Windows 10: Updates for OneNote, Class Notebook and Desktop Learning Tools

Discus and support Updates for OneNote, Class Notebook and Desktop Learning Tools in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As back-to-school season approaches, Microsoft is introducing several updates to OneNote, Class Notebook and Desktop Learning Tools to integrate with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Updates for OneNote, Class Notebook and Desktop Learning Tools

Source: Now available: Back-to-school updates for OneNote, Class Notebook and Desktop Learning Tools - The Fire Hose

:)

Brink, Aug 2, 2017

2. Can't rename a notebook and have it sync the new name to phone?

Hi,

Renaming a notebook on OneNote desktop client will only change the display name of the notebook. So, if you open the same notebook after changing display name on a different OneNote desktop client or OneNote Mobile, you will only the old name. The change
    in display name of notebook is only to OneNote desktop client and is not propagated to other client.

Hope this helps!

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Aug 2, 2017
  3. Tim923347 Win User
    Curious about searching across Desktop including OneNote 2016 and OneDrive for Business

It would appear that search SHOULD find results in OneNote 2016 if the notebooks are opened on the computer where the search index is created and updated. I've since learned that the open notebooks are cached locally and that indexer will index these notebooks
    cache.

Tim923347, Aug 2, 2017
Thema:

Updates for OneNote, Class Notebook and Desktop Learning Tools

1. Updates for OneNote, Class Notebook and Desktop Learning Tools - Similar Threads - Updates OneNote Class

2. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  3. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  4. Class Notebook syncing problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Class Notebook syncing problems: Through remote learning I am using Class Notebook to roll out assignments for students. I have two problems. When trying to set a picture/page as background, that option will not show up, even when page is ready for this action. Also Friday afternoon I distributed my...
  5. Remove a OneNote notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove a OneNote notebook: In the list of Notebooks in OneNote I have several Items I'm no longer interested in. How do I remove these from the list? Attemps to open them results in the following messages: [ATTACH]...
  6. Microsoft Announces 30 Updates for OneNote and Class Notebooks

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Announces 30 Updates for OneNote and Class Notebooks: As the school year comes to a close in many parts of the world and districts begin planning professional development, we’re excited to announce a wave of OneNote and Class Notebook improvements based on all of the feedback that we’ve been hearing as we work with amazing...
  7. copy a onenote notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy a onenote notebook: I looked at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_other/this-is-how-to-copy-a-onenote-notebook/6c905b62-04da-4f9c-807b-1eebcf2a1313?page=2 But this no longer seems correct information. There is no File menu in version...
  8. Learning Tools for OneNote improves learning for all

in Windows 10 News
    Learning Tools for OneNote improves learning for all: “Students spend so much energy decoding that they can’t focus on content. This tool will help making learning more efficient.” —Joel Reese, educator at Sammamish High School “If my imagination designed technology, this would be in my wildest dream.” —Haley Heck, educator...
  9. Learning Tools for Word Online and OneNote Online now available

in Windows 10 News
    Learning Tools for Word Online and OneNote Online now available: We are pleased to share that Learning Tools are now available in new languages to all customers with Office 365 or a personal OneDrive account. Previously, we announced that we would deliver Learning Tools to Word Online and OneNote Online, so users on any device can...
  10. Updates for OneNote Class Notebook, Learning Tools and Office Lens

in Windows 10 News
    Updates for OneNote Class Notebook, Learning Tools and Office Lens: The OneNote team continues to listen to teachers to learn about how we can help them be more productive with our software. Today, we are announcing a set of improvements across OneNote Class Notebook, Learning Tools and Office Lens. All these improvements have come directly...