Windows 10: Updates and vpn

Discus and support Updates and vpn in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In principle I always use a vpn. In the past I never had problems with the standard regular Windows updates. Recently I get error messages and updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PiKo, Oct 25, 2017.

1. PiKo Win User

Updates and vpn

In principle I always use a vpn. In the past I never had problems with the standard regular Windows updates. Recently I get error messages and updating does not take place. However, when I switch off the vpn, everything gets normal again and updates come in. Something has changed in the MS strategy.

:)

2. Recurring VPN Failure

I have W10 64-bit and try to use the VPN host/server quite a bit. Most of the time, however, I cannot connect from a remote client. I thought it was caused by automatically installed updates. If the VPN quit working, I usually found a new W10 update had
    been installed. I could uninstall it and make the VPN work again. Unfortunately, a day or two later the VPN would fail again. Today, after several unsuccessful connection attempts, I reinstalled the update I had uninstalled about a week ago. Voila! The VPN
    worked again. It occurred to me that, without recognizing it, I had been through this dance before. VPN fails. Uninstall update. VPN works. VPN fails. Reinstall update. VPN works. VPN fails. Uninstall update. VPN works . . . ad exhaustion.

My router log says the incoming request is properly forwarded to port 1723. Nothing shows up in the event viewer when the connection attempts fail. Disabling my anti-virus and firewall doesn't help.

If anyone has any idea what is happening here, your suggestions are certainly welcome.

Bob

WarrenNeufeld, Oct 25, 2017
  3. Windows 10 mobile VPN fixes

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has info on a VPN fix for Windows 10 mobile. I was told by customer support at Hotspot shield VPN, that Microsoft was working on the broken vpn, and to wait for the update to use their VPN. Has anyone heard a statement
    from Microsoft regarding a VPN fix?

WendellBanks, Oct 25, 2017
Thema:

Updates and vpn

1. Updates and vpn - Similar Threads - Updates vpn

2. Install Microsoft Azure VPN app store OFFLINE NOT RECEIVE UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Microsoft Azure VPN app store OFFLINE NOT RECEIVE UPDATE: IS THERE ANY WAY TO INSTALL A MICROSOFT STORE APP AND NOT HAVE IT UPDATE AUTOMATICALLY?Currently for the Microsoft Azure VPN not to receive updates of new versions, we have had to disable by GPO that the computers receive updates from the Microsoft Store. But this is NOT the...
  3. Install Microsoft Azure VPN app store OFFLINE NOT RECEIVE UPDATE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Microsoft Azure VPN app store OFFLINE NOT RECEIVE UPDATE: IS THERE ANY WAY TO INSTALL A MICROSOFT STORE APP AND NOT HAVE IT UPDATE AUTOMATICALLY?Currently for the Microsoft Azure VPN not to receive updates of new versions, we have had to disable by GPO that the computers receive updates from the Microsoft Store. But this is NOT the...
  4. Azure VPN Client "Access denied" error after updating Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VPN Client "Access denied" error after updating Windows 11: Hello.After updating Windows 11 to 22621.2428 a few weeks ago, the Azure VPN Client application stopped working properly. I can't see my previously added connection nor can I import again the .xml file. Also, I get an "Access denied" message in logs:At the same time, I...
  5. Azure VPN Client "Access denied" error after updating Windows 11

Azure VPN Client "Access denied" error after updating Windows 11: Hello.After updating Windows 11 to 22621.2428 a few weeks ago, the Azure VPN Client application stopped working properly. I can't see my previously added connection nor can I import again the .xml file. Also, I get an "Access denied" message in logs:At the same time, I...
  6. Windows 10 update on 22h2 broke VPN functionality

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update on 22h2 broke VPN functionality: Hello, my Windows 10 Pro laptop with version 22h2 had an automatic update this week that broke the built-in vpn functionality. Now when attempting to connect, I get the error: "the l2tp connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during...
  7. Windows 10 update on 22h2 broke VPN functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update on 22h2 broke VPN functionality: Hello, my Windows 10 Pro laptop with version 22h2 had an automatic update this week that broke the built-in vpn functionality. Now when attempting to connect, I get the error: "the l2tp connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during...
  8. Windows 10 update on 22h2 broke VPN functionality

9. Windows 11 Update - Lenovo laptop wifi adaptor speed problem over VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update - Lenovo laptop wifi adaptor speed problem over VPN: Hi There,I need help with a weird issue.I have a Lenovo think book G2 ITL laptop SN: MP22J0KK with windows 11 and ever since the last windows update, when i dial the VPN connection to access Pastel evolution it works really slow or not at all. When i use a cabled ethernet...
  10. Windows 11 Update - Lenovo laptop wifi adaptor speed problem over VPN

Windows 11 Update - Lenovo laptop wifi adaptor speed problem over VPN: Hi There,I need help with a weird issue.I have a Lenovo think book G2 ITL laptop SN: MP22J0KK with windows 11 and ever since the last windows update, when i dial the VPN connection to access Pastel evolution it works really slow or not at all. When i use a cabled ethernet...