Windows 10: Auto updates are still set to "off". Any idea why & what else I can do to prevent?

Discus and support Auto updates are still set to "off". Any idea why & what else I can do to prevent? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have had auto updates shut off for a couple of months now since I have had too many issues with them. Today the update 1803 & flash updated anyway.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kristib1, Dec 15, 2018.

1. kristib1 Win User

Auto updates are still set to "off". Any idea why & what else I can do to prevent?

I have had auto updates shut off for a couple of months now since I have had too many issues with them. Today the update 1803 & flash updated anyway. Auto updates are still set to "off". Any idea why & what else I can do to prevent this from happening again?

:)

kristib1, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 22, 2020
  3. JhShklm Win User
    Preventing Auto update

Hi,

Windows tries to auto update my AMD RADEON HD 7000M driver and makes a big chaos every time. How can I prevent it auto updated.

Thanks in advance

JhShklm, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Auto updates are still set to "off". Any idea why & what else I can do to prevent?

Disabling Windows Update only way to prevent Realtek driver from auto-updating on Windows 10

Hi Patrick,

Since you've done a lot of troubleshooting steps just to prevent updates, we suggest you to check this article:

How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Auto updates are still set to "off". Any idea why & what else I can do to prevent?

1. Auto updates are still set to "off". Any idea why & what else I can do to prevent? - Similar Threads - Auto updates are

2. anyone got any idea what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone got any idea what to do: I have a joke:win32 threat on my pc if i run a scan it says no threats found but it still says threats need action i can't get rid of them no matter what i try any ideas anyone...
  3. anyone got any idea what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anyone got any idea what to do: I have a joke:win32 threat on my pc if i run a scan it says no threats found but it still says threats need action i can't get rid of them no matter what i try any ideas anyone...
  4. Any idea what this means?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any idea what this means?: Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 144Parameter 1: 1001Parameter 2: ffffe18424687730Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.256.48Locale ID: 1033...
  5. I can't sync ....settings seem to be turned off....any ideas

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't sync ....settings seem to be turned off....any ideas: I am unable to sync in settings.Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sync-settings-seem-to-be-turned-offany/93ef6092-f081-466d-a499-de10450fcc8c
  6. Any idea what's that.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any idea what's that.: At shutdown or restarting my pc i get this error at the end Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C013010000250200C000000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which...
  7. Any idea what's causing this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea what's causing this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Spectre696 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/heqf6o/any_idea_whats_causing_this/
  8. Any idea what this is

Any idea what this is: Not sure if this is the right place to post, but any help or suggestions welcome. anyone have any idea what this icon / application is? It flashes up for less than a second when i first boot up, sometime its so quick i don't even see it. It always appears just above the...
  9. Any idea what this icon is?

Any idea what this icon is?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Speedy_Panda [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds1ypg/any_idea_what_this_icon_is/
  10. Auto updates turned off still updates, deletes shortcuts who knows what else

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto updates turned off still updates, deletes shortcuts who knows what else: i have auto updates turned off both in the options and by command prompt. microsoft eventually just updates my pc anyway, resets's my U.a.c permisions and delete's my browser shortcuts from my task bar. I have these options turned off for a reason, your tech support...