Windows 10: Updates Failed

Discus and support Updates Failed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, can't update Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1803 build. We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting your device may help. I have already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Aug 29, 2018.

1. empleat Win User

Updates Failed

Hello,
    can't update Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1803 build.
    We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting your device may help.
    I have already tried troubleshooter, like it would help ever...
    And deleting all in that folder in windows folder in safe mode and after i restarted pc it said all up to date a now it says again Updates Failed.
    LOL.

:)

empleat, Aug 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 29, 2018
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Aug 29, 2018
  4. jds21 Win User

Updates Failed

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Aug 29, 2018
Thema:

Updates Failed

1. Updates Failed - Similar Threads - Updates Failed

2. Windows update fail: KB2538243

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update fail: KB2538243: I have a new Win10 Pro (1809) computer (x64 based processor) for 2 days now. I had my data from my old computer moved over to this one, which was also a Win10 computer but it had been upgraded form Win7. (Not sure why I'm mentioning this - but you never know if it will be...
  3. Windows 10 Update 1809 fails to install

Windows 10 Update 1809 fails to install: Hi, I got a brand new HP Omen PC in January, since getting it, win10 has tried to update to version 1803 and 1809 without success for months. Each time it will download the update, install, restart and on "configuring update" it will get between 50% and 80% and then...
  4. The recently window update may cause my SP SSD to fail.

The recently window update may cause my SP SSD to fail.: After the recently Window 10 update, my SP SSD failed in the following ways: after logging in the window, it took 4 - 5 minutes to load instead of 2 - 3 seconds in the past before it could properly function. One time, there was even a screen showing my C:/ driver was broken...
  5. Updates Failed for 2019-04 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version...

Updates Failed for 2019-04 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version...: 2019-04 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4493478) - Error 0x80242fff any idea what I should do about this? Edit, adding information from event viewer: - <Event...
  6. Computer won't work after latest windows 10 update failed installing, and I'm at a loss

Computer won't work after latest windows 10 update failed installing, and I'm at a loss: So this is going to be a very long read as it's a very complex problem, after the latest windows update my computer will no longer boot or work correctly. I posted on this subject a few days ago however things have gotten a lot worse since then, what originally happened was...
  7. Windows Update 1809 Fails Repeatedly. Have Tried Many Troubleshooting Steps.

Windows Update 1809 Fails Repeatedly. Have Tried Many Troubleshooting Steps.: I've been fighting with Update 1809 for months now. It just steadfastly refuses to install, and occasionally drops a couple of highly generic error messages. Latest is 0x80004005, have previously gotten 0x80004005 - 0x1000a, and a couple others I forget (one or two to do with...
  8. windows 10 update failed (every time) kb449364 kb4100347

windows 10 update failed (every time) kb449364 kb4100347: Hi, im constantly getting asked to update my machine (i usually keep it updated. but the past few months ive been getting "update failed" on startup. its starting to get really annoying. from my update history it looks like kb449364 & kb4100347 but i cannot find any info on...
  9. Recent updates keeps failing. it not only waste my data but also time. sometime it takes...

Recent updates keeps failing. it not only waste my data but also time. sometime it takes...: this is worst thing happening to me since 4 months. totally fed up its just worst it takes time to install then it fails and then It waste my 1 hour for undoing changes. whereas people with fake windows don't even care it just makes my mood much worse....
  10. Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after automatic update and automatic repair unable to resolve

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after automatic update and automatic repair unable to resolve: My Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 310-151sk fails to boot after undergoing an Automatic Microsoft Scheduled upate on the evening of 17 or 18 January 2019. All I get now is the "Automatic Repair" screen. However even when I try several of the options here, the laptop still fails to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. were having some trouble downloading updates. restarting your device may help.

2. were having some trouble downloading updates

3. 2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4493509) www.windowsphoneinfo.com

4. Download error - 0x80004004 KB4090007,
  5. were having some trouble downloading updates. restarting your device may help,
  6. failed windows update kb4090007