Windows 10: Updates always reset menu fonts back to 9

Discus and support Updates always reset menu fonts back to 9 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I don't like menu font size being 9 as the normal settings, due to vision issues I have to reset size to 12 bold for all values; title... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by oldyeller38, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Updates always reset menu fonts back to 9

I don't like menu font size being 9 as the normal settings, due to vision issues I have to reset size to 12 bold for all values; title bar-menus-message boxes-palette titles-icons & tool tips. Is there a registry hack whereby I can set these values once and for all? Every time I get new updates on this computer it screws up these settings.

:)

oldyeller38, Oct 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 Text Size Issue

Hi,

I am using a Lenovo Z51 laptop with an AMD switchable graphics. I also upgraded to Windows 10.

I want to keep the text size of the title bars, menus, and icons to font 9 in the advanced sizing of text settings. However, after a while the text size changes to font 15 and again I will reset it to font 9 but the issue keeps on.

Can anyone help me out with this problem?

Thanks.

RAY ANNCAGAMPANG, Oct 5, 2016
  3. text too small, when I reset it, it ends up reverting back to smaller numbers

font suddenly appeared too small, resetting the sizes didn't help. When I turn off the computer, it goes back to the smaller number, which is impossible to read!

I set every one of them to 12, it insists on resetting to 9.

Barbara Kirchner, Oct 5, 2016
Thema:

Updates always reset menu fonts back to 9

1. Updates always reset menu fonts back to 9 - Similar Threads - Updates always reset

2. Windows Never Updates. Always Reverts Back to 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Never Updates. Always Reverts Back to 1709: Hello I've been having a really hard time with Windows updates. It seems my computer has been on 1709 for the longest time and it won't update to 1803 or 1809. I keep getting updates for 1709 and they are working but I always have popups and interruptions for 1803 and 1809...
  3. Libraries sorting always reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Libraries sorting always reset: My Libraries sorting always reset when I close that window. I try to sorting group by name and its working only in one time only. After this I closed window and open window again that sorting is gone and it was reset. Then I reformat my PC (Windows version 1803) and its...
  4. Reset to original Fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset to original Fonts: I have Windows 10 I've added new fonts to my Fonts folder under Windows. How can I reset the fonts in this folder to just the originals that came with my computer? OS (D:) > Windows > Fonts > I have also added new fonts under OS (C:) >Users > Cindy > Fonts > Thanks for...
  5. Reset Fonts.

Reset Fonts.: I reccently installed a new font on my PC , but I don't like it anymore , can i somehowreset to the default windows font without reinstalling windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/reset-fonts/a9756b7c-29ad-4382-958f-ee6606bb43c3
  6. Context Menu Fonts

Context Menu Fonts: Upgraded today to the Windows 10 update. Since Windows 7, Windows defaults to the awfull (for my taste at least) Segoe UI font. In Windows 7 and 8 these could still be changed but in Windows 10, Mircrosoft removed that option so the font settings for icons, messages etc are...
  7. Change menu fonts

Change menu fonts: Hi to all, I am using windows 10 and I am trying to change the default fonts of the OS(I think is Segoe UI). I know that has been changed since windows 8, but I was able to change them so far by modifying the keys in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" in...
  8. Search Indexer Always Resetting

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Indexer Always Resetting: Hi, so I noticed that my Search Indexer keeps resetting and starting from scratch. It gets to a very big number of indexed files a few hours later, then resets back to a low number whenever I check it. I went to the Event Viewer and I found what is crashing it: The search...
  9. is it possible to always boot to the menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is it possible to always boot to the menu: I've a ThinkPad t420i with x2 ssd slipped in product page links Lenovo cnet ssd1 win10 ssd2 Ubuntu so what I want to know if it's possible to somehow configure/set my laptop to always boot to the menu where I can specify which ssd to into when I boot my laptop...
  10. Should Microsoft Bring Back the Start Menu in Windows 9? Many Say No

in Windows 10 News
    Should Microsoft Bring Back the Start Menu in Windows 9? Many Say No: Microsoft is very likely to bring back the Start Menu in the next full Windows version, most likely to be called Windows 9, but it turns out that users actually don’t want such a feature in the operating system. As we told you about a few weeks ago, it’s a bit surprising...