Windows 10: Updates Overriding Settings

Discus and support Updates Overriding Settings in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Miscrosoft windows updates reset my default from FF to IE; I did not tell it to. It installed all those unwanted search engines I didnt want. NOT HAPPY... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Feb 3, 2016.

1. elbmek Win User

Updates Overriding Settings

Miscrosoft windows updates reset my default from FF to IE; I did not tell it to. It installed all those unwanted search engines I didnt want. NOT HAPPY Microsoft, my pc is MINE, not yours. Leave my setting alone.

:)

elbmek, Feb 3, 2016
  2. Padgett46 Win User

Tenting turns keyboard off

No-one knows where is the overriding registry setting ? Since does not happen in BIOS, must be the OS doing "something" that is overriding the Settings settings.

Padgett46, Feb 3, 2016
  3. MMS Picture settings etc Lumia 800

If you have an apn setup in Mobile network it will override the setting in the Network Setup app. ALso any manual entry there will override the automatic one.

Paul van der Heu, Feb 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

I use FF- no such issues on 2 PCs, thankfully.

Sometimes a clean Windows install is better than an upgrade...

dalchina, Feb 4, 2016
  5. elbmek Win User
    FF 44 kept placing blank pages on my desktop, checked setting which were correct, so deleted it and now on Comodo Ice Dragon. Back to normal. I would be doing some yping, like now, and suddenly find myself with a two tone green screen!!!!! So had to close and start again. OK now

elbmek, Feb 4, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    FF 44 was an intrusive update, in that I had to act to get a working Restart option again, add an add-on to put the tabs below the address bar as I had them, and get squared tabs. I.e. it changed layout and appearance. Anyway, it's back looking as it was. Otherwise, no issues. (That's the 32 bit version - I've not gone for the new 64 bit version, preferring to wait for stability).

dalchina, Feb 4, 2016
  7. CmmTch Win User
    Mozilla has had a 64x browser for years, Access the Internet, built just for you. I've used it with IE interchangably for a long time. Very stable, I can't remember one crash or other problems with Waterfox.

CmmTch, Feb 6, 2016
  8. elbmek Win User

comodo seems good too. Now I've said it .......................... oops!

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Updates Overriding Settings - Similar Threads - Updates Overriding Settings

2. how to override system protection settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to override system protection settings?: How to override system protection settings through command prompt?Sections are grayed out and cannot be accessed. Is someone else controlling my computer remotely?...
  3. how to override system protection settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to override system protection settings?: How to override system protection settings through command prompt?Sections are grayed out and cannot be accessed. Is someone else controlling my computer remotely?...
  4. Windows Updates and Proxy Override

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates and Proxy Override: I have a user account that signs in to multiple computers. I have internet blocked for that user via group policy. However, I need windows updates to run. I have tried adding the update sites to proxy override with no success. I know WSUS is an option but making that change...
  5. Windows Updates and Proxy Override

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates and Proxy Override: I have a user account that signs in to multiple computers. I have internet blocked for that user via group policy. However, I need windows updates to run. I have tried adding the update sites to proxy override with no success. I know WSUS is an option but making that change...
  6. Windows Updates and Proxy Override

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Settings override

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings override: Whenever I'm in the settings app, I get the `Systemsettings.exe - System Error` "The system detected an overrun of a stack-bassed buffer in this application, This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application."...
  8. Mass set High DPI scaling override

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mass set High DPI scaling override: [ATTACH] I just recently got a 1440p monitor, but the rest of mine are still on 1080p, and because of Windows scaling Issues I tried changing these settings. They do help, but it's annoying to do this for every application. Is there a way to mass change these settings for...
  9. Reboot overrides registry setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reboot overrides registry setting: How do I keep windows 10 update 2020 from overriding my HID-compliant touch screen registry setting on reboot? I had to set it to off because the update made my mouse move by itself....
  10. Windows 10 Updates overrides USB Wifi settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Updates overrides USB Wifi settings: During the last 2-3 montly patches from Microsoft I loose the settings for my USB-Wifi device. The Microsoft driver overrides the Realtek driver from Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Any suggestions ? Thanks in advence. [ATTACH]...