Windows 10: updated to W10 1607 and have a bitdefender problem

Discus and support updated to W10 1607 and have a bitdefender problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After updating to W10 anniversary, all seemed to go successfully. Now my AV program Bitdefender 2016 Total Security is stuck in game mode. I have been... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by keithet, Sep 22, 2016.

1. keithet Win User

updated to W10 1607 and have a bitdefender problem

After updating to W10 anniversary, all seemed to go successfully. Now my AV program Bitdefender 2016 Total Security is stuck in game mode. I have been unable to go back to autopilot. I do NOT game on my computer and have so far got nothing back from Bitdefender support. It's like I am sending requests to their "Cosmic Wastebasket". Any ideas on "what's the problem"?

Keith

:)

keithet, Sep 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 Mail Not Working

Mine- and for many of you would be the same- is a problem with the antivirus. Had Bitdefender on 8.1 then upgraded to 10. Mail, Outlook didn't work. Googled it and found issues with W10!and Bitdefender ( amongst other antivirus software) . Requested a call
    back from MS and although initially they couldn't fix it, they escalated it to a level 2 and that was sorted. Then went to Bitdefender website and followed their instruction on removing the old version of Bitdefender ( tried the uninstall on my own but that
    didn't work) - with their unistaller it worked, then installed the W10 compatible version of it ( that was 10 days after the launch of W10). Since then I have had no other issues whatsoever. MS have been good with their call back, calling exactly at the time
    they said and Bitdefender were great as well by acknowledging the issue and finding a quick fix.

Hope this helps somewhat.

bogdananastasescu, Sep 22, 2016
  3. Win 10 anniversary upgrade problem

Bitdefender uninstalled, re-booted and Windows Update run but same result again.

Could the problem be updates out of sequence?

is 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607' the milenium update? I delayed that on this machine.

Probabilityman, Sep 22, 2016
  4. updated to W10 1607 and have a bitdefender problem

Hi:

Major OS changes (such as OS upgrades and system rollbacks) can break many applications, especially security programs.
    That's why both MS and many security software vendors recommend the "best practice" of temporarily uninstalling their program before undertaking an OS update or system restore.

I suggest a proper clean uninstall and reinstall of BD, following the steps in this tutorial, and using the special BD removal tool provided there:

How to uninstall Bitdefender 2016

Please let us know if that resolves your issue,

MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 22, 2016
  5. keithet Win User
    I uninstalled Bitdefender Total Security 2016. Then I tried to reinstall it but got the latest version Bitdefender Total security 2017 instead. I want the same one I uninstalled but don't know how to get it. I have my old activation code and have 500 days left on the subscription. Any guidance would be appreciated!

keithet, Sep 23, 2016
  6. Hi:

With most of the major security applications, upgrades to the current version are free during your valid license period.

I do not personally use BD, but you may be able to locate a page at the BD site for "older versions".
    For Kaspersky (my AV), it takes a bit of digging around to find such a link on their site.
    I am not familiar with BD or whether they offer links to their older program versions.
    Sometimes it depends on your location, as well.

Perhaps someone familiar with BD will know where to look...
    More info here:
    http://www.bitdefender.com/support/c...-security-2016

As a general safety rule, I would consider downloading BD Total Security 2016 ONLY from a valid BD web page, not a 3rd-party hosting site or other source.

Hope this helps,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 23, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

updated to W10 1607 and have a bitdefender problem

1. updated to W10 1607 and have a bitdefender problem - Similar Threads - updated W10 1607

2. W10 update problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 update problems: The last W10 update has caused all sorts of problems. Tried to undo the update, get the message "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later". Tried a system restore, that only shows one restore point, the one before the update and resulted in, could not complete....
  3. w10 update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w10 update problems: Hi. I am trying to update my W10. Many times now, i have downloaded it, and it fails during installation, at about the 35% mark. I get an error code of 0x80070002. I have been through trouble-shooting about 3 times now. Can anyone offer advice on this please?...
  4. Am I having a W10 Update problem

Am I having a W10 Update problem: I bought a new Acer Aspire W10 computer 3 weeks ago. (It has an SSD if that matters). Anyway, when I go to check update, it says up to date, yet my winver is 1803. Shouldn't I have a later version. (It did d/l an update for 1803) Mel...
  5. WSUS updates and defender definition updates problem with W10 LTBS 1607

WSUS updates and defender definition updates problem with W10 LTBS 1607: Hello, Environment A number of windows 10 PRO are running and WSUS properly provides updates for them. Recently a number of Dell 5070 WES clients with preinstalled W10 IOT (current version is W10 LTBS 1607 Enterprise edition) have been deployed. Settings for WSUS In...
  6. "A problem occurred... Bitdefender Threat..."

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "A problem occurred... Bitdefender Threat...": Windows 10, Lenovo P50 I didn't buy the software. I didn't knowingly download the software and I certainly didn't install the software. Bitdefender does not appear in Programs/Uninstall. It does does appear in the active programs list. A Search Everything search only...
  7. W10 update to 1607 keeps failing, stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 update to 1607 keeps failing, stuck at 0%: Hi, so I have been struggling to update my Windows 10 install to the Anniversary update for quite some time now. I am still running build 1511instead of 1607. The update keeps just hanging at 0% for whatever reason. Attached you will see a screengrab of the error code it...
  8. Windows update log problem in 1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update log problem in 1607: In Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 @dalchina advised... You could try reading the Windows update log... https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/902093 ...which is good advice for the OP who was on 12040. However, being curious (and not...
  9. Updated to 1607 and have taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated to 1607 and have taskbar problems: When I turn on my computer it boots ok and displays the task bar as expected. If I press power, restart the taskbar is empty. If I then shutdown the system and turn the power back on, the taskbar is populated like I expect. I can repeat this sequence and the same thing...
  10. W10 Pro x64 1607 For businesses

W10 Pro x64 1607 For businesses: Good Afternoon All, My company is looking at migrating to W10 from W7. I spent a lot of time on my workstation cleaning off the consumer oriented junk, and closing all the nefarious spyware/telemetry. I signed up for the W10 Enterprise edition trial and threw it in a VM,...