Windows 10: Updates on Windows 10 - a quick explanation

Discus and support Updates on Windows 10 - a quick explanation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys I have tried reading up about the update processes online and am seeing all sorts of stuff about current branch, slow ring, fast ring,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scottyboy99, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Updates on Windows 10 - a quick explanation

Hi guys

I have tried reading up about the update processes online and am seeing all sorts of stuff about current branch, slow ring, fast ring, current branch for business. It's so confusing.

I am soon to get a Windows 10 machine and to save money will probably opt for Home to be pre-installed instead of Pro. Trouble is, like many I don't like the idea of MS forcing automatic updates. It's not that I mind updates per se but I worry about MS and their QA testing these days. I don't want to be a guinea pig for their updates. I am more than happy to receive updates at a latter stage. Is there an easy way to set this in Windows 10 Home? Or is that not possible unless you have the Pro version? I know the updates will come eventually but I'd rather not play Russian roulette with updates by being an early adopter on a machine that I have scrimped every spare penny to enjoy. Patch Tuesday on Windows 7 made me nervous enough but at least I could delay, google for issues before taking the plunge.

So I guess my long winded questions are, how can I setup Windows 10 Home to make updates as infrequent and painless as possible (I don't want to resort to policy or regedits to prevent, I just want to be on slower ring)? Am I better off getting Windows 10 Pro given how nervous I am towards updates?

Many thanks in advance

:)

Scottyboy99, Sep 14, 2015
  2. bhringer Win User

Where has Defender gone?

Perhaps my explanation was not clear, sorry.

Please check link below:

Quick Tip: Use the Old Windows Defender in Windows 10 Creators Update

Quick Tip: Use the Old Windows Defender in Windows 10 Creators Update

~

bhringer, Sep 14, 2015
  3. aaronlws Win User
    looking for a quick explanation of the differnce between nokia and ovi maps

is the on phone app different? is the map loader / pc software different?

what is each? why are their two?

so confused.

thanks.

aaronlws, Sep 14, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Updates on Windows 10 - a quick explanation

If you don't join an insider program the updates you will receive will only be the same updates being pushed to over 75 million other Windows 10 users at this point.

NavyLCDR, Sep 14, 2015
Thema:

Updates on Windows 10 - a quick explanation

1. Updates on Windows 10 - a quick explanation - Similar Threads - Updates quick explanation

2. Windows update stuck with no explanation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update stuck with no explanation: I havent seen any updates for my windows and somehow when i checked in this happens and i dont really know if this actually updating or something happening...
  3. Windows update stuck with no explanation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update stuck with no explanation: I havent seen any updates for my windows and somehow when i checked in this happens and i dont really know if this actually updating or something happening...
  4. Windows update stuck with no explanation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Network Issues -- Would love an explanation!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Network Issues -- Would love an explanation!: I realize that Windows 10 home networking can be problematic. I am wondering if I outline my current scenario with enough background information to allow some smart person to recommend a solution.I have a Linksys Velop router which is connected via ethernet cables to one...
  6. Windows randomly BSOD no explanation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows randomly BSOD no explanation: PC specs: IntelR CoreTM i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz Gigabyte Z77-D3H 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz 250 WD Green SSD Cooler Master Bronze 80PLUS 650W Asus ROG Strix RX 570 OC 8GB Gaming < *new* So recently I bought a new GPU previously ran on iGPU and went to reinstall Windows 10 Home, on...
  7. Need explanation

Need explanation: If my dxdiag shows me dx12, why i cant play games with dx11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-explanation/6318ba80-7e5d-4f02-afeb-26d913973da4
  8. File Explorer explanation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer explanation: I was trying to follow a previous thread regarding the multiple document folders. Is there a explanation of the purpose of these folders? I have files going to different places making it difficult to stay organized....
  9. Windows 10 1809 update reverts quickly

Windows 10 1809 update reverts quickly: I have a Dell XPS13 9360 laptop with 1803 on it. The 1809 update was not showing up when I checked for updates, so I downloaded the Update Assistant which was happy to start the upgrade. The system rebooted, I saw that the update was starting to install, and then about two...
  10. Some windows 10 issues, need explanation

in Windows 10 Support
    Some windows 10 issues, need explanation: Hi everyone I know this question might seem dumb, asking here but i had no other way to know about this. I have been using windows 7 from a long time and a big fan of it. I got windows 8.1 laptop and tried hard to be used to windows 8.1 but unfortunately i couldn't. Its a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explanation of windows 10 updates