Windows 10: Updates do NOT automatically install despite being set to do so

Discus and support Updates do NOT automatically install despite being set to do so in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have my settings configured to automatically download and install Windows updates, yet every single day I have to manually check for updates and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Abc123, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Abc123 Win User

Updates do NOT automatically install despite being set to do so

I have my settings configured to automatically download and install Windows updates, yet every single day I have to manually check for updates and there are always updates found, which then proceed to be installed. Why is this? By very definition, shouldn't "automatic updates" mean that nothing should be found when manually checking for them? Yet this is a daily occurrence.

:)

Abc123, Sep 27, 2015

2. Windows lowering volumes , despite being set to "Do nothing"

Hello,

Whenever Windows detects voice communication, or any kind of sounds for that matter, it lowers the volume of the music played. Using the "Do nothing" setting does not help, happens no matter where the music is played from.

Any ideas?

Mustarotta, Sep 27, 2015
  3. Windows lowering volumes , despite being set to "Do nothing"

What voice communication program are you using? Skype, or something else?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 27, 2015
  4. Updates do NOT automatically install despite being set to do so

By default Windows Update only checks for updates roughly every 22 hours, thus if you manually check between the 22 hour intervals you may find updates that weren't available during the last auto check.

fracking4oil, Sep 27, 2015
  5. Abc123 Win User
    I see. Simple enough. Thanks!

Abc123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Updates do NOT automatically install despite being set to do so

1. Updates do NOT automatically install despite being set to do so - Similar Threads - Updates automatically install

2. Not showing update despite there being some

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not showing update despite there being some: Hi all. I have recently paused updates but I have now resumed them and it says up to date. However I know I need to get the March update for version 2004 which I was being prompted to up date to before I paused them. Are the any other methods to make windows check for...
  3. WIN UPDATES FORCED INSTALLED DESPITE SETTINGS TO NOT DO SO WHY?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WIN UPDATES FORCED INSTALLED DESPITE SETTINGS TO NOT DO SO WHY?: I HAVE BOTH ADM ACCOUNT AND NON ADMIN ACCOUNTS SET SO WIN UPDATES DO NOT INSTALL. FOR SOME DAMN REASONS MICROSOFT FORCED INSTALLED UPDATES. WHile trying to remove the stupid updates I DID NOT AUTHORIZE its says unable to uninstall updates. I USED THESE OPTIONS EACH OF THEM...
  4. Cannot do anything as an administrator, despite being an administrator!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot do anything as an administrator, despite being an administrator!: I am trying to make some changes on my laptop that require me to be an Administrator, which I am on both my Microsoft and Local Account. Despite trying both of these options, neither of them is allowing me to action the changes and still advising I require administrator...
  5. Cannot play multiplater on Xbox despite everything being set to "Allow" and so on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot play multiplater on Xbox despite everything being set to "Allow" and so on.: So I've been trying to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition with some friends online; however, when I try to join realms I get the error message "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. See instructions for reviewing and changing your...
  6. Screen automatically locks after idle period, despite being set to never sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen automatically locks after idle period, despite being set to never sleep: A client's computer is constantly locking itself after an indeterminate amount of time idling. I have set the device to never sleep. It does not have a screensaver set. I've changed the system unattended timeout to 0. Dynamic lock is also off. We've also changed the...
  7. Windows update automatically updated my system despite being Disabled!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update automatically updated my system despite being Disabled!: I'm very disappointed to know that my Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Edition does not respect my privacy whatsoever. Last week I upgraded to Windows 10 Home Edition (clean installation) for the first time from my previous Windows 8.1 OS that I had running for 4 years. I disabled...
  8. IP Helper won't start automatically, despite being set to.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Helper won't start automatically, despite being set to.: Not only does IP Helper not automatically start, it resets the default properties to default thus going back to "manual" after boot, even though I changed it to "automatic". I've been tinkering with this for quite some time, trying numerous troubleshooting methods. I am...
  9. Fall creators update installing despite being on business branch

Fall creators update installing despite being on business branch: To my horror after the monthly patch installation Windows suddenly starts preparing the fall creators update. I DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN BUT CANT STOP IT. This doesn’t look good at all. Just triple checked my settings, there is really stated ‘current branch for business’. I...
  10. Automatic updating, what to do?

Automatic updating, what to do?: Hi, all My pc is always updating automatically. Sometimes when I am working, and a certain program freezes, I want to restart my pc. Then the system will update and I have to wait. It's really annoying especially when I'm working on something emergent. Is there a way I can...