Windows 10: Update when I tell you!

Discus and support Update when I tell you! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Definitely not a noob. I have a surface pro 4, obviously Windows 10. Used gpedit.msc to set the update install time to 2:00am. So this morning, around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Clazarowitz, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Update when I tell you!

Definitely not a noob. I have a surface pro 4, obviously Windows 10. Used gpedit.msc to set the update install time to 2:00am. So this morning, around 10:00 when I go to use it, it's updating. Are you kidding me? What is the real magic Windows 1 setting to force updates to a time I'm not planning on using the computer??? I can't believe they ignore the group policy now!

:)

Clazarowitz, Oct 1, 2016
  2. LCRT Win User

Can you please tell me when will I be able to purchase an unlocked windows 8 telephone?

nobody knows where you live.

LCRT, Oct 1, 2016
  3. Can you please tell me when will I be able to purchase an unlocked windows 8 telephone?

You also need to be aware that unlocked does not mean universal compatibility. The various bands in the US and Canada make finding phones that work well on all carriers challenging. Typically the issues just happen on the data side, voice and text is pretty
    standard. AT&T and T-Mobile use different bands that hamper data above 2G to be used on the other's phones available in only a few locations.

I have found GSMNation to be very useful in seeing what bands are supported and are compatible with what carriers.

Sven Johannsen, Oct 1, 2016
  4. davefaz Win User

Update when I tell you!

What I do now is disable the Update Task completely. When I am assured that updates are functional and not going to mess something up then I re-enable the task just for an hour. I just don't want Microsoft to have total control over my PC. I am pretty sure that eventually Microsoft will do something fundamental that I object to and I will end up disabling them forever. It's just a matter of time.

davefaz, Oct 1, 2016
Thema:

Update when I tell you!

1. Update when I tell you! - Similar Threads - Update tell

2. My computer keeps telling me to update to '2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps telling me to update to '2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version...: My computer keeps telling me to update to '2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893'. However, after restarting multiple times over the past several weeks, the pending update keeps returning?...
  3. My computer keeps telling me to update to '2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps telling me to update to '2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version...: My computer keeps telling me to update to '2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893'. However, after restarting multiple times over the past several weeks, the pending update keeps returning?...
  4. Can someone tell me what this update is and why I cant click on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what this update is and why I cant click on it: This update box keeps popping up then disappears only to come back in hourly intervals. as you can see, it is semi transparent and no mouse clicks or keyboard combinations allow me to press the details button before I update what ever it is. Can anyone offer suggestions on...
  5. Can someone tell me what this update is and why I cant click on it

Can someone tell me what this update is and why I cant click on it: This update box keeps popping up then disappears only to come back in hourly intervals. as you can see, it is semi transparent and no mouse clicks or keyboard combinations allow me to press the details button before I update what ever it is. Can anyone offer suggestions on...
  6. Can someone tell mw what this update is and why I cant click on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell mw what this update is and why I cant click on it: This update box keeps popping up then disappears only to come back in hourly intervals. as you can see, it is semi transparent and now mouse clicks or keyboard combinations allow me to see the details button before I update what ever it is. Can anyone offer suggestions on...
  7. Can someone tell mw what this update is and why I cant click on it

Can someone tell mw what this update is and why I cant click on it: This update box keeps popping up then disappears only to come back in hourly intervals. as you can see, it is semi transparent and now mouse clicks or keyboard combinations allow me to see the details button before I update what ever it is. Can anyone offer suggestions on...
  8. Windows 11 update "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 11"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 11": Trying to install Windows 11, keep getting this error. Followed multiple suggestions to resize partitions, repair disk, but nothing is working....
  9. Windows 11 update "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 11"

Windows 11 update "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 11": Trying to install Windows 11, keep getting this error. Followed multiple suggestions to resize partitions, repair disk, but nothing is working....
  10. Windows 11 update "We can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 11"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade