Windows 10: Updates cause side-to-side configuration error

Discus and support Updates cause side-to-side configuration error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This problem appears after the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3198586) update. After the update, several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RedT, Nov 14, 2016.

1. RedT Win User

Updates cause side-to-side configuration error

This problem appears after the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3198586) update.

After the update, several applications will not run - the error stating "its side-by-side configuration is incorrect" Deleting the update resolves the problem, but I can't seem to block the update.
    Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16.0 GB memory, 64-bit operating system

(Update doesn't seem to affect my Dell XPS 14 laptop)

How do I fix this issue?

:)

2. Error: Side by side configuration

I tried this, and it still gives the same errors as before.

Royal Elder, Nov 14, 2016
  3. Error: Side by side configuration

My computer refuses to run any applications that try to access files saved to it. I instead get the error:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect." I have tried restoring to a previous state, but I get an error saying that applications are interfering with the process. I have tried downloading the recommended
    Visual C++ update, but I can't run it because it is an application. What do I do?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Royal Elder, Nov 14, 2016
Thema:

Updates cause side-to-side configuration error

1. Updates cause side-to-side configuration error - Similar Threads - Updates cause side

2. Error side-by-side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error side-by-side configuration is incorrect: Hello - My Dell laptop just through an error that "the application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". I have Microsoft 365 installed but use Chrome as my web browser. The error occurred when trying to launch Chrome. I believe this is also...
  3. side by side configuration error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    side by side configuration error: I have recently installed GTA 4 and when I open it, this is the error that is shows, I have tried reinstalling microsoft visual c++ 2015 and checking values in regedit but the problem still persists...
  4. side by side configuration error

side by side configuration error: I have recently installed GTA 4 and when I open it, this is the error that is shows, I have tried reinstalling microsoft visual c++ 2015 and checking values in regedit but the problem still persists...
  5. side by side configuration

side by side configuration: the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-configuration/375110d8-05d1-4c69-8ecc-087f88676162
  6. Side by side configuration error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side by side configuration error: "The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."I cant open some apps because of this "side by side configuration is incorrect", i tried...
  7. side by side configuration error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    side by side configuration error: After I download an update for an application, when I attempt to open the file I get the following error: [ATTACH]Does anyone know what this means? When I download the update on a separate device and port it to my machine by sneakernet it installs nominally....
  8. Side-by-side configuration Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side-by-side configuration Error: Hi All of a sudden when i was using my laptop I started having this "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". And I have tried some of the solutions giving in the internet from trying to install Microsoft Visual C++...
  9. "Side by side configuration" Error

"Side by side configuration" Error: I'm catching this error with almost all of my apps. I can't open word, adobe reader, windows media player and I can't uninstall or install apps/programs. Attached is the exact error I' m getting. I haven't downloaded anything new. Any idea what is causing this? [img]...
  10. Side by Side configuration error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Side by Side configuration error: When I try to open a game, an error comes up saying "The application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect". I already tried download the C++ package but when I try to run it the same thing comes up. I've already tried everything but when I...