Windows 10: Update when I tell you!

Discus and support Update when I tell you! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Definitely not a noob. I have a surface pro 4, obviously Windows 10. Used gpedit.msc to set the update install time to 2:00am. So this morning, around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Clazarowitz, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Update when I tell you!

Definitely not a noob. I have a surface pro 4, obviously Windows 10. Used gpedit.msc to set the update install time to 2:00am. So this morning, around 10:00 when I go to use it, it's updating. Are you kidding me? What is the real magic Windows 1 setting to force updates to a time I'm not planning on using the computer??? I can't believe they ignore the group policy now!

:)

Clazarowitz, Oct 1, 2016
  2. LCRT Win User

Can you please tell me when will I be able to purchase an unlocked windows 8 telephone?

nobody knows where you live.

LCRT, Oct 1, 2016
  3. Can you please tell me when will I be able to purchase an unlocked windows 8 telephone?

You also need to be aware that unlocked does not mean universal compatibility. The various bands in the US and Canada make finding phones that work well on all carriers challenging. Typically the issues just happen on the data side, voice and text is pretty
    standard. AT&T and T-Mobile use different bands that hamper data above 2G to be used on the other's phones available in only a few locations.

I have found GSMNation to be very useful in seeing what bands are supported and are compatible with what carriers.

Sven Johannsen, Oct 1, 2016
  4. davefaz Win User

Update when I tell you!

What I do now is disable the Update Task completely. When I am assured that updates are functional and not going to mess something up then I re-enable the task just for an hour. I just don't want Microsoft to have total control over my PC. I am pretty sure that eventually Microsoft will do something fundamental that I object to and I will end up disabling them forever. It's just a matter of time.

davefaz, Oct 1, 2016
Thema:

Update when I tell you!

1. Update when I tell you! - Similar Threads - Update tell

2. My Windows 10 won't update. It keeps telling me Pending Update then it goes back to 100%...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Windows 10 won't update. It keeps telling me Pending Update then it goes back to 100%...: My Windows 10 won't update. It keeps telling me Pending Update then it goes back to 100% download. It's like it is waiting for something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-wont-update-it-keeps-telling-me/db5b6dc3-9e43-46f7-9794-c80b6294c47f
  3. Windows always telling me to reboot for update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows always telling me to reboot for update: A few days ago, I started getting these message boxes telling me to reboot to update, or something like. So I did the "update and Restart" option. However, I am still getting these messages telling me to reboot. Belarc says that I have Windows 10 Home Single Language Version...
  4. Windows Update screws up my system even when I tell it not to.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update screws up my system even when I tell it not to.: Why does Microsoft do this? Do they hate their customers? I contacted Microsoft support about this and got a "real person" who offered me what I considered bad advice: "We can make it so you get no further updates." Seriously? That's your solution? I either succumb to...
  5. Windows update removed my office 2016, W10 DON'T tell me it didn't because it did! restore...

Windows update removed my office 2016, W10 DON'T tell me it didn't because it did! restore...: Windows update removed my office 2016, W10 DON'T tell me it didn't because it did! Restore does not work! Strange as I tested it the last time I had a problem with Microsoft uninstalling office and then they told me it wasn't a legit licence code, when it was. No the...
  6. I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and now it tells me to Activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and now it tells me to Activate.: In order to use Xbox Game Pass for PC I needed to update to latest version. I followed the steps and now it tells me a I need to activate. I just got off the phone with microsoft, and there wasn't much help. Pretty much told to buy another key. I purchased a computer 4 or...
  7. Why don't I have 1903 when it tells me in the update screen that it was downloaded

Why don't I have 1903 when it tells me in the update screen that it was downloaded: In my list of previous update it tells me that 1903 was downloaded but I still have 1809. Is there anyway for me to sort this out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dont-i-have-1903-when-it-tells-me-in-the/f9a77279-5702-407e-8683-0f4917694ecf
  8. How can I tell if I have a Windows update?

How can I tell if I have a Windows update?: Windows 10’s update history says this: [ATTACH] I go and get the update manually. When attempting to install, I get this: [ATTACH] If I go back to the history, it’s exactly the same. I can repeat the installation but the same error occurs. As these two statements...
  9. Windows 10 Home just updated, now telling me my organisation requires me to change my PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Home just updated, now telling me my organisation requires me to change my PIN: I shut down my Windows 10 Home laptop earlier. When I rebooted, it told me my organisation requires me to change my PIN and will no longer allow me to use the old one. This is my personal laptop and I am the sole user. Why has it done this? HOw do I stop it from doing this?...
  10. update is 100% complete, but still have circling dots that tell me not to turn off the...

update is 100% complete, but still have circling dots that tell me not to turn off the...: update is 100% complete, but still have circling dots that tell me not to turn off the computer...for over an hour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-is-100-complete-but-still-have-circling/4e335dff-7b32-487e-adea-f75d6a6da98e