Windows 10: Updated to Version 1803, HDMI audio on TV

Discus and support Updated to Version 1803, HDMI audio on TV in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong section. Basically I use Windows 10 64-bit and I just got done with the update to Version 1803. I often hook my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CrashGordon94, May 10, 2018.

1. Updated to Version 1803, HDMI audio on TV

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Basically I use Windows 10 64-bit and I just got done with the update to Version 1803. I often hook my laptop up to my LG TV via HDMI but now the TV audio no longer works, though the PC speakers are fine.

My laptop is an HP Envy TouchSmart, I recently reinstalled the IDT Audio driver (sp63555.exe) and that has the speakers working fine but it won't detect the TV speakers. Tried looking online but couldn't find anything that worked.

Let me know if more details are needed or if this is in the wrong places.

Thanks in advance!

:)

CrashGordon94, May 10, 2018

2. Microsoft Edge interferes with HDMI audio

I stream TV using a browser and connect to TV via HDMI output. Some resent update eliminated the HDMI audio from the output signal. There was no change in the audio driver and the HDMI audio controls seem unaffected but there is no audio output.

To check on whether it is a Microsoft Edge problem I downloaded and installed the Chrome broswer. The HDMI audio works well streaming under Chrome but not Microsoft Edge.

Is there a fix or workaround for HDMI audio under the latest version of Microsoft Edge?

This is very problematic for videostreaming. Thanks

Magicsteveb, May 11, 2018
  3. Failed to Play Test Tone, after use of Netflix with HDMI to TV.

Windows 10 version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64)

HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertable PC

Yes this is the first time the Samsung TV was connected to this PC. Infact the HDMI audio to the TV did not work when first connected, but began functioning after rebooting with the HDMI cable connected to PC and TV.

After disconnecting the PC from the TV and HDMI and rebooting several times I was browsing YouTube and when trying to play a video there was no PC audio to the speakers or out the audio jack or USB port. Also no audio from Media Player when playing mp3s.

I was using Troubleshoot when I got the "Failed to Play Test Tone" message. No other errors reported. While trouble shooting found that the Intel Display Audio driver was out dated, and loaded the current. Some time later I heard a the Wins10 startup audio
    but still not getting any more.

A similar situation happened to me earlier with Windows 10 on a different PC. The TV would need to be connected to the PC HDMI then reboot to get TV audio. After viewing the Netflix Movie, disconnect the HDMI and reboot the PC to get the audio back on the
    PC. But this time on the current PC the audio did not return after multiple reboots and maybe a driver update.

I hope this is helpful.

Jim Kandler, May 11, 2018
Thema:

Updated to Version 1803, HDMI audio on TV

1. Updated to Version 1803, HDMI audio on TV - Similar Threads - Updated Version 1803

2. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  3. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  4. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. KB5003637 update - after update, no audio to TV from HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KB5003637 update - after update, no audio to TV from HDMI cable: I just updated KB5003637. And after the update, the previous TV display audio is missing. I can't find the device anymore. So, I uninstalled this update and the TV display audio is back. But the Windows Update is automatic. So, I have to uninstall this update everytime it...
  6. hdmi to tv

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi to tv: i cant see all of my screen it seem that it is streched both top and bottem cant see the bottem half of my task bare https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-to-tv/17330edf-3ace-49fa-8d45-1a831895338b
  7. Issue: Audio not passing through to HDMI on to TV

Issue: Audio not passing through to HDMI on to TV: Hi, So, I am new this here and I am not entirely sure if this is the correct place to put this. I encountered this issue about 4 months ago and just haven't bothered to try seeking further help after trying to resolve the issue myself and then searching through 100's of...
  8. No audio on HDMI PC to tv

No audio on HDMI PC to tv: I do not understand nor do I know why my smart TV won't properly connect to my PC. My older tv works perfectly to my pc. The hdmi cable is new. I even tried a dvi cord and a display port cord, same issue. The smart TV and PC are both brand new so I don't understand why a...
  9. Audio via HDMI to TV

Audio via HDMI to TV: My friend could switch off his LG TV and still listen tomusic from a video playing on his Acer Aspire E15 via HDMI on the TV before he updatedWindows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update now he is unable to hear the musicfrom the video on the Acer Aspire E15 laptop on the TV...
  10. Laptop HDMI to TV: video but no audio

Laptop HDMI to TV: video but no audio: Okay. I'm having one heck of a time trying to get this thing to work. I recently purchased a new Asus laptop running Windows 10. I have it plugged in to an HDMI switcher which, in turn, runs to my TV. Now the problem is I am getting no audio from my TV speakers, but the video...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. No HDMI signal after WIN update 1803

2. window 10 1803 no sound out of HDMI port

3. lg tv windows 10 version 1803 edges off

4. windows 10 version 1803 hdmi not working,
  5. hp m6 k025dx not working sub woofer