Windows 10: Update W-10 manually

Discus and support Update W-10 manually in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just discovered that the new version allows me to set do W-10 updates manually. I do like it that way better. I check several times a day just like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Layback Bear, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Update W-10 manually

Just discovered that the new version allows me to set do W-10 updates manually.

I do like it that way better. I check several times a day just like I do on W-7.

Just open Windows 10 Updates and select Choose how updates get installed.

:)

Layback Bear, Oct 23, 2014

2. W 10 Update requests me to uninstall program "Trend Micro Internet Security 2009" manually.

W 10 Update requests me to uninstall program "Trend Micro Internet Security 2009" manually. But there is not this program on my comp. I couldn't continue update. Thank Vaclav.

VaclavBicek, Oct 23, 2014
  3. New Computer Acer Aspire XC-603 Won't Restart

I am using Windows 10, upgraded from Windows 8. If I attempt to restart, the computer freezes, has to be manually powered down at the power bar. Funny, if I power down for about 10 seconds, then power back up, the restart continues normally. Shutdown
    works normally. Acer has told me this is know Windows 10 problem and I should just wait for an update to fix this problem. Is that correct?

FYI, update from W 8 to W 10 went smoothly.

Thanks!

PeakTravelMary, Oct 23, 2014
  4. CountMike New Member

Update W-10 manually

Hmmmmm, good, hate automatic updates, I normally leave on Notify only.

CountMike, Oct 23, 2014
  5. Yea there's not a clear way to know the status of update either :/

ThrashZone, Oct 24, 2014
  6. I think we just need more information displayed concerning Windows Updates.
    What is the update, what does it do, and I want to be able to decide the next step.
    I'm not really interested in all the Bing stuff and updates for Bing.

Layback Bear, Oct 24, 2014
  7. davehc Win User
    9860?
    Not for me yet.

davehc, Oct 24, 2014
  8. Update W-10 manually

Yea Bing what a pain this time I unselected use bing for search results,
    It totally brings back the start menu search
    Before with bing every time I type in the search and hit enter I would get spun to a bing search page *Confused

Not very practical type internet options.... and getting a silly bing search page *Biggrin
    Now it doesn't do that *Wink

I have windows updates set for Just Windows not the other crud Microsoft is pushing *Smile
    But did set it to alert of updates but let me decide whether to download and install them
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Oct 24, 2014
  9. davehc Win User
    So, fellow posters, you are saying that by default (NOT reg hacking) that you can now change the option for downloading updates, automatically or manually.?

davehc, Oct 24, 2014
  10. Yep and narrow the update options to only windows I would imagine if your using a Microsoft account outlook.com.. and all the other default apps you wouldn't want to do that though,
    But you can control when they update at the least,
    I'm using a local account and use none of the built in apps they have all been uninstalled,
    Cheers.
    My bad some settings are still grayed out :/
    Attachment 7458

ThrashZone, Oct 25, 2014
  11. topgundcp Win User
    Are you sure about this ? I did a fresh install 9860 and the option was disabled. I had to change it in Group Policy Editor to enable it.

topgundcp, Oct 25, 2014
  12. I checked again and I can no longer do manual updates.
    Now I get just like the picture in Thrashzone #8 post.
    I have no idea how this happened.
    It use to give me a option after checking for updates to (Install Now). It no longer does.

Layback Bear, Oct 25, 2014
  13. topgundcp Win User

Update W-10 manually

Just in case you want to enable the "Change Settings":
    Win+R->gpedit.msc->Computer Configuration->Adminstrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Updates->Configure Automatic Updates->Enabled
    Then select: 5 - Allow local admin to choose setting

topgundcp, Oct 25, 2014
  14. Thanks Dino.
    Because this is a test version of W-10 I try not to use any registry alteration. I do let Microsoft know what my desires are.
    When I do buy W-10 the mass of Bing goodies has got to have the ability of removal and stay gone until I decide different.
    That is one reason I like to control what is or is not downloaded.

Layback Bear, Oct 26, 2014
  15. Where is this setting Mike?

I looked in all the usual places (folder search, IE add-ons) but can't find the Turn Bing Off button.
    I think it was easier in 9841, but I can't recall what I did in the rls - all I know is I didn't have Trends on the taskbar search and I never went to the internet for searches.

If you do NOT hit enter (9860 search) the results are local only.
    --> Results are a little slow - most people hit enter by habit, but it's more like searching in explorer where results start appearing as you type.

Update W-10 manually [​IMG]

I also noticed that local results are displayed on the Bing page ... but I don't want the Bing page at all! Ever!

Update W-10 manually [​IMG]
    Bill

Slartybart, Oct 26, 2014
Thema:

Update W-10 manually

1. Update W-10 manually - Similar Threads - Update manually

2. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one: I am having issue with the driver installation of Intel core.I have Intel- i7-4720HQ but when I update the driver form windows update it install the driver for 4600 gen which causes performance and screen freeze.I need to install the latest driver for the exact same gen core...
  3. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one: I am having issue with the driver installation of Intel core.I have Intel- i7-4720HQ but when I update the driver form windows update it install the driver for 4600 gen which causes performance and screen freeze.I need to install the latest driver for the exact same gen core...
  4. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...: After following "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I get the error the error that winre.wim not found, when I try to enable RE.KB5028997had me delete the RE partition and recreate it, so it is empty now. I copied a wim...
  6. "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...

"KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...: After following "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I get the error the error that winre.wim not found, when I try to enable RE.KB5028997had me delete the RE partition and recreate it, so it is empty now. I copied a wim...
  7. Error manually updating windows 10 to 11 due to permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error manually updating windows 10 to 11 due to permissions.: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97} to the user DESKTOP-OJS751Q\GENOS002 SID...
  8. Error manually updating windows 10 to 11 due to permissions.

Error manually updating windows 10 to 11 due to permissions.: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97} to the user DESKTOP-OJS751Q\GENOS002 SID...
  9. Error manually updating windows 10 to 11 due to permissions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on

How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on: Hello guys I tried disabling the windows update using the services program which runs after restarting windows. I also tried using the registry editor way which didn't work. I don't want to enable metered connection. Is there any other way to disable the windows 10 update...