Windows 10: (Updated) BSOD For unspecified 124 STOP

Discus and support (Updated) BSOD For unspecified 124 STOP in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, thanks for taking a look at my problem. Some backstory- I like to consider myself fairly good with computers, but this problem is beyond me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrFox, Feb 3, 2016.

1. MrFox Win User

(Updated) BSOD For unspecified 124 STOP

Hello, thanks for taking a look at my problem.

Some backstory-
    I like to consider myself fairly good with computers, but this problem is beyond me. I recently rebuilt my PC both to improve it but also to stop some BSOD issues from before. The only components I kept were the CPU and GPU (Case, HDDs, PSU, RAM, and Motherboard are all new). Though some problems are fixed, and the system runs better overall, the problem I have when playing games and watching certain shows/YouTube videos persists. After hours of troubleshooting and poking around, I have found very little information, and have had no success. That brought me here.

The Problem-
    As for gaming, the computer seems to crash randomly, and with any game. It has crashed in Minecraft, comunity mods, Robocraft, and Bioshock Infinite. I'm sure it has crashed in more, but it happens too often to keep track. Anyways, with games I have had no luck at reproducing crashes, it seems completely random. As for videos, it is slightly less random. In fact, there is a particular place where it always happens. In the Steven Universe "The Return", during the evacuation scene, the system will crash reliably while Greg is speaking. The exact place during the scene is random, but it is always during this scene, and happens in no other episode. The computer will also crash from time to time while using YouTube, but it is far less predictable and rarely happens.

The Crash-
    As for the crash itself, there is no visible blue screen. There is simply a pattern of alternating vertical lines that seem to take on the colors that were dominant on the screen at the time, but this is not always the case. Most of the time it is alternating white and grey lines.
    When the computer is restarted, Windows reports no error in the action center, however the event log seems to indicate the problem is being reported to MS. When the dump is viewed in BlueScreenView, there is no information other than a generic 124 STOP.

Video of "Blue Screen"

:)

MrFox, Feb 3, 2016

2. BSOD Error 124

Hi, I have uploaded the minidump and MSinfo32 to the attached link

Laptop Issue – Google Drive

Kind Regards

Ciaran

Ciaran Murphy_54, Feb 3, 2016
  3. BSOD Error 124

The error code BCC124 is usually hardware error and your dump file proves to be no different:

Error : BUSLG_OBS_ERR_*_NOTIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 4)

This means a BUS Error was observed by the processor.

General BCC124 Guide:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

But Thankfully, yours actual error is not a Hardware error. This seems to be an issue created by a recent Windows update for AMD based systems.

I have seen many customers regarding this issue.

The only current fix is to disable fast startup:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-o...

Let us know if you need any other assistance.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 3, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
    A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
    For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.
    I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
    If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.
    Code: <ActivePartialProductKey>H8Q99</ActivePartialProductKey> <ActiveProductKeyPid2>00326-30000-00001-AA194</ActiveProductKeyPid2> <OSVersion>10.0.10586.2.00010300.0.0.101</OSVersion> <ProductName>Windows 10 Home</ProductName> <ProcessorArchitecture>x64</ProcessorArchitecture> <EditionId>Core</EditionId> <BuildLab>10586.th2_release.160104-1513</BuildLab> <TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone> <ActiveSkuId>58e97c99-f377-4ef1-81d5-4ad5522b5fd8</ActiveSkuId> <ActiveSkuDescription>Windows(R) Operating System, VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel</ActiveSkuDescription> <ProductUniquenessGroups>55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f</ProductUniquenessGroups> <ActiveProductKeyPKeyId>ae873c9e-b027-0fe8-784b-4e1560302bd3</ActiveProductKeyPKeyId> <ActiveProductKeyPidEx>03612-03263-000-000001-03-1033-10586.0000-0022016</ActiveProductKeyPidEx> <ActiveProductKeyChannel>Volume:GVLK</ActiveProductKeyChannel> <ActiveVolumeCustomerPid>05426-00152-339-394523-03-1033-9200.0000-3402015</ActiveVolumeCustomerPid> <OfflineInstallationId>406914298376526602131044872441992410814805425660360985835713200</OfflineInstallationId> <DomainJoined>false</DomainJoined>[/quote] Forum rules

axe0, Feb 4, 2016
  5. MrFox Win User
    Wait what? I didn't know that was installed. My product key was rejected and I was told it could be fixed, but apparently this was their solution.

Is there any way to uninstall this or do I just have to find a new install? I have what I was told was a legit copy of win 7, but no key.

MrFox, Feb 4, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
  7. MrFox Win User
    Thank you, sorry for wasting your time with a cracked version. You did really help though. I'll come back if the problem persists.

I assume I can use an inactivated (but legit) copy to troubleshoot until I manage to buy a key?

MrFox, Feb 4, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Yes, but your system will lockup when the grace period is over (the period that gives you the time to activate)

axe0, Feb 4, 2016
  9. MrFox Win User
    Alright, I finally got a good copy of Windows 10. Got the same BSOD twice since the fresh install, but for some reason there is only one dmp. This time I got the crash while watching YouTube. I was starting to think this only happened when in fullscreen, but I had a BSOD while in Minecraft windowed.

All information above is still relevent and the attached file has been updated.

I did try poking around in the AMD settings, and was able to make the BSOD occur less often, but also less predictably.

MrFox, Feb 28, 2016
  10. MrFox Win User
    Hello again, and sorry for the late reply, things have been very hectic lately. I ran every test above and had no errors occur whatsoever. It has been months since I have encountered a Blue Screen as well, though I haven't been playing much. The only thing I didn't do was an extensive burn-in on the GPU or CPU. I ran each test for about two hours. Not sure what to do now, as I wouldn't call this "solved" since nothing has been changed. Any suggestions for further testing? Should I just leave it be until it crashes again?

MrFox, Apr 12, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Yes, it would be useless to keep trying things while the problem may be gone.

12. MrFox Win User
    Welp, it happened again. This time while playing Overwatch Beta. It happened about 4 hours into gameplay. I checked and all components were plenty cool. BlueScreenView is giving me the same error:
    Attachment 78343
    Here are the drivers:
    Attachment 78344
    It is worth noting that other than a longer sturtup time, Windows reports noting after these crashes...

I tried removing a couple fans (as I had 7 total, not including GPU fans), so maybe that'll do something. Other than that I'm at a loss. I appreciate your ongoing help here, any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks again.

MrFox, May 5, 2016
  13. MrFox Win User

For some reason I can't delete this, so I just edited it to say this, woot.

MrFox, May 5, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Delete what?

Is the BIOS up to date?

15. MrFox Win User
    No idea if it is up to date..... Current version is 113-C6310100-X00

MrFox, May 6, 2016
Thema:

1. (Updated) BSOD For unspecified 124 STOP - Similar Threads - Updated BSOD unspecified

2. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello My PC has been randomly for a couple of days already crashing mostly when I left a game on background running, please adviseDesktop specsCPU: Intel I7-7700K Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PLUSGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec Value:...
  3. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have a minidump that I'll post hopefully someone with more insight can understand what's going on. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of...
  4. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have a minidump that I'll post hopefully someone with more insight can understand what's going on. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of...
  5. BSOD Error 124

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error 124: I have had multiple WHEA BSOD's on my desktop, that I built. After I started getting these errors I inspected all hardware connections on the pc. I have used windows debugger to look at the dump files and am not sure what to conclude from what I have seen. Is this crash...
  6. BSOD Error 124

BSOD Error 124: I have had multiple WHEA BSOD's on my desktop, that I built. After I started getting these errors I inspected all hardware connections on the pc. I have used windows debugger to look at the dump files and am not sure what to conclude from what I have seen. Is this crash...
  7. BSOD Error 124

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. BSOD Error 124

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error 124: I've recently bought a PC and Windows 11 was already installed. Ive been ruining into problems were my system crashes. I have used windows debugger to look at the dump files and am not sure what to conclude from them. Is this crash driver or hardware related?I think it is...
  9. BSOD Error 124

BSOD Error 124: I've recently bought a PC and Windows 11 was already installed. Ive been ruining into problems were my system crashes. I have used windows debugger to look at the dump files and am not sure what to conclude from them. Is this crash driver or hardware related?I think it is...
  10. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Hello, I've been getting crashes/restarts on my pc since I did some upgrades. only seems to crash while playing games-1-2 times on 2019 cod and bsod on Wolfenstein new order. Replaced gpu 2 months ago but has worked fine. replaced Mobo/cpu b550 msi edge gaming wifi, 5800x cpu...