Windows 10: Update tab missing from Java Control Panel Version 8 Update 11 64-bit

Discus and support Update tab missing from Java Control Panel Version 8 Update 11 64-bit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Guys, This one has been bugging me for the past few updates for Java Version 8 - the "Update" tab is missing for the Java Control Panel program.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mingle, Oct 30, 2016.

1. mingle Win User

Update tab missing from Java Control Panel Version 8 Update 11 64-bit

Hi Guys,

This one has been bugging me for the past few updates for Java Version 8 - the "Update" tab is missing for the Java Control Panel program.

This was (apparently) a bug in earlier version, but is supposedly fixed.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and have had this issue with at least the last three updates to the Java JRE Version 8 64-bit.

I've tried uninstalling, cleaning the registry and making sure any leftover Java-related files are gone, but once I reinstall Java, the problem is still there.

Can anyone else confirm this issue?

Cheers,

Mike.

Update tab missing from Java Control Panel Version 8 Update 11 64-bit [​IMG]

:)

mingle, Oct 30, 2016

2. Problem with Java

I have a 64-Bit version of java installed on laptop. I am also running a 64-bit OS. But when I look at the Java Control Panel Icon in the programs section of the control panel, it says Java (32-bit). I also have a launcher for Minecraft mods, and it won't
    recognize that I am running a 64-bit version of Java...could somebody please help me with this?

Austin Henry-Godfrey, Oct 30, 2016
  3. Wrytha Win User
    Windows 10 Java issue

I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. I downloaded and installed java. It appears in the control panel but clicking 'OPEN' does nothing. The java.com website asks me to "enable" the java addon and it appears in the "manage Add-ons" tab of IE 11;
    however, it never actually fires the JVM.

Also, an additional program that uses JAVA is unable to start, although it detects that JAVA is installed, because JAVA never starts.

I have a clean install of Windows with JAVA installed and the program mentioned above. No antivirus. At this I have installed firefox and slimjet browsers. There is nothing else install on the machine. I have installed from the web install, installed from
    the downloaded version, installed the 32bit and the 64 bit versions. All behave the same way.

Please help

Wrytha, Oct 30, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

pbcopter, Oct 30, 2016
  5. mingle Win User
    Thanks for the reply, but no luck.

There are a few other similar suggestions, but they all seem to relate to running 32-bit Java on 64-bit OSes.

Cheers,

Mike.

mingle, Oct 31, 2016
  6. Bastet Win User
    I fixed it by visiting the Java website & manually downloading the latest version & installing that. If this isn't working for you then I can't suggest anything further.

Bastet, Oct 31, 2016
  7. mingle Win User
    Yep, that's how I installed mine - on 4 separate systems - all with the same result.

I downloaded the offline installer for Windows 64-bit.

I've posted a message to Java support, but me hopes aren't high!

Cheers,

Mike.

mingle, Oct 31, 2016
  8. mingle Win User

After a bit more digging around, it seems that a registry key was missing.

It appears that the three update-related executables for the Java RE (jaureg.exe, jusched.exe and jucheck.exe) are still 32-bit and should be located in "\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update" and require a registry entry (which was missing on my systems, for reasons unfathomable!) in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Update\Policy". A bit of a bodge, if you ask me.

Once I made sure the executables and registry keys were there, everything seemed to work.

Despite the fact that this bug was supposedly fixed a few versions back, it still seems to be an issue (for me, at least!). And trying to get any sort of support-message through to the people behind Java is harder than getting into Mordor!

Cheers,

Mike.

mingle, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Update tab missing from Java Control Panel Version 8 Update 11 64-bit - Similar Threads - Update tab missing

2. Java not opening in Control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java not opening in Control panel: Java is not opening in Control panel since long. I tried all the procedures mentioned in this forum. but still not able to open it. Because of this, all application associated with it are also not working.Mine is windows 11, 64 bit operating system?Any early help will be...
  3. Java not opening in Control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java not opening in Control panel: Java is not opening in Control panel since long. I tried all the procedures mentioned in this forum. but still not able to open it. Because of this, all application associated with it are also not working.Mine is windows 11, 64 bit operating system?Any early help will be...
  4. Java 64 bit and Java 32 bit Download Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java 64 bit and Java 32 bit Download Issues: Good day to you. I have had this problem for months now and have tried almost everything under the sun to fix it. My computer runs on 64 bit and no matter what I do Java 64 bit will not install. I have tried un installing the 32 bit which it will do and then tried downloading...
  5. Java 64 bit and Java 32 bit Download Issues

Java 64 bit and Java 32 bit Download Issues: Good day to you. I have had this problem for months now and have tried almost everything under the sun to fix it. My computer runs on 64 bit and no matter what I do Java 64 bit will not install. I have tried un installing the 32 bit which it will do and then tried downloading...
  6. Updating to 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to 64 Bit: My current system hardware is as follows.System type 64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor How do I update to a 64 bit windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-to-64-bit/c5c88659-c1c8-4879-a391-035b3363314e
  7. Updating to 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating to 64 Bit: My current system hardware is as follows.System type 64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor How do I update to a 64 bit windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-to-64-bit/c5c88659-c1c8-4879-a391-035b3363314e
  8. Updating to 64 Bit

9. Today's Windows update - "windows update" missing from control panel

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Today's Windows update - "windows update" missing from control panel: Well apparently there was a massive Windows update yesterday - which installed itself this morning. I say massive, because despite having a good desktop CPU & fast SSD, it took more than 10 minutes to update, which is surprising. I noticed the "Windows Update" options are...
  10. Windows Update missing in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update missing in Control Panel: Hi, yep, it's gone. Not there- and I don't know when or why. So considering restore points and disk images may not be the most appropriate (i.e. would be a random option timewise). I found these fixes (the same registry mod): Windows Update in Windows 10 Control Panel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. java control panel update tab missing