Windows 10: update win7 to win10 10074 problem

Discus and support update win7 to win10 10074 problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can install the update it goes through all the motions, reboots, continues, asks for my permission, reboots again and looks as if it is actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LoreFreak, Jun 8, 2015.

1. LoreFreak Win User

update win7 to win10 10074 problem

I can install the update it goes through all the motions, reboots, continues, asks for my permission, reboots again and looks as if it is actually installing win 10, then upon hitting 100% it reboots once more and reverts back to my original OS making it completely impossible to try out win 10.

How do I keep it from automatically rolling back to the original OS?

:)

LoreFreak, Jun 8, 2015
  2. factbill Win User

If Microsoft wants the world to change over to Windows 10, why don't they read the problems here and fix UPDATE?

Yes, I have tried everything suggested on this board.

The capital letters were used because Microsoft doesn't seem to care about those who are unsuccessful at updating to Win10.

I was a Windows10 Insider but gave up in May when I was
    unable to install build 10074

I have been trying every week or so since then, first with the latest builds, then with the updates, but to no avail.

I truly have tried everything suggested on this forum.

factbill, Jun 8, 2015
  3. apps does'nt starts

MY WIN10 IS ACTIVATED!

I wrote "iso coming from an win7 update"

I had update win7 pro ORIGINAL... download the iso of win10, formatted SSD disk, installed ISO.

I'm boring with all this problems... I NEED TO WORK DAMN IT!

daniele.b75, Jun 8, 2015
Thema:

update win7 to win10 10074 problem

1. update win7 to win10 10074 problem - Similar Threads - update win7 win10

2. Massive update problem Win7 pro to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Massive update problem Win7 pro to Win10 Pro: Hi all,this is sooo boring ..... i have the same problem as so many windows users in the world - upgrade to Win10 pro from Win7pro is not working at all.I did everything people suggested e.g. clean boot, disable any antivirus, putting the windows source to an USB.Nothing,...
  3. Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10: I have a Dell computer from 2011. I'm trying to upgrade from WIN7 to WIN10.I got an error message when trying to run the MediaCreationTool21H2.exe. It says to reference the error code 0X80072F8F - 0X20000. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  4. Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10: I have a Dell computer from 2011. I'm trying to upgrade from WIN7 to WIN10.I got an error message when trying to run the MediaCreationTool21H2.exe. It says to reference the error code 0X80072F8F - 0X20000. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  5. upgrade problems from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade problems from win7 to win10: Hi, Having some issues upgrading a windows 7 system to windows 10. Ran the MS upgrade using mediacreationtool1909.exe on an older AMD processor (Athlon II X2 250 3.00ghz 32 bit) and the supporting motherboard, no other devices. It ran for awhile and then failed with this...
  6. Win7 ---> Win10 Updates & Privacy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 ---> Win10 Updates & Privacy: I'm reluctantly starting the process of upgrading from Win7 to Win10, and I have a few concerns. How does Windows 10 Home edition currently handle installing updates? What are the recommended tools/techniques for enhancing privacy? Most of the information I've found online...
  7. Logon Problem (Win10 to Win7)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Logon Problem (Win10 to Win7): First off I have to note by no means am I a network guru so please bear with me. I have a question/problem with networking. I have 5 PC’s - 4 laptops and a desktop. Lap1 (Win10), Lap2 (Win10), Lap3 (Win8), Lap4 (Win7), Desk (Win7). I routinely logon to Desk and Lap4 from...
  8. Stuck on Win10 Build 10074; Cannot update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck on Win10 Build 10074; Cannot update: I am currently running "Windows 10 Home Insider Preview"; Build 10074. Today I received an error stating that my Version of Windows is outdated, and needs to be updated. It also stated that my pc will restart every couple hours, until it fails to start. I have tried using the...
  9. Selective Win10 Updates (as in Win7)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Selective Win10 Updates (as in Win7): Hi Last time I checked Win10 it was only possible to postpone installing certain Win updates that W10 found, nothing more. Is it EVER going to be possible on W10 to do as in W7 ... namely install only the Win updates that the user wishes to install? If yes - how? Thank...
  10. Updating Win7 caused problems open Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating Win7 caused problems open Win10: I have been using Win 10 for about 2 months. Before I installed Win10, I cloned my hard drive that has Win7 on it just in case Win10 didn’t deliver as promised. Monday I thought I’d update the Win7, so I open the PC case, disconnected the wires from the C drive and...