Windows 10: Updates on old laptop

Discus and support Updates on old laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old Gateway laptop computer, see specification below, that I still use as a reserve machine having suffered multiple problems with Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Polterry, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Polterry Win User

Updates on old laptop

I have an old Gateway laptop computer, see specification below, that I still use as a reserve machine having suffered multiple problems with Windows 10 on my everyday machine. Those problems thankfully now seem to have been sorted out. I appreciate that W10 strains the specification for my Gateway. GATEWAY MT6839bINTEL CORE 2 CPU T5300 @ 1.73GHzRAM 2GB64-BIT OS, X64 BASED PROCESSORWINDOWS 10 PRO UPDATE KB4021701The reason for this post is that for update KB4134662 installed on 10th June I had serious problems with the Gateway. The principle one was that I could not use the internet. I tried all the trouble shooting options without success. I checked the Device Manager settings and found that several devices had errors. The previous version of W10 was working well; I had already spent around 1 hour trying to fix problem, I did not want the hassle of finding new drivers if they existed. In other words I was well and truely pi..ed off!I then went back to the previous build. That operation took place efficiently and I had a reserve machine again. I take security on the internet very seriously and I therefore want to ensure as far as possible that I have the most up-to-date security features on my machines. My question IS THERE A WAY OF ONLY INSTALLING THE SECURITY PARTS OF WINDOWS UPDATES without 3d modeling, Cortana and all the other bumf that forms part of W10??? If so can some one please explain how to do so.Regards Terry Green

:)

Polterry, Jun 14, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

What to do with old laptop

If you actually read the thread it is a spare old laptop.

Nordic, Jun 15, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 15, 2018
  4. Anthony12 Win User

Updates on old laptop

What to do with old laptop

Yeah this is good suggestions here with your old laptop but i just want to say you that you should replace your old laptop with any new laptop by exchanging the old one and i think this is the best opinion for you ....

Give us a call

Anthony12, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

Updates on old laptop

1. Updates on old laptop - Similar Threads - Updates old laptop

2. Needto update my really old laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Needto update my really old laptop: I need to update my Gateway NE71B laptop that is running Windows 8.1 to atleast Windows 10. Is this possible? I was given this computer and don't have any money to consult with a computer technician....
  3. Updating old Laptop !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating old Laptop !: Good morning, I was trying to help a friend yesterday revive a old laptop over the phone. The laptop as not been used for maybe 2/3 years and was given to my friend. I told her to do a clean install of Windows 10 and to create a Microsoft account which she did. I actually...
  4. Updating old Laptop !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating old Laptop !: Good morning, I was trying to help a friend yesterday revive a old laptop over the phone. The laptop as not been used for maybe 2/3 years and was given to my friend. I told her to do a clean install of Windows 10 and to create a Microsoft account which she did. I actually...
  5. Updating old Laptop !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. old laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    old laptop: i was playing csgo i load a map and start to play but the game froze but i can still hear the game also in csgo pax 2011 in will show this pixel dot and some time crash my computer or just the game...
  7. Old laptop not updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Old laptop not updating: I have an old spare laptop with 1903 version. Thought I'd charge it up and see about updating it. It found 4 updates that have been downloading now for several hours with all 4 Status: Downloading - 0%. Is this typical? Is there any way I can speed this up? 167010
  8. Old laptop not updating

in Windows 10 Support
    Old laptop not updating: I have an old spare laptop with 1903 version. Thought I'd charge it up and see about updating it. It found 4 updates that have been downloading now for several hours with all 4 Status: Downloading - 0%. Is this typical? Is there any way I can speed this up? 167010
  9. Update OS on Old Laptop (will it take?)

Update OS on Old Laptop (will it take?): my mother had/has an old dell laptop, a studio 1737, Dell Service Tag#: 2TXW6K1. IT has windows vista, and my father wants me to do some maintenance on it, possibly send it to her in new york so she can do more than what she could do on her iPad. Since it has an old OS, i'm...
  10. Cannot update 1709 to 1803 - old laptop

Cannot update 1709 to 1803 - old laptop: Hello. I am having big trouble trying to update an old Acer laptop (2GB RAM) which works perfectly fine under w10 v1709 If I run the setup.exe from installation media, I got an error on the boot phase. I deleted all partitions and tried to install it clean. I get a IRQL...