Windows 10: Update totally hoosed my system.

Discus and support Update totally hoosed my system. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Booted up my main desktop this morning and it did what looks to be a big update. It tried to anyway. I got several messages along the lines of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alphanumeric, May 14, 2018.

1. Update totally hoosed my system.

Booted up my main desktop this morning and it did what looks to be a big update. It tried to anyway. I got several messages along the lines of "improving security" "updating your Apps" etc. Large text on a blue background, like you see with the messages during an install. It was taking forever and stalled on a "this is taking longer than expected" message for 30+ minutes. Then an "almost done message" then just a blank screen with a mouse cursor. It sat there for 2 + hours with no hard drive activity. I tapped the power button and it shut down. This PC was already running 1803.
    Booted up and it just stalled at the log on screen. I clicked my mouse to log in and it sat there with the juggling balls. My graphics driver was hosed too. My logon screen was on the wrong monitor and was the wrong resolution. Like what I get on a clean install with the stock windows driver. I tried to do a repair but that failed, as did system restore. Just finished doing a clean install. I was going to do one anyway, just hadn't planned on doing it today.

:)

alphanumeric, May 14, 2018

2. Booted up my main desktop this morning and it did what looks to be a big update. It tried to anyway. I got several messages along the lines of "improving security" "updating your Apps" etc. Large text on a blue background, like you see with the messages during an install. It was taking forever and stalled on a "this is taking longer than expected" message for 30+ minutes. Then an "almost done message" then just a blank screen with a mouse cursor. It sat there for 2 + hours with no hard drive activity. I tapped the power button and it shut down. This PC was already running 1803.
    Booted up and it just stalled at the log on screen. I clicked my mouse to log in and it sat there with the juggling balls. My graphics driver was hosed too. My logon screen was on the wrong monitor and was the wrong resolution. Like what I get on a clean install with the stock windows driver. I tried to do a repair but that failed, as did system restore. Just finished doing a clean install. I was going to do one anyway, just hadn't planned on doing it today.

:)

alphanumeric, May 14, 2018
Thema:

Update totally hoosed my system.

1. Update totally hoosed my system. - Similar Threads - Update totally hoosed

2. System Resote is totally dead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Resote is totally dead: I have used windows 10 since its introduction, doing all updates, etc as needed.none of which seemed to create any serious issues.I am Using 64 bit version, Build OS 19045.3324 version 22h2 with the“windows feature Experience pack 1000.19041.1000.0I am the sole user and...
  3. System Resote is totally dead

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Resote is totally dead: I have used windows 10 since its introduction, doing all updates, etc as needed.none of which seemed to create any serious issues.I am Using 64 bit version, Build OS 19045.3324 version 22h2 with the“windows feature Experience pack 1000.19041.1000.0I am the sole user and...
  4. System Resote is totally dead

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Update Results in a Total System Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Results in a Total System Reset: Yesterday Windows automatically underwent a major upgrade, I assume from 1903 to 2004. After a few reboots, I logged into my account to find that the system was totally reset, like out of the box. All of my custom settings were reset. The library links were not connected to...
  6. Windows 10 Total System Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Total System Freeze: Hi folks, Having issues recently on Windows 10 where my entire system will freeze up, but ONLY Microsoft stuff. This means my desktop, task manager, the task bar, Visual Studio, etc. Google Chrome remains totally fine and usable, as does Discord and others. The only solution...
  7. Updates totally destroyed my laptop?

Updates totally destroyed my laptop?: Last month, it seemed I was getting Window updates every few days. Started getting error messages and took forever to get to my login screen, so I contacted Microsoft Support. The first rep I spoke to uninstalled windows and began to reinstall it. The next day it had not...
  8. Updates totally destroyed my laptop?

Updates totally destroyed my laptop?: Last month, it seemed I was getting Window updates every few days. Started getting error messages and took forever to get to my login screen so I contacted Microsoft Support. The rep I spoke to uninstalled windows and began to reinstall it. The next day it had not...
  9. System Restore is a totally BROKEN option

System Restore is a totally BROKEN option: Hi, after my notebook automatically gave me this month's disastrous updates and everything got messed up i decided to use the 'System Restore' point that was created just before the update. (the option to return to previous version of win10 had already passed after 12h, or...
  10. Total system lock up

in Windows 10 Support
    Total system lock up: Hello all, I have a custom built PC that seems to have quite a unique issue. (Or so google thinks) I am unable to load anything other than the bios. When i attempt to boot into windows the computer locks up. When i attempt to choose the repair computer in boot options...