Windows 10: Updates - Not Funtioning?

Discus and support Updates - Not Funtioning? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have laptop HP635. Checking available updates have showing: Cumulative Version 1511 KB3176493 and KB3172729 and Windows Malicious Software...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ess1, Aug 20, 2016.

1. ess1 Win User

Updates - Not Funtioning?

I have laptop HP635.

Checking available updates have showing:
    Cumulative Version 1511 KB3176493 and KB3172729 and
    Windows Malicious Software... KB890830.

Had laptop running for over 18 hours with Downloading Updates showing 0%.

There is disc activity with various figures showing in Task Manager e.g. CPU 11%, Memory 47% disk1>2% and Network 0%.
    There are 49 Background processes running.

Appreciate assistance please.*Sad

Regards.

:)

2. Cortana is lazy, doesn't like to work:

• I told her to finish all the **** my boss told me to do on the computer. Just like in Star Trek.
    • I fell over a few times being total in intoxicated from my short lunch.
    • Not anymore. I through the machine out the window.

Updates Bite, Aug 20, 2016
  3. Cortana is lazy, doesn't like to work:

I told Cortana to finish all my work as I was going to the local pub for lunch. When I returned 5 hours later, the work was not done at all. What gives?

Updates Bite, Aug 20, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

This is a loop corruption.....and a restart generally fixes that. Any updates that did make it through will be installed and the rest will be re-downloaded.

Plankton, Aug 20, 2016
  5. ess1 Win User
    Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Have tried restarting and a start from shutting off without success. Would cancelling these updates be any good, if so how please?

6. Everything should work, just run the reset script:
    Use the Following tutorial to Reset Windows updates completely and check if it helps:
    Reset Windows updates
    Make sure to run the script as an administrator

Sumit Dhiman, Aug 21, 2016
  7. Is your network set as metered?
    There's a Win10.1607 bug ...

Easy test: Fire up Windows Defender and Update it manually.
    When I did that, the progress bar on Windows Update (WU) changed (both updates use the same engine)

That won't help the cumulative updates though, it was only to test if Defender was able to download virus defs independent of WU

Until the bug is fixed, toggle metered connection:
    OFF to get updates
    ON to prevent updates

Slartybart, Aug 21, 2016
  8. ess1 Win User

Guru, Many thanks for your assistance.

What is metered please? From my question you will see how much I know*Redface.

Should I revert to a previous restore first?

9. Slartybart, Aug 21, 2016
  10. ess1 Win User
    Thank you all for assistance.

I d/l Reset Windows Updates and ran the .bat file.

So far downloading is still showing 0% after one hour. There is disc activity so presumably updates are large.
    Will keep you informed.

Regards.

11. ess1 Win User
    Updates installed*Smile.

Once again, many thanks.

Thema:

1. Updates - Not Funtioning? - Similar Threads - Updates Funtioning

2. Why microsoft force us to update? It is terrible and makes computer slower.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why microsoft force us to update? It is terrible and makes computer slower.: The update is useless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-microsoft-force-us-to-update-it-is-terrible/c1f2a227-21f0-4e0d-a809-0ae65418222b
  3. Computer updated now not working.

Computer updated now not working.: Hope someone can help. I hate windows 10. Dont use this computer much & its brand new. Turned it on & its in a “safe mode”. Read all these blogs & it must have been an update that caused this. I finally found my Bitlocker key & its not working. My warranty just expired and i...
  4. windows 10 update not downloading

windows 10 update not downloading: hi i keep trying to update windows 10 but keep getting this error code 0x80d02013 and not sure what to do as my laptop won,t install pending updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-not-downloading/8510c568-a6b1-42bd-b826-9542301a628e
  5. After a forced windows10 update, I lost my iphone backup.

After a forced windows10 update, I lost my iphone backup.: Hi I had to reset my apple account as I lost my password. After my Apple account, Windows force an update and I lost my apple backup files. Is there any chance to fix it/ Thanks...
  6. Ryzen 3 2200G Black Display after driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ryzen 3 2200G Black Display after driver update: I am extremely disappointed with this platform. There is most likely a driver error and I can't understand what it is. My system is very simple: Ryzen 3 2200G 400W PSU 8GB Corsair CMK8GX4M1A2666C16 Asus Prime A320M-K The computer has been having random BSOD. Dump files...
  7. Windows 10 Update Deleted All My Files

Windows 10 Update Deleted All My Files: Windows 10 updated and all my files are gone. I tried retrieving it from the windows.old file but it was empty. All my pictures were on my computer and now they are completely gone and this is ridiculous that an update my computer said it needed completely wiped my computer....
  8. After update Nov 12, 2019-KB4524570 (OSbuilds 18362.476 & 18363.476) unable to open desktop...

After update Nov 12, 2019-KB4524570 (OSbuilds 18362.476 & 18363.476) unable to open desktop...: After update Nov 12, 2019-KB4524570 (OSbuilds 18362.476 & 18363.476) unable to open desktop shortcuts on the 2nd user only. This happened the last time I updated. There are 2 users When clicking, this is what appeared. This is the 2nd time. Why?[ATTACH]g on a shortcut,...
  9. Windows 10’s next update to make Windows Search more efficient

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next update to make Windows Search more efficient: Microsoft has released Windows 10 20H1 Build 19025 for Insiders with a number of fixes and improved Windows Search feature. Unlike the November 2019 Update, Windows 10 20H1 is the next big update and the release is due for the spring of 2020, but the update could arrive...
  10. 60GB of Space Appeared on Harddrive After Steam Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    60GB of Space Appeared on Harddrive After Steam Update: So... Last night (November 14), I updated Just Cause 4 on Steam. The download was 14GB. I have been having issues lately freeing up space, trying to delete old files when needed, but I was at 6GB as of last night. I completely forgot about the storage limitation before I...