Windows 10: Updated drivers app will not run on Windows 10

Discus and support Updated drivers app will not run on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am looking for guidance on an issue that I have just started having again. 3 years ago I started seeing what I assume is the BSOD and after having to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tzxlyd, Jun 17, 2018.

1. tzxlyd Win User

Updated drivers app will not run on Windows 10

I am looking for guidance on an issue that I have just started having again. 3 years ago I started seeing what I assume is the BSOD and after having to do a custom install of windows 10 to get to the most current version of 1803 the problem has appeared again. Yesterday and today when I have restarted my computer I get an error message that says your computer has run into a problem we are collecting information and will restart. There is what look like a upc code on the screen and I believe the message says to look at /stop code -- I am not sure if that was Microsoft.com or windows.com /stop code.

I have a Sony Vaio that was initially loaded with Windows 7 and following assistance from the windows seven forum in 2015 it was suggested to me that I upgrade to windows 10. I believe one of the solutions that was offered to me to follow was for me to uninstall and then re-install my laptop's hard drive so that is what I did. That obviously fixed the problem and I did not see the error message again for 3 years. I reached out on this forum more than a few weeks ago for assistance with my windows 10 update problem but never received a response so I contacted windows support. The windows support team instructed me to do the custom install because they said I have numerous corrupt files and there was no other option.

Because I have seen the error message that I mentioned above that I believe is the stop code error message I have tried to make sure I have the latest driver for my drive. When I download the driver updates that are referenced on the Sony website I get an error message that says the app cannot run on my PC and to contact the software publisher. I suspect that the problem is based upon the incompatibility of my computer now that it is running windows 10 and the website download is for windows 7. Is there a solution to my problem that is short of me paying Sony hundreds of dollars just to ensure I have the most current driver update? I am not certain but I believe I did try to update the driver prior to my upgrade to windows ten -- I believe the update that I downloaded said I had the most current driver for my computer. I show that I have all of the drivers on an external drive from June 24, 2015, that were located on the Sony website but they will not load on my current version of windows.

Is there anything I can do to make sure I have the most current drivers on my computer after my upgrade to windows 10?

:)

tzxlyd, Jun 17, 2018
  2. Hood Win User

Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 18, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jun 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Updated drivers app will not run on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Updated drivers app

2. Window 10 App store no running

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Window 10 App store no running: I just reset my Window 10 notebook to the factory setting. After the set up finish, I tried to open the Microsoft App Store to look for apps but there is a screen pop up saying "Something happened at our end. Waiting a bit might help." I tried to refresh the page, it is still...
  3. Window 10 App store no running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 App store no running: I just reset my Window 10 notebook to the factory setting. After the set up finish, I tried to open the Microsoft App Store to look for apps but there is a screen pop up saying "Something happened at our end. Waiting a bit might help." I tried to refresh the page, it is still...
  4. Can't run Windows 10 apps.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't run Windows 10 apps.: i can't run the Your Phone app. It gives me the error:There is a problem with Your Phone. Reinstall the app from its original install location or contact your administrator.says the same for some other apps. for example weather, news, voice recorder, camera, calendar or...
  5. Micophone Won't run other apps but it run in skype and I already update the driver and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Micophone Won't run other apps but it run in skype and I already update the driver and...: I am having trouble with my microphone. The Microphone runs smoothly in Skype but when I tried to run it on Discord or Zoom, it's says it's not detected even though I have already settings the app. Need help.....
  6. This app can't run on this device Windows 10 Update Assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This app can't run on this device Windows 10 Update Assistant: [ATTACH] I get this appearing on screen after boot up. Then it will randomly appear while the PC is running. If I walk away I can come back and see 45+ windows with this error message have appeared and I need to close them. It is affecting my PC performance and...
  7. Windows 10 Modern Apps not Running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Modern Apps not Running: So, I am using Windows 10 Version 1909. When I try to open Modern Windows Apps like the Settings, Microsoft Store, or The Xbox app which are based on the Windows Universal Platform, I get an error from explorer.exe and the message says "class not registered." I need to know...
  8. Windows 10 update: checking for updates runs and runs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update: checking for updates runs and runs: I went to Settings|Windows Update and tried checking for updates. The app runs and runs. I downloaded and ran the update checker tool. It hung up on "pending reboot" and ran and ran and ran. There is no obvious pending reboot. What can I do to get Windows Update running? I...
  9. Windows 10 running issue after an app update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 running issue after an app update: Hello all, I'm trying to fix my next door neighbors Win 10 (home) desktop issue. So this much I know.... sometime around 12/18 the pc was doing an app update (AVG) maybe the home owner wasn't home at the time ... the end result was black screen and banner complaining about...
  10. Will Windows 10 apps run on 8.1?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Windows 10 apps run on 8.1?: I'm trying to get an answer! Will Windows 10 apps run on 8.1? 5800