Windows 10: updated Fall Creators update 1709..Pc system still 1703

Discus and support updated Fall Creators update 1709..Pc system still 1703 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have updated Windows 10 1703 to Fall Creators Update 1709 from Windows Update from pc system settings... everything downloaded ok ..no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by treblefree, Oct 17, 2017.

1. updated Fall Creators update 1709..Pc system still 1703

Hello,

I have updated Windows 10 1703 to Fall Creators Update 1709 from Windows Update from pc system settings...
    everything downloaded ok ..no error messages of any kind popped up..restarted my pc ...and my apps and desktop settings were not altered and when i checked pc system of which version i have it showed...

Windows 10 Pro 1703 version 15063.674

When i checked windows update again it states 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709'

Ready to download...

I have just done it !

Windows 10 upgrade Assistant states new features need to be installed..

Should i have disabled my anti-virus and try again ?

Help would be appreciated

Thank you

:)

treblefree, Oct 17, 2017
  2. AppoloWZ Win User

WPD Drivers have a warning stating they are not working properly on Windows 10 Creators Update

So I downloaded Fall Creators Update (Version 1709). It broke my pc. The display and keyboard are not working with 1709. Apparently between the version that works for me, 1703, and the 1709 something broke the drivers
    - at least display and KB. Because I can't use the pc I can't tell what else is not working. So I rolled the pc back to 1703.

The concern I have is that I may not be able to block the System Update when Microsoft will push it on my pc which will render it unusable. I saw some complaints on the
    Web indicating display/KB problems for some laptops with Fall Creators Update.

AppoloWZ, Oct 17, 2017
  3. GlenBodie Win User
    Windows Update Troubleshooter can't clear the Windows Updates Folder in Storage

I wanted to download the stand-alone installer for the 1709 Fall Creator's Update.

I went to the Microsoft Update Catalog as you suggested but I couldn't come up with search terms that found what I was looking for.

"Fall Creator's Update" - no hits

Fall Creator's Update - no hits

1709 - 26 pages of hits, looks like all KB items of various sorts

1709 updates - still get 26 pages of hits

Maybe if I knew the KB number associated with this 1703 to 1709 update it would help.

GlenBodie, Oct 17, 2017
  4. updated Fall Creators update 1709..Pc system still 1703

Hi treblefree

A way that is more likely to succeed is to head to the Media Creation Tool, download it, create USB key. Navigate to key and type setup.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

As a side benefit of this process you wind up with bootable media.

This is a OS upgrade. Back up your data off machine, have bootable media that matches your version and create an Image with a product like Mwcrium Reflect.

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 17, 2017
  5. Thank you for reply...just tried again using Windows Upgrade Assistant and this time i disabled my anti-virus and installation went until the last minute when a box appeared stating ' Windows 10 installation failed '....no reason why.

I'll have to wait until the weekend to give another try or wait a few weeks as some other members are having other problems.

I don't want to go through the USB stage as i will probably have to buy again some software as companies will regard this as another installation as licenses are for 1 pc...come to think of it i have another spare pc with Windows 10 pro with hardly any programs on as Macrium messed this spare pc up and i will try to update to Fall on this one and see what happens.

Failing this i will wait...

Thank for reply

treblefree, Oct 17, 2017
  6. There is no charge for Windows 10 on a licensed machine. Even if you have to install clean.

You make the key and you install. One download, simple and clean.

Caledon Ken, Oct 18, 2017
  7. Sorry for delay in reply.I am a bit confused as to USB media creation .The one listed is on Microsoft website shows Windows 10 is this for Fall Update ?

I have successfully installed Fall Update on my spare PC without any problems as it only had Windows 10 Pro with Creators Update operating system and i did not install any other programs.

Now on my main pc on which Fall did not install as it showed error 0x80070005 which has something to do with registry files not correctly installing some file from windows update.

If i back up some data i need on external hardrive and do a PC Refresh or reset solve this issue i am having..would i have to install Anniversary update/ Creators update then update to Fall ?

Thank you

treblefree, Oct 18, 2017
  8. updated Fall Creators update 1709..Pc system still 1703

Windows 10 is supposedly the last name of Windows. Of course how could anybody support a world in which everything was a generic name. So now we talk about names, versions and builds. If you head to the site I gave you today and download the tool, then execute it, it will download the Fall Creators Updated, V1709, build 16299.15. Once its running and you check for updates it should go to 16299.19

The USB key you create.... if you navigate to key and type setup it upgrades, if you boot from it it can perform a clean install.

No you do note need to install AU or CU.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 19, 2017
  9. Hello,
    Well i have managed to solve the problem as to why Fall update did not install correctly..apparently it was a setting within Bullguard Internet Security that prevents suspicious files from altering the registry and classed some files in Fall update as suspicious and quarantined them and it was only out of curiosity that i checked Bullguard Internet Security settings.

So , i uninstalled it and used Windows Defender and Firewall and Fall update installed ok with no error messages.

I will now use Media Creation Tool to make USB for Fall Update.

Thank you for assistance

Have a nice weekend

Bye

treblefree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

updated Fall Creators update 1709..Pc system still 1703

1. updated Fall Creators update 1709..Pc system still 1703 - Similar Threads - updated Fall Creators

2. "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators: In Trainwreck of errors related to seemingly-normal Win10 updates - help! Solved - Windows 10 Forums I posted of my confusion, a problem now solved, about an ASUS laptop that came with Windows 10 installed suddenly being unable to download and install updates. "Net" of that...
  3. Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly: Hi All Not sure if this is a real issue or not, but it shows Other Updates all Failed, is it Related to Avast Free 17.8? or just a Windows 10 Update glitch, or nothing to be concerned about, I can try the update reset if need be 97860
  4. Disable driver update regedit - 1709 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable driver update regedit - 1709 Fall Creators Update: Hello How to turn off driver update via regedit ? os windows 10 fall creatros update 1709 Thank you 99435
  5. Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items: This got to be a bug in version 1709 because despite installing all updates and rebooting many times, after I Unpin From Start from the items from the Start Menu Items list, they reappear after I start up again. Microsoft again, messed up big time on this... See...
  6. Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop: After upgrading window 10 to the Fall UC, i'm having some problems with remote desktop: two pc both with 1709: Sometimes the login stuck and i only see the login image with the user icon but it does not enter the descktop, some other times it ask for password again, it...
  7. Fall Creator's update (1709) broke the program index

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creator's update (1709) broke the program index: I got the Fall Creator’s update recently, and it somehow broke Windows’ indexing of programs. I'm currently on Winver: 1709 (OS Build 16299.64). Before the problem: Windows 10/drive C: is installed on a 250GB SSD, but most programs are installed on a conventional 640 GB...
  8. 1709 Fall Creators Update - System Thread Exception Not Handled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1709 Fall Creators Update - System Thread Exception Not Handled: Tried a few times to install the 1709 creators update. After configuring the update and restarting I get a system thread exception not handled error. In the end Windows restores the previous version. Obviously it leaves me puzzling as to what might have caused the...
  9. Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues

Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues: I am having issues updating from 1703 to 1709, and I could use some help. I used the native Windows Update tool to download 1709. I restarted my computer when prompted to begin the installation. I got about a quarter of the way through the installation when I got a blue...
  10. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324