after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow to boot after update: I purchased a laptop new in January 2020 which has continually given trouble with boot times becoming increasingly slow after Windows updates. I have tried reinstalling Windows, both as a Repair Install and as a Full Install but the issue persisted. I finally cured it by...
  4. Slow restart of Windows after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow restart of Windows after update: I have new dell laptop with Windows 10 ProThe most recent update KB5005565 was successfully installed and rebooted successfullyThe windows restart currently takes a long time more than 2 minutesShutting down then restart takes much shorter time Fast boot enabledNote: some...
  5. Computer running slow after restart and update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer running slow after restart and update.: Having an issue that’s been bothering me for about week now. One day I booted up my computer and the computer has been super slow, my desktop wallpaper was removed and replaced. Also my OneDrive has syncing issues. I also get this error message. Any help will be much...
  6. windows 10 boot slow after update

windows 10 boot slow after update: My Windows 10 boot so so slow after the last update, this is the first problem with an update in my PC, Please someone give me a solution. Jacob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-boot-slow-after-update/be21766d-d72f-46d9-a35f-86364a166ec8
  7. slow boot after 1903 update

slow boot after 1903 update: Hello, I have a laptop with SSD and HDD. SSD is used as a system disk and HDD is for storage. Recently I updated my Windows 10 Home 1703 version directly to 1903 version and the update installed some files on my HDD instead of SSD. The problem that occurs now is a slow boot...
  8. Fast boot, slow restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast boot, slow restart: Hi, I'm a bit confused: Everytime I power on the computer, it takes about 15 seconds for my Windows 10 to load, that is, from the moment the logo appears on the screen, until the wallpaper shows. However, when i restart, it takes more time to load (about 1 min and 10...
  9. Slow restart and boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow restart and boot: Hello guys...Any solution about slow restart and boot ? 63858
  10. slow boot/shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow boot/shutdown/restart: I have a lenovo ideapad z510 with a Sandisk Ultra II 120 GB as the main disk and a second 1TB HDD instead of the DVDwr, my problem is that it takes ~ 25-30 seconds to boot/shutdown/restart according to Event Viewer, and considering the Ultra II specs that's a lot, it...