Windows 10: Updates need reboot to finish, but rebooting doesnt resolve (10122)

Discus and support Updates need reboot to finish, but rebooting doesnt resolve (10122) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Folks, since updating from 10074 to 10122, I've got several updates (security and otherwise) which, if I look in update history, report that they need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HIAB, May 26, 2015.

1. HIAB Win User

Updates need reboot to finish, but rebooting doesnt resolve (10122)

Folks, since updating from 10074 to 10122, I've got several updates (security and otherwise) which, if I look in update history, report that they need a reboot to finish installing, but after rebooting, they all still report that they need a reboot to finish.

Any insight?

Also, the 5/14/2015 firmware update keeps wanting to install (I installed it successfully before going to 10122)

Updates need reboot to finish, but rebooting doesnt resolve (10122) [​IMG]

:)

2. Failure to update from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

I have a fairly new Asus laptop that came with Windows 8.1. When I clicked the Windows 10 upgrade icon, it launched the upgrade process, downloaded Windows 10, went through the upgrade process, and rebooted. After the reboot the system was still in Windows
    8.1, and immediately a Windows Update window popped up telling me to reboot to complete installing updates. I rebooted, and the same thing happened. I have rebooted several times now, and each time instead of coming up in Windows 10 it comes up in Windows
    8.1 with a prompt to reboot to finish installing updates. Clearly something is stuck in a loop. How should I resolve this?

By the way, the Windows 10 update icon is still in the task bar. If I click it it tells me Windows 10 is still downloading, even though it had finished downloading during the initial run of this process. And of course if you click on the button to show
    progress, it just throws you over to the Windows Update reboot screen.

JimAtArdua, May 26, 2015
  3. Microsoft Windows 10 Update Problem

Followed all instructions including rebooting.

3a Had to run Norton twice. Failed to finish on first run. Finished on second run. reboot

3b McAfee ran first time. reboot

4 Reset Edge to default reboot

5 Reset Internet Explorer 11 including personnel settings reboot

6 Ran Troubleshooting, found nothing; Ran as administrator, found nothing. reboot

7 Reboot and ran Windows updates. System said Windows was up to date.

Checked on Windows Updates. No additional updates added. e.g. KB3186987 not offered. reboot

Last Windows update KB3173427 on 8/13/2016

Mozilla Firefox still at 47.0.1 but updated 8/30/2016

KenGoodwin, May 26, 2015
  4. Updates need reboot to finish, but rebooting doesnt resolve (10122)

Restart req'd - see: New Security Updates KB3049563 and KB3067515 for Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Slartybart, May 27, 2015
  5. HIAB Win User
  6. You're welcome.
    It's preview code and you're on the fast ring. Expect things not to be production-ready. *Wink

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Updates need reboot to finish, but rebooting doesnt resolve (10122)

1. Updates need reboot to finish, but rebooting doesnt resolve (10122) - Similar Threads - Updates need reboot

2. Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting: Hello,I am attempting a clean installation of Windows 10 onto a new SSD using a 32GB flash drive and the media creation tool. Only the SSD and flash drive to start the windows setup are plugged in. Everything seems to be working smoothly as I select the unallocated drive to...
  3. reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot in one day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot in one day.: reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot rebootreboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot rebootreboot reboot reboot...
  4. reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot in one day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot in one day.: reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot rebootreboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot reboot rebootreboot reboot reboot...
  5. Need Reboot to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Reboot to login: Hi AllWe have a AD where we have 5 dc spread over 3 locationsCurrently we have issues regarding authentication of user accounts from servers and end points.Situatiion: User is working from home and has no issuesuser comes at the office and connects through the cable and gets...
  6. Need Reboot to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Reboot to login: Hi AllWe have a AD where we have 5 dc spread over 3 locationsCurrently we have issues regarding authentication of user accounts from servers and end points.Situatiion: User is working from home and has no issuesuser comes at the office and connects through the cable and gets...
  7. Need Reboot to login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. SOLVED: Update KB5001330 doesn't finish Reboot pending

SOLVED: Update KB5001330 doesn't finish Reboot pending: SOLUTION: Repair installation via Media Creation Tool. _________________________________________________________________________________________ Hi, I'm having a problem with the update KB5001330. I've installed it and now he asks me to reboot. But rebooting doesn't...
  9. Update KB5001330 doesn't finish Reboot pending

Update KB5001330 doesn't finish Reboot pending: Hi, I'm having a problem with the update KB5001330. I've installed it and now he asks me to reboot. But rebooting doesn't change anything, he still want's to reboot after that. How can I fix this? [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Reboot not finishing

Windows Reboot not finishing: I have got a used pc from an acquaintance and now want to reboot it to get a fresh set up. 1. It is giving me the option to select my country, language, keyboard layout and timezone. 2. Giving me a note 3. It is asking for some internet connection 4. It is loading I...