Windows 10: Updates Overriding Settings

Discus and support Updates Overriding Settings in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Miscrosoft windows updates reset my default from FF to IE; I did not tell it to. It installed all those unwanted search engines I didnt want. NOT HAPPY... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Feb 3, 2016.

1. elbmek Win User

Updates Overriding Settings

Miscrosoft windows updates reset my default from FF to IE; I did not tell it to. It installed all those unwanted search engines I didnt want. NOT HAPPY Microsoft, my pc is MINE, not yours. Leave my setting alone.

:)

elbmek, Feb 3, 2016
  2. Padgett46 Win User

Tenting turns keyboard off

No-one knows where is the overriding registry setting ? Since does not happen in BIOS, must be the OS doing "something" that is overriding the Settings settings.

Padgett46, Feb 3, 2016
  3. MMS Picture settings etc Lumia 800

If you have an apn setup in Mobile network it will override the setting in the Network Setup app. ALso any manual entry there will override the automatic one.

Paul van der Heu, Feb 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

I use FF- no such issues on 2 PCs, thankfully.

Sometimes a clean Windows install is better than an upgrade...

dalchina, Feb 4, 2016
  5. elbmek Win User
    FF 44 kept placing blank pages on my desktop, checked setting which were correct, so deleted it and now on Comodo Ice Dragon. Back to normal. I would be doing some yping, like now, and suddenly find myself with a two tone green screen!!!!! So had to close and start again. OK now

elbmek, Feb 4, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    FF 44 was an intrusive update, in that I had to act to get a working Restart option again, add an add-on to put the tabs below the address bar as I had them, and get squared tabs. I.e. it changed layout and appearance. Anyway, it's back looking as it was. Otherwise, no issues. (That's the 32 bit version - I've not gone for the new 64 bit version, preferring to wait for stability).

dalchina, Feb 4, 2016
  7. CmmTch Win User
    Mozilla has had a 64x browser for years, Access the Internet, built just for you. I've used it with IE interchangably for a long time. Very stable, I can't remember one crash or other problems with Waterfox.

CmmTch, Feb 6, 2016
  8. elbmek Win User

comodo seems good too. Now I've said it .......................... oops!

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Updates Overriding Settings - Similar Threads - Updates Overriding Settings

2. Snip & Sketch overrides clipboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip & Sketch overrides clipboard: I configured my Snip & Sketch app so that snips will not automatically copied. But they are always copied automatically to the clipboard. I did the troubleshooting steps such as computer rebooting but all in vain...
  3. Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard: I have my Snip & Sketch app configured to NOT automatically copy snips to the clipboard, but it keeps copying them automatically to the clipboard. I have rebooted the computer, but the issue persists. I would like this app to not automatically override my clipboard with new...
  4. Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard

Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard: I have my Snip & Sketch app configured to NOT automatically copy snips to the clipboard, but it keeps copying them automatically to the clipboard. I have rebooted the computer, but the issue persists. I would like this app to not automatically override my clipboard with new...
  5. How to override default Regional Format settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to override default Regional Format settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Depending on where you are, and what locale you work with, and lastly which locale you belong to, Windows 10 doesn’t offer many choices for its Region settings. The standard region settings for Windows 10 lets you select one set [...] This post How to override...
  6. Microsoft Master sign in password override...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Master sign in password override...: Hi, My 15 year old son is not agreeing with us for his screen time limit and found on a hacker site a password to sign into our computer and play unlimited. I had a pin to secure the computers. Can you help me to have another security layer for so we can give this kid...
  7. Langauge override with Powershell not Working

Langauge override with Powershell not Working: Hello! I am trying to make an automating script to configure a set of PC:s one of the settings im trying to automate is override Language, both UI and Input but nothing happens when i enter the cmd-lets in PS i use: Set-WinUILanguageOverride en-US but nothing happens, i...
  8. Taskbar Color Override (In W10TP)

Taskbar Color Override (In W10TP): As you may have noticed, in Windows 10 Technical Preview - Build 9926, the taskbar, in most cases, seems to retain a much darker shade of color regardless of the color settings you choose. Here's some 'loose' instructions to override the default taskbar color. (I say...
  9. Screensaver overrides fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver overrides fullscreen games: My screensaver (a custom one) has a tendency to override some, but probably not all, fullscreen games if I don't use the keyboard or mouse for long enough, for example if I'm watching a cutscene or using some non-mouse, non-keyboard controllers (gamepads, smartphones etc.)...
  10. Screen Brightness Override

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Brightness Override: Hi, I have been having an issue recently with newer games. The games I play now are starting to override my gpu screen brightness settings and reverting them back to original brightness. Basically I have my screen brightness set lower than normal through my gpu control...