Windows 10: updates failed

Discus and support updates failed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Outlook cannot access the specified folder location.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by frankp2, Jul 12, 2018.

1. frankp2 Win User

updates failed

Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Outlook cannot access the specified folder location.

:)

frankp2, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Slartybart Win User

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 12, 2018
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jul 12, 2018
  4. jds21 Win User

updates failed

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

updates failed

1. updates failed - Similar Threads - updates failed

2. Windows Update fails with Error 0x80070015

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update fails with Error 0x80070015: I have been trying to solve this issue for quite some time. I have had to install the regular KB updates manually for months. To this point I have (Many times) ran the Windows Update troubleshooter, All of the DISM commands, System File Checker (sfc.exe), check disk, stopped...
  3. Windows 10 update fail: login to local account, then black screen for five minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fail: login to local account, then black screen for five minutes: Both the admin and regular logins are local. A week ago when I last used this PC, everything was fine. Now I booted it and logged into the regular account, but the screen went completely dark, though I could see the cursor. I rebooted, but the same thing happened. I was able...
  4. GDR-DU Updates fail to install

GDR-DU Updates fail to install: Got five (5) variations of GDR-DU that failed to install. see pic What are they? How important are they? What should I do? Looked up the error code explanation and it was no help. Said Failed to install. I am using Windows 10 version 1709 Build 16299.665 Don't know if...
  5. Windows 10 update initialization may fail on devices with low storage space

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update initialization may fail on devices with low storage space: In a support document, Microsoft has acknowledged that Windows Update may fail on devices with low storage space. The support document was quietly published by Microsoft earlier this week and it could be a advice for the users who are planning to install Windows 10 October...
  6. Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update: i am getting overwhemled trying to solve this problem, and I dont know what route to take to try and fix my laptop. It is running very slowly making any attempt to fix it a long process. I do not know what is causing this so i do not know how to attempt to fix it. The issues...
  7. updates failed

updates failed: How to fix this Error code: (0x80073712) problem? And how to repair windows database error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/updates-failed/33302408-ad13-41ae-8b25-ea65bd26a27c
  8. Surface Go failing windows update and having errors

Surface Go failing windows update and having errors: I just bought my dad a new SPG and it is failing on KB4464218 repeatedly even why I try to manually install from the update catalog. Error is 0x8007025d. I tried the update troubleshooter which did nothing to help. from admin command prompt I tried to run SFC /scannow and...
  9. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 fails: I have problems with cumulative update because some files are missing or problems arise. I have to download updates again but get an error code: 0x80073712. How can I resolve it?...
  10. Windows update keeps failing, tried > 40 times.

Windows update keeps failing, tried > 40 times.: Please help solve my windows 10 update issue, I have been trying for 2 months, remove all USB devices, disabled, removed Wirelesss network, change the windows iso by removing the intel.dll, until I am exhausted of all my ideas, I am stuck with windows 1607 on 0xC1900101 -...