Windows 10: Update was stuck on 'Resetting this PC 1%' and battery died.

Discus and support Update was stuck on 'Resetting this PC 1%' and battery died. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had updated my Windows 7 to Windows 10 first and then wanted to do a clean upgrade. I followed the instructions but my computer seemed to be stuck on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IrishRover88, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Update was stuck on 'Resetting this PC 1%' and battery died.

I had updated my Windows 7 to Windows 10 first and then wanted to do a clean upgrade. I followed the instructions but my computer seemed to be stuck on 'Resetting this PC at 1%' my laptop must have died during this and now every time I try to start up my laptop it gets to the load screen and then goes to black and then tries to reboot again. Can anyone help? I'm lost at the moment. Any help would be awesome.

:)

IrishRover88, Aug 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 stuck at resetting this pc 1%

Hi Emmarienelle,

Resetting Windows 10 is an ideal solution for users to fix system problems or software compatibility issues. However, things might get complicated when your PC gets stuck or freeze while resetting. We recommend following these steps to resolve the issue:

• Fix Windows 10 fail to reset issue by hard booting PC and performing a clean reset:

• Press power key for 8-10 seconds to start a hard boot. Do this for three to four times.
    • Enter Windows 10 Automatic repair options.
    • Try a clean reset from the Automatic repair options.

• Download Windows 10 ISO file and perform a clean install in your PC.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 stuck at resetting this pc 1%

I have an acer laptop thats was originally 8.1 before I did the free windows 10 upgrade.

I don't have the original install cd as this was a 2nd hand laptop.

Yesterday I decided to reset windows 10 and now its stuck at "resetting this pc 1% " for hours and am getting scared! what do I do? is it okay to force shutdown the machine?

EmmarienelleGineta, Aug 1, 2015
  4. luc3008 Win User

Update was stuck on 'Resetting this PC 1%' and battery died.

I have the same.problem now, did you find a solution??

luc3008, Aug 13, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    On a working computer, make a Windows 10 installation USB stick or DVD using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Boot from that and do a clean install - only if you have successfully upgraded to Windows 10 before (otherwise the clean install Windows 10 will not activate). During the clean install, do not enter a product key - click the tiny print that says "skip" or "do this later".

Windows 10

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Update was stuck on 'Resetting this PC 1%' and battery died.

1. Update was stuck on 'Resetting this PC 1%' and battery died. - Similar Threads - Update was stuck

2. Factory Reset Stuck At 1%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset Stuck At 1%: I tried factory resetting my PC since it was running slowly, but it has been stuck at 1% for like an hour. I am aware that these take up to 3 hrs, but I dont think it should still be at 1%. The PC is pretty old, and thats why I’m resetting it. It’s an XPS 8500 I think....
  3. Factory Reset Stuck At 1%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Reset Stuck At 1%: I tried factory resetting my PC since it was running slowly, but it has been stuck at 1% for like an hour. I am aware that these take up to 3 hrs, but I dont think it should still be at 1%. The PC is pretty old, and thats why I’m resetting it. It’s an XPS 8500 I think....
  4. Factory Reset Stuck At 1%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. my windows reset and stuck on 1%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my windows reset and stuck on 1%: my windows reset and stuck on 1% and when i turned the pc off, it will windows volume2 and it restart again and again and now i can't do nothing ,please help me...
  6. resetting pc stuck on 1 percent for 4 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resetting pc stuck on 1 percent for 4 hours: i have searched this issue and found a lot of people saying to just leave it even if it takes a 18 hours more it will eventually get to an end i figured it could take a while because i have a 14tb hdd but the thing is i literally have zero files on the pc 1.Should i wait more...
  7. resetting pc stuck on 1 percent for 4 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    resetting pc stuck on 1 percent for 4 hours: i have searched this issue and found a lot of people saying to just leave it even if it takes a 18 hours more it will eventually get to an end i figured it could take a while because i have a 14tb hdd but the thing is i literally have zero files on the pc 1.Should i wait more...
  8. resetting pc stuck on 1 percent for 4 hours

9. Resetting this PC stuck at 1%.

Resetting this PC stuck at 1%.: I reset my PC with Keep my Files, but it has been stuck at 1%. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-this-pc-stuck-at-1/b2313f5a-ca92-44ff-bbe6-02da045b29bb
  10. Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours

Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours: Hi so I recently just wanted to completely factory reset my PC after upgrading to windows 10 (of course keeping win 10 after reset) and even hours after the reset beginning its still frozen at 1%. Anyone got any ideas what to do? 11989

Users found this page by searching for:

1. battery is stuck at 1% after windows updates

2. resetting this pc stuck at 1%

3. resetting this pc 1% stuck