Windows 10: "update" that doesn't do anything besides eating 26gb of space!!

Discus and support "update" that doesn't do anything besides eating 26gb of space!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have NO idea why there is a folder named windows10update after days of seeing my hdd space being took by this update that i've searched for. since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MrsCrescent, Aug 20, 2018.

1. "update" that doesn't do anything besides eating 26gb of space!!

I have NO idea why there is a folder named windows10update after days of seeing my hdd space being took by this update that i've searched for.

since that took so many gb of space i wondered if was one of those really big large updates but after search about it it seems that the latest was that HORRIBLE april's one; that I had to dodge away from it (not now in may) because it was impossible to use the things after it.

ANYWAY this huge thing is not that because i don't see this downloaded update stuff being related to that april one, and because there is no information at all in the recent installed updates list there's nothing in there from recent activity (only adobe flash stuff that was updated a few days ago - and clearly wouldn't be 26GB!!!).

NOT to start to mention that it was doing something harmful to the system. All of sudden I notice that there was a task named dism that stood there for 5+ HOURS at 99% disk activity and was basically killing my hardware making the disk reach 52º degrees something i NEVER saw happening. At the max of the max of hdd temp that i reached while doing heavy stuff etc never went more than 48/49. How come this can happen with updates!!!!!!!? And add to that, that i was doing nothing while this went. I mean not an explorer, not a broswer, not a file, anything else working on in here.

The only thing left for me to do was close the laptop the minute it started get so hot and LAGGY that the mouse was not flowing through the screen smoothly/normally!!

I want to know what it this thing and how to get rid of it. It took basically a third of the left disk space i had and it's ridiculous.

:)

MrsCrescent, Aug 20, 2018
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Aug 20, 2018
  4. AlbertoMA Win User

"update" that doesn't do anything besides eating 26gb of space!!

my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

"update" that doesn't do anything besides eating 26gb of space!!

1. "update" that doesn't do anything besides eating 26gb of space!! - Similar Threads - update doesn't anything

2. Free up space with One Drive doesn't do anything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free up space with One Drive doesn't do anything: I have chosen 'Free Up Space' on a One Drive folder with right mouse option and it doesn't do anything.Files remain on the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space-with-one-drive-doesnt-do-anything/b861ff13-c199-4dbd-ab9b-2dd315d07aee
  3. Free up space with One Drive doesn't do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free up space with One Drive doesn't do anything: I have chosen 'Free Up Space' on a One Drive folder with right mouse option and it doesn't do anything.Files remain on the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space-with-one-drive-doesnt-do-anything/b861ff13-c199-4dbd-ab9b-2dd315d07aee
  4. Free up space with One Drive doesn't do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why my windows 10 has this Guest button and click it doesn't do anything besides logging out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows 10 has this Guest button and click it doesn't do anything besides logging out?: Why is there a Guest button below my sign out button after I click my profile image from the start. And after clicking the Guest it just sign out from my current account to the log in page which can only log in back to my current account?Someone help me plz what is this Guest...
  6. Why my windows 10 has this Guest button and click it doesn't do anything besides logging out?

Why my windows 10 has this Guest button and click it doesn't do anything besides logging out?: Why is there a Guest button below my sign out button after I click my profile image from the start. And after clicking the Guest it just sign out from my current account to the log in page which can only log in back to my current account?Someone help me plz what is this Guest...
  7. Browse eating space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browse eating space: Hi i have problem about browesers i use google and Microsoft Edge when i open them they start eating space so fast pls help I use Microsoft security not any other anti virsu pls help...
  8. Browse eating space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browse eating space: Hi i have problem about browesers i use google and Microsoft Edge when i open them they start eating space so fast pls help I use Microsoft security not any other anti virsu pls help...
  9. Browse eating space

10. Browse eating space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware