Windows 10: Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

Discus and support Updated to newest version of Mbam but .... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Still getting the below message on my user account even with Mbam rules downloaded and applied. Doesn't happen on Admin account , i guess i have to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fredc, Oct 11, 2015.

1. fredc Win User

Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

Still getting the below message on my user account even with Mbam rules downloaded and applied. Doesn't happen on Admin account , i guess i have to download Mbam rules for the "user account" as well .

I uninstalled correctly and restarted as requested but still seeing the message after every reboot.

:)

fredc, Oct 11, 2015

2. Please examine this dmp file. BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD! Windows 10

Mbam is causing the problem. You might want to try reinstalling the newest version available

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 11, 2015
  3. genecxc Win User
    updated to newest version of windows 10

After updating to the newest version of windows 10, I ran windows defender QUICK SCAN, which used to take 10 minutes. Today it took 1 hour 40 minutes !!! No threats were found, but I use secure WIFI at a location by my home and my laptop just about
    ran out of battery power waiting for scan to finish !!! I used quick scan, not snail scan !!! Windows needs to address this problem. Who has almost 2 hours to wait for a quick scan !!!! My time is valuable... NOT A HAPPY GUY ............

genecxc, Oct 11, 2015
  4. Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

Hi:

Are you the same person as the OP here, by any chance, because the posts sound identical?*Smile

The LUA issues were supposed to have been fixed with this current version, but AFAIK that particular error message you show is something entirely different (see below).

I know you said you reinstalled, but it's not clear from your post if you used the "best practices" method for a truly clean reinstall. And it sounds as if you did some self-medication by installing mbam-rules, which ought not to be necessary.

To start, if rebooting the system does not fix the error, then I suggest carefully following all the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x.
    Be sure to reboot when the removal tool prompts, and it's a good idea to do so again AFTER the reinstall.

Please note: To work correctly, MBAM Consumer should be installed and configured from a Windows Admin account. It can then be run under other, LUA accounts and the new version should fix the previous issues with LUA updating, etc..

IMPORTANT: The particular error you show in your screenshot CAN be due to the presence of a rootkit, or it could be another security program blocking the driver.
    AFAIK It is NOT related to the LUA updating issues that were on the changelog for version 2.2.0.1024.

SO: Please let us know if that proper clean reinstall does or does not fix the issue. We can go from there.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 12, 2015
  5. fredc Win User
    Yeah, thats me , i mistakenly posted in Win 10 since i ran Win 10 for quite some time and then realized i was using 7 again so i copied and pasted there . My mistake.

I did not do the clean install method because Mbam said to uninstall this way since they keep having to clear my history for installing/un installing too much , i have a lifetime license but they give me crap when i need to contact them and say it's always on the same computer.

I will try a clean install

fredc, Oct 12, 2015
  6. LOL.
    No problem.
    I thought it was a case of deja vu.

Yes, please follow ALL of the steps for a CLEAN REINSTALL and please be sure to reboot again after the reinstall.

Then:
    To minimize confusion, I suggest that we continue over at SF.com here, please.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 12, 2015
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    strange I didn't do any clean install for the new release, and the install went just fine, no errors, and I have 2 lifetime licenses.

OldMike65, Oct 12, 2015
  8. Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

Hi,

No, it's not strange, at all.
    Most users ought to be able to upgrade on top of their existing installation.

The clean reinstall is the first step in basic troubleshooting for users who have problems.
    In this case, there was some "self-medication", as well.

So, a proper clean reinstall ought to clean out any minor corruption, broken settings, etc.
    If it does not, then there is likely something else going on with @fredc's system.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 12, 2015
  9. fredc Win User
    Thanks MM , all is good now with clean install.

fredc, Oct 12, 2015
  10. That's great!

I'm glad that the clean reinstall resolved your issue.

Thanks for letting us know,

MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 12, 2015
  11. fredc Win User
    Thanks so much for your continued superb support and attention with this stuff , you should be commended and i appreciate it greatly.

fredc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

1. Updated to newest version of Mbam but .... - Similar Threads - Updated newest version

2. the newest version of wind

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the newest version of wind: Hello hope u doing well So i installed windows 10 pro and i find out that the version is 1803 and i wnat to download 21h2 (the latest version of windows) I tried to download it from the settings and it didn't update so any solution submitted by /u/houssem21 [link]...
  3. Newest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Newest update: My husband did his updates today and when requested restarted. The friggin thing deleted EVERYTHING on his computer WHAT THE LITERAL HELL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/newest-update/606b5cca-4a12-46bd-b3b8-769f279de559
  4. Cant update to newest Windows version.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant update to newest Windows version.: Hey! I've been running into this problem for a while now but now I need to actually resolve it so I can do something. When I try to update it will get to a point where it will restart and say "Undoing changes made to your device". I have looked in the update history after...
  5. Windows newest Feature update of 1909 version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows newest Feature update of 1909 version: OS build : 18363, version : 1909 I have updated my PC on 18/10/2020. Since then I am facing many problems, They are as follows: 1. My startwindows button won't work cortana, search button. 2. I am not able to access any Window Applications. 3. Moreover, I can't even...
  6. Is there a portable version of MBAM?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a portable version of MBAM?: I would prefer a portable version, but if I have to, I'll download the .exe version of MalwareBytes. Just don't want anything sideloaded when I install. 163854
  7. Is there a portable or at least unbloated version of MBAM?

Is there a portable or at least unbloated version of MBAM?: I would prefer a portable version, but if I have to, I'll download the .exe version of MalwareBytes. Just don't want anything sideloaded when I install. 163854
  8. Newest Drivers not compatible with newest version windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newest Drivers not compatible with newest version windows: Got a major problem today. i just update my GeForce GTX 1050 Ti driver to the latest last week. and just update windows to latest update posible today. and suddenly my graphic drivers is not compitible with windows. i cant reroll to previous version of windows because...
  9. What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version)

What's Wrong With My MBAM? (Paid Version): For the last three or four weeks this has been randomly happening.: [img] [img] Almost daily, and sometimes not for three days. Sometimes multiple times a day. MBAM makes no notice of it and continues to function. I've tried everything I know. Today I've disabled Self...
  10. Graphics card not updating to newest version

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card not updating to newest version: Hi, since the newest version of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, I can't use the GPU performance feature. It tells me that I have an comparable GPU available. Update driver to use GPU performance. The issue is that windows, and intel both say that my drivers are...