Windows 10: Updates Failed

Discus and support Updates Failed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, can't update Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1803 build. We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting your device may help. I have already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Aug 29, 2018.

1. empleat Win User

Updates Failed

Hello,
    can't update Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1803 build.
    We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting your device may help.
    I have already tried troubleshooter, like it would help ever...
    And deleting all in that folder in windows folder in safe mode and after i restarted pc it said all up to date a now it says again Updates Failed.
    LOL.

:)

empleat, Aug 29, 2018
  2. Slartybart Win User

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 29, 2018
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Aug 29, 2018
  4. jds21 Win User

Updates Failed

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Aug 29, 2018
Thema:

Updates Failed

1. Updates Failed - Similar Threads - Updates Failed

2. Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update: i am getting overwhemled trying to solve this problem, and I dont know what route to take to try and fix my laptop. It is running very slowly making any attempt to fix it a long process. I do not know what is causing this so i do not know how to attempt to fix it. The issues...
  3. updates failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates failed: How to fix this Error code: (0x80073712) problem? And how to repair windows database error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/updates-failed/33302408-ad13-41ae-8b25-ea65bd26a27c
  4. Surface Go failing windows update and having errors

Surface Go failing windows update and having errors: I just bought my dad a new SPG and it is failing on KB4464218 repeatedly even why I try to manually install from the update catalog. Error is 0x8007025d. I tried the update troubleshooter which did nothing to help. from admin command prompt I tried to run SFC /scannow and...
  5. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 fails: I have problems with cumulative update because some files are missing or problems arise. I have to download updates again but get an error code: 0x80073712. How can I resolve it?...
  6. Windows update keeps failing, tried > 40 times.

Windows update keeps failing, tried > 40 times.: Please help solve my windows 10 update issue, I have been trying for 2 months, remove all USB devices, disabled, removed Wirelesss network, change the windows iso by removing the intel.dll, until I am exhausted of all my ideas, I am stuck with windows 1607 on 0xC1900101 -...
  7. windows 10 update 17758 fails with a hangs-up at 80%

windows 10 update 17758 fails with a hangs-up at 80%: I m attempting to update windows 10 insider 17744 to 17758 via Windows Update. Downloads correctly does 100% of 1st phase of update Then re-boots It gets stuck at 80%. I have let it sit for 10 hours. Never finishes. When I reboot manually, it reverts to 17744. I have...
  8. Windows 10 - Windows update failed to install (KB4457128) - Error 0x8007045d

Windows 10 - Windows update failed to install (KB4457128) - Error 0x8007045d: Recently my PC started running at 100% DISK usage 1-2 minutes after startup. Meanwhile the CPU usage stays at 0-1%. This goes on for about 10 minutes, and then the DISK usage drops to 0-1%, and everything works fine. I found out, that Windows Update has tried to install...
  9. message "updates need to be installed" 1803 history has failed every time it try it. Over...

message "updates need to be installed" 1803 history has failed every time it try it. Over...: the message "updates need to be installed" 1803 history has failed every time it try it. Over 50 times by now. the message "free up space" I only have a small laptop under 26 GB. Can I disable it Thank you...
  10. failed to install cumulative update for windows 10 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4457128)...

failed to install cumulative update for windows 10 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4457128)...: failed to install cumulative update for windows 10 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4457128) (50 times failed) but why? i already remove all my USB except my keyboard and mouse. i also done uninstalling avast antivirus. but seems my PC unable to install update several times....