Windows 10: Updated Defender Antimalware Client

Discus and support Updated Defender Antimalware Client in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just got an update thru Windows Update. Appears the Antimalware Client for Defender has been updated, and the Base # for the defender definitions has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by f14tomcat, Dec 6, 2017.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Updated Defender Antimalware Client

Just got an update thru Windows Update. Appears the Antimalware Client for Defender has been updated, and the Base # for the defender definitions has been bumped up.

Updated Defender Antimalware Client [​IMG]

:)

f14tomcat, Dec 6, 2017
  2. Bhargav_ Win User

How to manually download the latest version of Windows Defender antivirus antimalware client version?

I am aware that windows defender antivirus antimalware client version automatically download itself to the latest version as a part of windows updates. But i have paused windows updates for 35 days. Is there a way to manually download the latest antimalware
    client version now?

Bhargav_, Dec 6, 2017
  3. Jsssssssss, Dec 6, 2017
  4. BRU
    bru Win User

UI (old) is different, no? And is Malwarebytes considered my AV? That's all I have beside Defender. I thought previously I had Real Time from Defender too.

5. f14tomcat Win User
    That ui looks like it's the old one from AU. What version of Windows are you on, if I may ask.

f14tomcat, Dec 6, 2017
  6. BRU
    bru Win User
    Yeah weird. One one computer Defender was telling me it was not on and then I noticed the UI. Just checked and I have it the same on two computers, the third has the old (new?) one. All three are 1703 Build 15063.726
    Two that look like this are Antimalware Client Version: 4.12.17007.17123 Other is 4.11.15063.447. That one shows Realtime Protection "on" but has the same setup with Malwarebytes. So what's going on? Can't turn on RTP without disabling MBAM it seems.

7. Got it, Thanks!, so far not minding Defender for once lol, noticed Secondlife FIrestorm viewer is rezzing up faster than previously when I used Avast 17.8,

AMDMan2016, Dec 6, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Bru, I'm not real sure, but looks like you've got one system (the 15063 CU) a little out of whack! MBAM and Defender worked in harmony all thru the last days of 15063, and still do now in 16199 (FCU). Suggest you check out all your updates. That 15063.447 sounds out-of-date, but I don't have one to look at.

f14tomcat, Dec 6, 2017
  9. BRU
    bru Win User
    edit: Had to change a setting in Malwarebytes and its now correct. But still different than the other computer. Seems sorted well enough.

10. Bree New Member
    The old UI is still there in 1703 and 1709, it's just well hidden. You car run both if you like.

*Arrow Create Windows Defender Antivirus Shortcut in Windows 10

There's a bug in 1709 though - you have to 'run as administrator' if you want to look at quarantined or detected items, else it reports 'Error loading type library/DLL.'

Well, would you believe it. This update has fixed that bug too. *Smile

11. BRU
    bru Win User
    Oh is that what you meant by "old" UI. Yeah I have a shortcut to it.

Problem was Defender Real-time protection got turned off. Had to change a setting on Malwarebytes to reenable it. One of the two programs did it, my guess is it was Defender.

12. Bree New Member
    I didn't have the updated Defender until just now when I checked for updates in Windows Defender Security Centre. My real- time protection got turned off too while the new version of Defender was being installed (big red notifications everywhere *Smile) but it turned itself back on again shortly. I don't have any other AV to get in the way though.

13. jyim89 Win User

For those noticing Defender's real-time service turning off temporarily after a definition update, this is expected after a new client update. Feel free to reach out to me if real-time protection doesn't automatically turn itself back on after a couple of seconds.

jyim89, Dec 7, 2017
  14. BRU
    bru Win User
    If you have Malwarebytes Premium running its own Real-time protection Defender's Real-time will not turn back on. You have to change a setting MBAM.

Settings>Windows Action Center>Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center needs to be selected

15. f14tomcat Win User
    I'm not sure why you need to do that. It has never interfered here. After the updates, it remains as set.

f14tomcat, Dec 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Updated Defender Antimalware Client - Similar Threads - Updated Defender Antimalware

2. What is the latest version of the Windows Defender Antimalware Client for Windows 8.1 please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the latest version of the Windows Defender Antimalware Client for Windows 8.1 please: Hi EveryoneCan anyone confirm what is the latest version of the Windows Defender Antimalware Client for Windows 8.1 please? We are on Antimalware Client Version: 4.10.209.0 but there seem to be newer versions available perhaps for Windows 10. If anyone can clarify it would be...
  3. windows 10 antimalware client version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 antimalware client version: Hello So windows updated my antimalware client to version 4.18.2103.3 now i have a process called Microsoft Malware Protection Copy Accelerator Utility that is constantly running since MpCopyAccelerator.exe file location C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows...
  4. Windows Defender AV - Antimalware client version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender AV - Antimalware client version: [ATTACH] Hi all I do Windows security patching for my Win 10 machines via SCCM. My computers are not allowed to go to the internet to download any updates. I don't have Endpoint protection site system role installed I use a third party antivirus software I have a...
  5. Update for Windows Defender antimalware platform

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update for Windows Defender antimalware platform: Your recent update is preventing our Win10 machine from working. It boots eventually and them hangs. Inspection via 'task manager' identifies Win defender as the issue. This is your recommended fix...
  6. Antimalware Client Version Update

Antimalware Client Version Update: Hi Team, Can you please let me know how to update Antimalware Client Version in Windows Defender AV? I tried the steps in below link, but still Antimalware Client Version is not getting updated. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/defenderupdates...
  7. Updating Antimalware Client Version

Updating Antimalware Client Version: Hi Team, We have come across a recent vulnerability in Microsoft Windows Defender. the Solution of the vulnerability is to update the Windows Defender Antimalware Client. Can you please let us know how to update the Windows Defender Antimalware client in Windows 10...
  8. Antimalware Platform for Windows Defender update

Antimalware Platform for Windows Defender update: The antimalware platform for Windows Defender has been updated today to v4.18.1910.4 You can get it here at Microsoft's Catalog: x86. x64 ARM64 I hope I am not mistaken and that is the correct order: Check file details for architecture. 143395
  9. New Defender Antimalware Client Version

New Defender Antimalware Client Version: Finally received the new Defender Antimalware Client Version 4.18.1908.7 which cures the sfc /scannow errors which have been widely reported in these forums in various threads. Ran sfc /scannow -- no integrity violations found. The new version is also on the Microsoft Update...
  10. Defender antimalware client update

Defender antimalware client update: In Windows 10 version 1709, os build 16299.192, checking for updates shows a new update for the Windows Defender antimalware platform, to version 4.12.17007.18011 [img] Installed without a problem, no restart required. Defender before updating... [img]...