Windows 10: Updates post Anniversary just keep running

Discus and support Updates post Anniversary just keep running in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Since the Anniversary update, Windows has updated 3 times. Each time I have restarted my PC to install, it just runs and runs ie the little whirly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Glasseyefong, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Updates post Anniversary just keep running

Since the Anniversary update, Windows has updated 3 times. Each time I have restarted my PC to install, it just runs and runs ie the little whirly circle on the screen and an occasional blip on the hard disk light. The first time I let it run for 3 hours as I saw this being quoted in internet searches. In the end I just turned off my PC and restarted it. It started normally, reached 100% complete install in seconds and was fine. The second 2 updates went the same way.

Is this a known issue and is there a solution?

Martin

:)

Glasseyefong, Sep 2, 2016

2. windows 10 anniversary update

I have been trying to get the latest updates after the anniversary came out, but there seems to be a problem, I go in and run the updates and it just keeps trying to install the anniversary update.

This has been a problem for some time but what about all other updates? will microsoft correct the problems with the anniversary update? if so when and how can we get the tools and other things that come with it

GregoryFye52, Sep 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update stops at 32% and doesnt respond

I tried installing the Windows 10 anniversary update a couple of times and it stops at 32% an doesnt respond. When I try to restart it rolls back.

I am currently running Windows 10 on an ACER Laptop. Just wanted to know if it is worth it to keep trying to install this ANNIVERSARY update.

Thanks

YT

YThisKolaveri, Sep 2, 2016
Thema:

Updates post Anniversary just keep running

1. Updates post Anniversary just keep running - Similar Threads - Updates post Anniversary

2. Post Anniversary Update: System Clock Font Black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Post Anniversary Update: System Clock Font Black: I've tried switching themes, changing colours etc. etc. no difference. What's with this latest "upgrade" that would alter only the colour of the system clock font? It's happened on both of my Windows 10 installations. I do have the Aerolite theme installed but no settings...
  3. Post Anniversary Update: Long App List in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Post Anniversary Update: Long App List in Start Menu: Before the update, there was "all programs" which would hide all the apps but now they're all exposed as soon as you click the start button. How to remove this long ugly list? [img] 60050
  4. Anniversary Update will not run original W7/Vista games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anniversary Update will not run original W7/Vista games.: I have clean installed the Anniversary Edition of W10 (x64 pro) and can not get the old W7/Vista games to launch and run. These were the original Chess Titans, Mahjong etc. The files install as normal but the actual games will not launch from the main screen. Nothing...
  5. Unable to Install Anniversary Update - Keeps failing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to Install Anniversary Update - Keeps failing: I am unable to install the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, keeps failing after second restart (at around 75%). Machine is a relatively recent custom build, a little over 12 months old: Gigabyte B85M-HD3 (rev 2) mobo, i5-4460 CPU, Geforce GT 740 2GB GPU, 8GB RAM, Samsung 850...
  6. Store apps not running after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store apps not running after anniversary update: Before the anniversary update all of my Windows Store apps were working properly. Now some of the apps will start the app splash screen like it is going to launch, then it exits back to the desktop. I have searched the issue of windows store apps not running on the internet....
  7. Cortana News Post Anniversary Update

Cortana News Post Anniversary Update: Hi guys. Just wondering here if this is a known issue. Does Cortana not show news items anymore when you click on the Ask Me Anything tab? It did pre anniversary update but it does not now. My region/location is all UK. Many thanks 59356
  8. Additional post-Anniversary update kills Sticky Notes app

Additional post-Anniversary update kills Sticky Notes app: Just confirmed this behavior on a number of Windows 10 Pro x64 machines. Immediately after installation of Anniversary Update the Sticky Notes app works as intended. However, later the Store app will show that there's an update for Sticky Notes app. Downloading and...
  9. Running out of memory since Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running out of memory since Anniversary update: When I play DDO, I also have chrome and Explorer open. This was never a problem until the anniversary update. Now I get screen messages saying I need to close something because I am running out of memory. Task manager shows memory usage at 89 - 91%. Even after I closed...
  10. Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue: Immediately following the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing issues with text highlighting. Left click text highlighting rarely 'sticks', or stays highlighted after releasing the left mouse button. Right click text highlighting doesn't highlight text at all....