Windows 10: Updates frozen

Discus and support Updates frozen in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In the update screen (settings-update & security) it shows the following updates are available, and further down the page it shows Downloading Updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by carrotmuseum, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Updates frozen

In the update screen (settings-update & security) it shows the following updates are available, and further down the page it shows Downloading Updates 0%. this has been the same figure for about 8 hours and no advance. Not doing any other work on the laptop, so all resources are available.

These are the updates numbers: (mainly for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems)

(KB3182373),(KB3185614),(KB3115462),(KB2597974),(KB3161102), (KB3181403),(KB3150513),(KB3118300)

What can be done to either enforce the updates or get rid of them!

:)

carrotmuseum, Sep 18, 2016
  2. PACALA_BA Win User

Phone is frozen after update

PHONE IS FROZEN AFTER UPDATE............WRONG CAPTION, ......NOT FROM ME !

PHONE.UPDATE.DOWNLOAD.107 IS AGAIN FROZEN .....ON 0%

===========================================

PACALA_BA, Sep 18, 2016
  3. barney67 Win User
    phone update 0% on Microsoft Lumia 532

update frozen 0%.

barney67, Sep 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Updates frozen

dalchina, Sep 18, 2016
  5. There are no ideas on that link, just people whining about how large it is. Is the link correct. What worked fro you?

Can it be downloaded direct?

6. dalchina New Member
    See mine at #137. There are others if you read on. Sorry it's long but otherwise I have to read it for you... and I've read more for you- manual link see #160.

There are other thoughts on making it work if you read on as I recall.

dalchina, Sep 18, 2016
  7. Ok, thanks for that. What do I rename the catroot folders to?

8. dalchina New Member

Updates frozen

Anything you like... you can just delete the contents.. just renaming them is a bit more cautious.. unnecessary really. Then come back & delete them.

You may find it takes a couple of attempts.. at least it did on the very large update.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Updates frozen

1. Updates frozen - Similar Threads - Updates frozen

2. Windows Update frozen - will not download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update frozen - will not download: Windows Update shows that it is running "thinking" and trying to find updates but frozen. But the latest updates will not download. Is this a Microsoft issue. My HP is less than a year old and running Windows 10. Never had this issue before....
  3. Windows 10 update today has frozen my PC at the "We've got an update for you" alert

Windows 10 update today has frozen my PC at the "We've got an update for you" alert: My PC was left on with Google Chrome open with a number of tabs open. When I checked the PC it has a Windows 10 update alert "We've got an update for you." Your update is scheduled for 5.30pm or restart now. However it was already past 5.30pm when I noticed the screen....
  4. Will windows be addressing the common problem of frozen pointer after recent update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will windows be addressing the common problem of frozen pointer after recent update?: WIndows needs to get a fix asap to the frozen pointer issue which developed right after a recent update. One laptop is fine, the other is not. Frustrating! FIX ASAP!...
  5. Windows 10 feature update to 1903 download frozen at 99%

Windows 10 feature update to 1903 download frozen at 99%: Not sure what's happening but one of my systems is stopped at 99% download on the 1903 update.Can't seem to find a wayto discard that 99% and restart the download nor to complete it. Suggestions please. TheOldPuterMan AKA John...
  6. frozen windows 10 after update

frozen windows 10 after update: I selected the update message for windows 10 and now the computer will not start. I cannot get past the initial screen "Lenovo". Tried F8 on boot up and other suggestions on-line. Anyone else have this happen and do you have a solution? Thanks...
  7. No Video Output at all after Frozen Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Video Output at all after Frozen Windows 10 Update: Hi there, No idea if I'm posting my question in the right place, so my apologies if I'm not. Very frustrated right now. Turned on my desktop today (it's an HP Pavilion Magnesium p6774y running Windows 10), and it had to first finish a Windows update. The update got up to...
  8. Windows 10 update overlay makes computer unusable/locked/frozen

Windows 10 update overlay makes computer unusable/locked/frozen: We have a domain of about 100 computers and about 30% of them get this blue overlay periodically that does not respond to clicks and makes the computer unusable without drastic measures. Has anyone found a way to get out of this ridiculous screen without rebooting or forcing...
  9. Windows 10 update frozen

Windows 10 update frozen: The latest windows 10 update started on my laptop at 6pm (GMT) yesterday and after leaving it all night it is now 3pm (GMT) 21 hours later and all i am getting is a blue screen saying “Preparing to configure Windows” and spinning dots. is there anyway I can abort the update...
  10. Windows 10 update assistant frozen at 99%

Windows 10 update assistant frozen at 99%: The short of the problem is noticed my laptop having run time issues, which lead to finding out it was the Windows 10 March update had failed and was causing issues. I have tried a number of different ways yo fix the issue with no resolve. Current the Windows update...