Windows 10: Updated win 10 now can't login

Discus and support Updated win 10 now can't login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I did updates and now I can't logon to the PC. I did not setup a MS account when I got the machine and used only a password to the PC and had not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jackman33, May 24, 2017.

1. Jackman33 Win User

Updated win 10 now can't login

I did updates and now I can't logon to the PC. I did not setup a MS account when I got the machine and used only a password to the PC and had not problems.

:)

Jackman33, May 24, 2017
  2. Pabenjam Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 disabled my laptop keyboard (Lenovo X1 Carbon)

I can login, but once I login, my keyboard is disabled and I can't figure out how to get it working. My laptop is pretty much a dud right now because of the Win 10 update. Does anyone have a fix?

Pabenjam, May 24, 2017
  3. Passord issues

I've upgraded to win 10 creators version and now I can't login with my hotmail password or my fingerprint

Chrisinfl123, May 24, 2017
  4. Updated win 10 now can't login

Hi Jackman33

Have to help us here. If you could explain "can't logon" other than the obvious.

Are you getting the locked screen or is it black?

Are you not getting password box?

Does the box appear but won't let you enter info or it lets you enter but refuses to accept?

Thanks

Caledon Ken, May 24, 2017
  5. Jackman33 Win User
    I'm sorry I didn't make it very clear. After I updated and the PC booted up I got the lock screen and the box to enter the password. Entered the old password and it would not accept it. Told me to go to account.live and update the password.

Now after many tries, I removed the battery, it was a laptop by the way and not a PC and re-installed the battery and now is just fine. Again I am sorry I did not make my self a little more clear.

Jackman33, May 24, 2017
  6. No problem. Interesting, removing a battery allows the logon to complete. Not sure how you put those two together but I will have to remember that for future threads. Thanks for sharing.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 25, 2017
  7. Landi Win User
    Used to have same problem with my sister laptop, but luckily we already login to our Live account. We are upgrading the windows to 10 and many people seems to have same problem.

Landi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Updated win 10 now can't login

1. Updated win 10 now can't login - Similar Threads - Updated can't login

2. win 10 login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    win 10 login: asking to use Microsoft Login which I have never used. now getting message "you've requested too many codes today. please try again tomorrow". How can I get a code if the email is on the computer I am trying to log in to?...
  3. win 10 login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 login: asking to use Microsoft Login which I have never used. now getting message "you've requested too many codes today. please try again tomorrow". How can I get a code if the email is on the computer I am trying to log in to?...
  4. Win 11 update now asking for pin login, no password option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 update now asking for pin login, no password option: After a windows 11 update my laptop is asking for a pin. I don't have a pin just a password. There is no option to change how I log in. I've tried safe mode and the pin is still required. I'm completely locked out of my laptop...
  5. Can't update WIN 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update WIN 10: I have been trying as far back as 8/16/20 according to my update history to install 2 updates. KB4571756 which fails with this error code 0x800f081f KB4566782 which fails with this error code 0x8024200d I'm still on version 2004 Build 19041.329 I'm aware that this has...
  6. Win 10 update, now no sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 update, now no sound: No sound after update. Tried all MS suggestions, still no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-update-now-no-sound/d64548d5-b609-4b7d-aeba-4b8605d81437
  7. Can't Login Win 10

Can't Login Win 10: I have recently updated my desktop just a normal minor thing - not from win 8 or anything. Since then I haven't been able to login. I get to the wallpaper page and can click with both mouse and keyboard to proceed to password. But here I am unable to do anything - mouse can...
  8. Windows 10 recent update/ now I can't login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 recent update/ now I can't login: Hey, my laptop just had some updates about 4 days ago (i am using windows 10) .. once the updates were done, the next day I tried getting on but it says my password is incorrect (when I know it is in fact correct) so I'm not sure on what to do and I really need help because I...
  9. Win 10 - can't remove login password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 - can't remove login password: I recently had an OS meltdown and had to reinstall Windows 10 . The image I downloaded from Dell is apparently newer than the install I replaced: I tried to get rid of my login password using netplwiz, which I had done successfully in my previous installation. However, in the...
  10. Win 10 updated but cannot login

Win 10 updated but cannot login: I have just had a Win10 update today and now cannot log on to my computer. I have a password which is not recognized and there is not now the facility to put the pin number in. Can anyone help?...