Windows 10: Update SQL server version!

Discus and support Update SQL server version! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 computers, a laptop and a desktop, the laptop has SQL 2012 and the Desktop has SQL 2014 with the latest update. I have a program which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sir George, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Update SQL server version!

I have 2 computers, a laptop and a desktop, the laptop has SQL 2012 and the Desktop has SQL 2014 with the latest update. I have a program which requires that the SQL versions match, but could not get the laptop to accept the SQL 2014 version. It failed with the message to contact MS. I got MS tech support and because they classify SQL Server updates as a business classification, they wanted $499 to for their support...!

The latest update for SQL 2014 was available for my desktop and I have installed it successfully. I still have the download file on my desktop and wanted to know if it would install on the laptop? Both systems run Windows 10 Professional, 64 Bit version.

Anyone know if this will work?

:)

Sir George, Dec 27, 2016
  2. Xithyl Win User

Microsoft sql server 2005 compact edition

Hello unfortunately i was not able to upgrade from sql server 2005 so i decided to make a fresh install of the sql server 2014 should i uninstall the sql server 2005?

Xithyl, Dec 27, 2016
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Microsoft sql server 2005 compact edition

Hi,

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and earlier versions of SQL Server are not supported on Windows 10. Please be informed that SQL Server 2005 is no longer supported since April 12, 2016. In order to receive security updates and technical support, it is recommended
    upgrading to SQL Server 2014 if you're using Windows 8 and later version of Windows for a better performance. To see the compatible versions of SQL Servers for Windows 10, please check the Minimum SQL Server version requirements for Windows 10 and
    Windows Server 2016
    section of this
    article

Should you have any questions, feel free to reply.

Ramon Imp, Dec 27, 2016
  4. Update SQL server version!

The failure message is what you want to research, and not through Microsoft. Post it here and we'll see if we can help.

DeaconFrost, Dec 27, 2016
Thema:

Update SQL server version!

1. Update SQL server version! - Similar Threads - Update SQL server

2. Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition: One of my customer is trying to install Sql server reporting services 2019 and during installation customer gets 2 options; to select as free edition or activate through product key. However, customer states that he does not have a product key since he's using Sql server std...
  3. Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition: One of my customer is trying to install Sql server reporting services 2019 and during installation customer gets 2 options; to select as free edition or activate through product key. However, customer states that he does not have a product key since he's using Sql server std...
  4. SQL server

SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  5. SQL server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  6. SQL server 2019

SQL server 2019: Hi, I reinstalled my computer few days ago and wanted to install microsoft sql server 2019 today, but when i was downloading files via the installer i got error saying ,,Failed to execute activity MediaDownloadActivity. The decryption operation failed.,...
  7. SQL Server Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SQL Server Updates: Hi, Do Cumulative Updates contain previously released Security Updates, or are these separate, such that I have to install both? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server-updates/8e4241fb-93bc-4f98-b9d5-774c18e80cec
  8. Version of SQL Server - how to find?

Version of SQL Server - how to find?: Windows 10 - how to find the version of the installed SQL-Server? [moved from German forums] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/version-of-sql-server-how-to-find/9a351dca-c410-4dd2-9c44-07e72910f52a
  9. Questions about SQL Server Updates

Questions about SQL Server Updates: Hi, I have some questions about installing updates for SQL Server. I have read from this website. It say SQL Server updates are available through Microsoft Update. Below is the URL....
  10. Microsoft SQL Server

Microsoft SQL Server: I have just had to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro in order to install the update of a Tax program I use. The reason for the upgrade was because the Home edition would not allow the installation of Microsoft SQL Server. So the Pro edition lets it run through to the end...