Windows 10: Updated to windows 10 while connected to my tv via hdmi

Discus and support Updated to windows 10 while connected to my tv via hdmi in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, I updated my windows 7 acer to windows 10 while i was connected to my tv screen via hdmi... but now my screen doesnt show up on my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Djrodel, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Djrodel Win User

Updated to windows 10 while connected to my tv via hdmi

Hey guys,
    I updated my windows 7 acer to windows 10 while i was connected to my tv screen via hdmi... but now my screen doesnt show up on my laptop at all. It only shows up once i connect my laptop to my tv via hdmi... so i cant actually use my laptop without my tv screen which is difficult while trying to study... i am desperate to get this fixed... if anyone has any ideas please let me know

:)

Djrodel, Apr 23, 2016
  2. ΑΧ Win User

Unable to connect to wireless display (Miracast) after upgrading to windows 10 ver 1607

Hi everyone,

Since I have upgrade to windows 10 version 1607 (anniversary edition) I am unable to connect via Miracast to my tv hdmi dongle. I have already done all the necessary updates to system as well as to my tv hdmi dongle. My
    os is windows 10 pro ver 1607.

I was able to connect to tv hdmi dongle ( via Miracast) before upgrading with the same os windows 10 pro.

Any idea?

Antonis

3. After update, no connection to tv

After I have updated to Windows 10 I cannot connect my laptop to my tv via HDMI. Anyone knows?

JasonD-_-99, Apr 23, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Win+P key. Select PC Screen or Second Screen only options - whichever goes to the laptop screen.

NavyLCDR, Apr 23, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Try the Function key to switch the monitor setting. from Laptop to external. Your laptop thinks that it is still connected to the tv and is holding onto the profile for the screen settings, which 10 has a nasty habit of doing.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Updated to windows 10 while connected to my tv via hdmi - Similar Threads - Updated while connected

2. Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi: My Lenovo desktop runs the word "lenovo" on switching on then a bluescreen follows after connecting to my TV using a hdmi, but other desktops are working fine on my TV. My desktop still works on another TV but not on my own TV. Kindly help....
  3. Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi: My Lenovo desktop runs the word "lenovo" on switching on then a bluescreen follows after connecting to my TV using a hdmi, but other desktops are working fine on my TV. My desktop still works on another TV but not on my own TV. Kindly help....
  4. connection to tv via hdmi isnt working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connection to tv via hdmi isnt working: I have tried both of the hdmi ports on my tv to my computer but it hasnt worked, the hdmi cord is brand new when I ask the computer to search for the device it says it cant detect it even though the tv is on the correct port is it the hdmi cable or is it something else?...
  5. laptop not connecting to tv via hdmi after update

laptop not connecting to tv via hdmi after update: it connects sometimes but when i start a movie it disconects https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-connecting-to-tv-via-hdmi-after-update/e2ed1534-e6e1-416f-ae75-3de35ab92050
  6. How to connect Windows 10 Laptop to TV or Projector via HDMI

in Windows 10 News
    How to connect Windows 10 Laptop to TV or Projector via HDMI: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Connecting a Windows Laptop to TV or a Projector is usually straight forward. However, it might be a bit of a learning curve for those who are planning to do it for the first time. In this post, we will [...] This post How to connect Windows 10 Laptop to TV...
  7. PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable: I have connected my Tablet PC to my smart TV with the correct cable but have so far not got them working together. On the TV I have enabled HDMI and selected the right port, but have not found any relevant settings on the PC. Plus the advice I have found online has not...
  8. How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV?

How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV?: How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-the-laptop-display-via-hdmi-to-the/2e340e25-a93b-46a2-8192-66928ee5d4d3
  9. Audio via HDMI to TV

Audio via HDMI to TV: My friend could switch off his LG TV and still listen tomusic from a video playing on his Acer Aspire E15 via HDMI on the TV before he updatedWindows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update now he is unable to hear the musicfrom the video on the Acer Aspire E15 laptop on the TV...
  10. Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI: When I connect them the PC doesn't even detect it, and the TV just says no signal, even though I allowed it in the TV settings. My video card is a Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 with the latest drivers installed and it supports the resolution of the TV. Also, it says PC Input on...