Windows 10: updates change network and firewall settings

Discus and support updates change network and firewall settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; this is the 3rd update since installing windows 10, and the 3rd time ms has decided to change networking, anti-virus and firewall settings. each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vega, Jul 23, 2016.

1. vega Win User

updates change network and firewall settings

this is the 3rd update since installing windows 10, and the 3rd time ms has decided to change networking, anti-virus and firewall settings.

each time homegroup is turned on, my home network becomes public, network discovery is turned off, all network security settings are changed (password for sharing turned off, encryption, public settings), windows firewall turned on, Avast firewall disabled, Avast anti-spam disabled, and a lot more.
    these are the most frustrating of the lot, as they require at least 2 reboots once correcting. this never happened with windows 7.
    my windows 10 is a clean install

is there a way to stop this forced setting changes from ms without disabling updates?

thanks in advance

:)

2. Mckjon Win User

Mail app does not sync automatically

Its not a mail issue. Click the windows Defender security center. Click the firewall & network protection. And the click reset. it will then start syncing again. One of the updates has changed your firewall setting to prevent mail from working with
    Microsoft email accounts

Mckjon, Jul 23, 2016
  3. PadreKing Win User
    Remove Public Network form Windows 10 My internet connection speed is now 43 KB

I got nothing but Control Panel Home

Change adapter setings

change advance sharing settings

home group

infared

internet options

Windows Firewall

Network 3 is set to Public network

access type internet

connections Ethernet

Clicking on the only things blue is Ethernet and that gives

Ethernet Status

THERE IS NOTHING TO CLICK ON TO SELECT WORK, HOME OR PUBLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW SINCE NOVEMBER LAST YEAR THIS PC HAS ALWAYS BEEN ON WORK NETWORK! TODAY IT IS NOT!

AND YES IT DOWNLOAD AN UPDATE AFTER INITIALLY COMPLAINING! AND I AM STILL SCREWED OVER!

MY HOME NETWORK IS SECURIED WITH A INDEPENDENT FIREWALL! IT IS PRIVATE! IT IS ALSO MY WORK NETWORK! IT IS PRIVATE!

PadreKing, Jul 23, 2016
Thema:

updates change network and firewall settings

1. updates change network and firewall settings - Similar Threads - updates change network

2. network firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network firewall: does anyone know to turn on network firewall i have hp laptop and on my hp assistant says windows securty not secure. how do i fix that. i have windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-firewall/1e0d7736-5d1a-497a-ab70-d5f434510acc
  3. network firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network firewall: does anyone know to turn on network firewall i have hp laptop and on my hp assistant says windows securty not secure. how do i fix that. i have windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-firewall/1e0d7736-5d1a-497a-ab70-d5f434510acc
  4. Change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the...: I have a Brother MFC-J470DW that I am adding to my HP Compaq 6000 Pro Microtower running on Windows 10 Pro. I don't know how to change the firewall port settings....
  5. network/ firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network/ firewall: I need to configure the local windows firewall on windows 10 computer. which network category needs to have the most stringent rules set? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-firewall/283f775a-eac6-4586-9e96-2aacc599e7f2
  6. Windows Updates changes network settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Updates changes network settings: Finally fed up with having to reset everything after Windows updates. Been a Windows user since 1995, but I've had it. Going to Linux. You guys at Microsoft will start losing market share sooner or later if you keep making people's lives more difficult....
  7. firewall settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    firewall settings: I want to know how I can allow "coreldraw2017 whats the font" to be used on my desktop, it is being blocked by my firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-settings/af29a469-3dbb-4fe3-bf7c-4a820edeabb3"
  8. Impossible to change any firewall settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Impossible to change any firewall settings: I need to add new rules to windows firewall but any change I do is not saved at all. If I disable the firewall, a window on bottom right corner says firewall is off but when I open firewall settings again, its turned on. And this goes for any setting I try to change. All...
  9. change network settings per network

change network settings per network: Hello. I connect to different wireless networks with my laptop. some networks don't have dhcp and require setting a static IP. the problem is that setting a static IP sets it for ALL networks. sure- there is the additional setting tab- but that only helps with one...
  10. Update from Windows 7 changes Firewall Settings?

Update from Windows 7 changes Firewall Settings?: I've been finding computers on our network that have password protected sharing turned on suddenly. One of them just upgraded (automagically) to Windows 10. If that's going to happen, what are the "rules"? Another example, cross subnet File Sharing lost all of the subnet...