Windows 10: Update to 1803 Has Taken all Day.

Discus and support Update to 1803 Has Taken all Day. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm at a loss now. My laptop has been updating to 1803 since noon today and it is no 8:30 PM. I rand the update troubleshooter and that didn't help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesJoey, Jul 22, 2018.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Update to 1803 Has Taken all Day.

I'm at a loss now.

My laptop has been updating to 1803 since noon today and it is no 8:30 PM.

I rand the update troubleshooter and that didn't help.

I ran SFC and it didn't find any errors.

Anything else I can do like throw the laptop in the trash?????

:)

JamesJoey, Jul 22, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Please help a newb under/over volt/clock PLEASE

5min test results have rolled in:

What do ya'll suggest my next step taken should be ?

BenchedADC, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Update to 1803 Has Taken all Day.

update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Update to 1803 Has Taken all Day.

1. Update to 1803 Has Taken all Day. - Similar Threads - Update 1803 Has

2. Has Windows Update Taken Control Of My BIOS/UEFI?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has Windows Update Taken Control Of My BIOS/UEFI?: My laptop (Gigabyte Aorus 7 SB) had been working fine until it took some updates earlier this week. I bought it new just over a year ago and it's been working perfectly until Wednesday after it took the updates Sometimes I boot the laptop into various versions of Linux,...
  3. OneDrive has taken Over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has taken Over: I recently upgraded my computer and moved all my document to a new Windows 11 machine. The documents were moved into the documents folder. For reasons unknown to me, Onedrive started synching them automatically. It then stated it was out of space and I needed to pay $6.99 a...
  4. OneDrive has taken Over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive has taken Over: I recently upgraded my computer and moved all my document to a new Windows 11 machine. The documents were moved into the documents folder. For reasons unknown to me, Onedrive started synching them automatically. It then stated it was out of space and I needed to pay $6.99 a...
  5. New update has my laptop all day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New update has my laptop all day: My computer has been hijacked all day with this update andi have stuff to do....HELP!!! Can i make it stop or finish? Itsbeen 91% finished for hours https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-has-my-laptop-all-day/79c09cd0-7100-4eec-af2d-141b5a0199d4
  6. Taken me 2 DAYS!!!!! TO LOAD MICROSOFT 10 CAN'T BELIEVE ALL THE TROUBLE!

Taken me 2 DAYS!!!!! TO LOAD MICROSOFT 10 CAN'T BELIEVE ALL THE TROUBLE!: I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH MICROSOFT SINCE LOADING I CANNOT OPEN MY 2013 OFFICE APPLICATIONS. IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO SEPARATE MY PERSONAL COMPUTER LOGIN OTHER THAN MICROSOFT S ENFORCED ONE -- THE PROGRAM TO 10 HOURS TO LOAD AND THEN I HAD SERIOUS ISSUES WITH...
  7. Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Someone I know has taken control of all administrator accounts and taken away my admin rights.: When I try access the hidden administrator account, only mine and their accounts show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-i-know-has-taken-control-of-all/437f5891-7843-4f04-b848-f28b1af92dbb"
  8. Windows 10 Update 1803 has been installing all day. I cannot work.

Windows 10 Update 1803 has been installing all day. I cannot work.: Hello, I have turned off my anti-virus software, I have left the computer alone. I have cleared 50GB of disk space. This is going beyond a joke. How can I get this update installed. It won't give up and it always fails at around 77%....
  9. Update to 1803 forced on me, hogs resources all day, fails, restarts automatically

Update to 1803 forced on me, hogs resources all day, fails, restarts automatically: It's bad enough that we have no choice but to accept this Windows upgrade to 1803, but then it runs forever, banging away at the hard drive making the machine virtually unusable for hours, and then it fails - and the whole process starts all over again. Failed to install on...
  10. Has my PC updated to 1803 or not?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Has my PC updated to 1803 or not?: I'm afraid I'm a little confused. After the first failed attempt to install the 1803 update I'm not sure if the update has installed on the second attempt or not (despite me trying to stop it), however the 2nd attempt didn't cause any problems. Update History says: Feature...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. updating windows taking all day